PDA

View Full Version : 42 inch mini fastrak for 5 customers

bstroman
11-20-2006, 10:36 PM
I currently have 5 customers and do not plan to add any more. This is a side line business and currently using a lawn tractor. I would like to replace it with a zero, but the prices hurt and I would never be able to repay that cost. Hustler dealer said that the mini fastrak would work for 5 yards, each one is no larger than .5 acre. Please advise on what to do. I was leaning towards a 36 inch walk behind, but I love the time that can be saved on a z.

bstroman
11-21-2006, 07:22 PM
anyone want to help me out on this

bstroman
11-21-2006, 10:59 PM
ok, anyone got an opinion on this. If I dont by the fastrak I am going to purchase a 48 inch gear drive walkbehind.

bstroman
11-23-2006, 12:08 AM
ok, looks like a walk behind might be my best bet. My sears mower has broke twice this year. Need commercial use.

fishinpa
11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
you might want to try posting this iver in the commercial forum.

I have an MFT 42/Honda 16hp and do my 1/2 acre lawn and help out two nighbors. one is about .5 and the other is .75 acre. I'll have 55 to 60hrs on it this year and have had no problems.

As a matter of fact I'm a little upset that I'm going to have to put it away for the winter. This is the first mower I ever looked forward to using!

mowerconsultant
11-27-2006, 08:49 AM
It would work, although it is not a commercial unit.
There are plenty of guys out there using them commercially, until last spring we didn't have a commercial unit in that size, so a lot of Hustler fan's were using the Mini FasTrak commercially with little to no problems.
For a little more money you can get into the Mini Z 42" or even 36" unit.

Pj

Gautreaux's LNG
11-28-2006, 01:06 PM
I have few customers who have purchased the MiniFasTrak for commercial use (less than 10 customers) they have been very successful. They can't hold up forever to this type of use, they are simply not designed for this type of use. But a good maintenance plan will help extend their life.

I would recommend stepping up to the 44" FasTrak. The IZT hydro's compared to the EZT hydro's... will be a asset down the road.

You can also get a 42" MiniZ for $4999.00 with a 2 year commercial warranty.. We have sold a bunch of these this season and the guys love them....

Just my .02