PDA

View Full Version : "no skin off my back.....

1MajorTom
11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I'll sit around getting fat all winter". that's what Matt says to himself when he is bidding jobs at this point of the year. Today he was at a regular customers house finishing up for the season, when a guy approached and wanted to know how much to clear out his back yard/half on a hill. Matt told him, "well I won't be able to get to it till December if the weather holds out, I'll have to take a better look at it, and walk thru it all, but roughly around $2500.00, with half down prior to starting." The guy didn't even blink, he said "ok, let me know how much exactly and when you'll want the deposit."
Who, when it comes this time of the year, bids the jobs higher and with more abandon?

Skyking
11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Me!!!!!!!!

DLCS
11-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Cost more to get my butt of the couch in the winter.:)

nobagger
11-20-2006, 09:31 PM
I will bid if I honestly think we can get it done before the snow fly's. I wouldn't charge them any more than usual, to me thats taking advantage of them,why? I would rather charge them a rate thats fair to every one and possibly get them back next season instead of being remembered as the company who gouged them and they will never call you again for anything.

DUSTYCEDAR
11-20-2006, 09:35 PM
fat and lazy oh yeah i can smell the turkey work :cry: now my idea of fun in the cold

Precision
11-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I would if I lived up north.

I do that during peak season with people who need their jungles tamed or need spring trimming but wait until May (3 years after it should have been done).

I don't fix the client's lazy for cheap.

WildWest
11-20-2006, 11:54 PM
The COST OF LIVING up north is insane, 2500 is probably a 3rd of this guys property taxes!