PDA

View Full Version : Presentation Folders

Team-Green L&L
11-19-2006, 08:21 PM
How many out there use custom folders for their estimates and drawings? I am having a doozy of a time getting this layout right and keep seeing errors. Please comment of any errors that I am missing. Thanks a lot!

dekalb lawn man
11-19-2006, 10:26 PM
The contact us portion on the bottem is upside down. Thats all I noticed.

SDNCLAWNCARE
11-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Looks Great. I'm in the process of putting mine together as we speak. Wish me luck:dancing:

BSDeality
11-20-2006, 09:44 AM
the contact us part is upside down because you flip crease it and it then becomes the pocket on the inside of the folder.

I might add a business card holder to the other pocket. they'll put 4 diagonal slits and you slip your card in. You might substitute a magnetic biz card too so they take it out and plop it on the fridge.

The picture on the lower left side of the interior is pretty dull, take that picture again with better lighting. There also appears to be a good amount of wasted space on the lower right side.

Team-Green L&L
11-20-2006, 09:50 AM
The right pocket has business card slits, but I'm afraid of how the card would interfere with the graphic that will be beneath the card. I'm pondering the idea that the homeowner will remove the card, leaving a hidden graphic. Any opinions?

Team-Green L&L
11-20-2006, 09:57 AM
Looks Great. I'm in the process of putting mine together as we speak. Wish me luck:dancing:

Good luck with your endeavors. A couple rules of thumb:

1. Don't use too many different fonts

2. Don't let your font sizing show extreme changes

3. Stick with your color palette

4. Remember that the reader doesn't care "who you are" or what your logo looks like. They care about what you can give them and why yours is better than someone else's

5. Remember to have a "bleed" area for the ink (.1-.2" should do it)

6. Don't cram too much info on it or the reader will be discouraged and simply not read any of it.

Post your proof when you're done and I'll take a look at it.

Frontier-Lawn
11-20-2006, 10:22 AM
i was thinkiing on using vistaprints lawn care one.

Frontier-Lawn
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
heres one of the ones i was thinking on geting. less print= cheaper, but i love your layout Team-Green
http://www.vistaprint.com/library/ic_cross/ssr/1033/ns_front/5494/5494.106.16.69017.69017.137.0.jpg?

Team-Green L&L
11-21-2006, 12:07 AM
Thank you. I used to use templates and pre-made art until I gave one to a potential client and saw him sit it in a bin on top of another company's bid in the same folder. That was embarrassing and obviously cost me that bid.