PDA

View Full Version : Found a new grease fitting on my Turf T HP.

o-so-n-so
11-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Was replacing my main drive belt on my Turf Tracer HP this week and discovered a grease fitting. This thing is located on the manual pto lever just under the engine deck (its where the PTO safety switch arm is located)....Looked on my lube chart and it does show this fitting but i thought it was indicating the fitting sticking out in the vertical position on the side.
4 years and no grease in this fitting......dang....it was still in good shape and took a couple of shots of lube.

no reply needed.......just thought i would share my discovery.

LLandscaping
11-20-2006, 12:19 AM
On my Scag Tiger Cub you have to take off the rear wheels to get to two grease points. One of them is the parking brake actuator. We didn't know it was there and went 200hrs without greasing and it locked up. That was a $400 mistake now I make sure to grease everything.

Richard Martin
11-20-2006, 07:37 AM
On my Scag Tiger Cub you have to take off the rear wheels to get to two grease points. One of them is the parking brake actuator. We didn't know it was there and went 200hrs without greasing and it locked up. That was a $400 mistake now I make sure to grease everything.

You should look around and see if you can find a extension so you can move those grease fittings to an accessable area. Lincoln Tools makes a whole lot of lubrication equipment and they may have something.

Roger
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I think the fitting you found on your TTHP is the same one I have on my Viking, the crank on the blade engagement mechanism. Yes, it is not easy to reach, but it can be done. I grease mine once per season.

With my former gun with a pipe extension, it was not possible to reach easily. I found I had two choices, either take off the take-up idler pulley, or put a hose on my grease gun. Now, I am using a new pistol grip gun, with a hose extension, not a pipe. I always have reached the fitting from above the deck.

I replaced spindle bearings the other day, and found I could reach the fitting most easily when the deck was fully elevated (mower tipped back as far as it would go). I could reach up under the deck with the end of the grease hose, and with the engagement lever in "engaged" position, the fitting could be reached.

No, it is not covenient, and is a poor design.