PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on this site not into hunting? Or even against it?

HenryB
11-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not into it at all. I wouldn't say I'm against it. It just seems so unfair to kill such a beautiful animal using a gun or bow. The animal doesn't stand a chance against a bullet. My friends (other LCO's) are shocked at my stance because I wrestled in college and did MMA afterwards for years. Yes, those are violent sports but it's hand to hand combat not flesh against rifle. I'm not judging or protesting you guys just wondering what a hunter's thoughts are on this topic?

dcgreenspro
11-20-2006, 11:43 PM
my brother has been hunting now for two years. his father in law (J.O.) got him into it and i don't see the point. My cousin married a guy that only hunts some thing that can kill him, which i think is a pretty fair stance. that being said, he was raised hunting with his father who would practically live off the deer meat for most of the year. I can also agree with that.
Most of the guys i know are in it for the trophy. to each his own, i guess.

Dirty Water
11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't hunt.

However, I don't have a problem with people who do.

The only hunting I disprove of is farmed bird hunting. Might as well shoot fish in a barrel.

Splicer
11-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I don't hunt but have no issue with the sport...But as mentioned...caged hunting is B.S...:nono:

sildoc
11-21-2006, 12:29 AM
I do hunt.
I find those that disprove of it are against killing a living organism. My response is, how did you survive?

procut
11-21-2006, 12:31 AM
I have absolutly nothing against hunting, but don't hunt myself.

LawnBrother
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I used to hunt when I was younger, but I ate what I killed. I don't personally agree with trophy hunting, and cage hunting is total BS. I really like venison, and other wild game. I have been wanting to hunt again for a couple of years. I just don't see a reason for it unless you are planning on eating it.

ECS
11-21-2006, 12:52 AM
I hunt ans have been hunting most of my life. I eat everything I shoot. Even with tropy hunting, they are required to bring the meat out with them and if they don't, they are in violation of game laws and is considered poaching. I don't know about other states, but here the head ids the last thing to be brought out, unless you bring everything out at once. I am not into a fenced hunt, but I am not against it if that is all that is available to an individual, then that is their choice and as long as it is legal, I have no problem with it.

ECS
11-21-2006, 01:19 AM
I would also like to add that when pictures are posted, make sure they are clean. It is a disrect to the animal to show pictures the way some of them have been shown. Clean them up, show them as the magestic animal they are. Take the pictures in the feid, not on the garage floor or back of the truck. Take the time to roll it a little to hide where it was gutted and place tjhe tongue back in its mouth. Have respect for the people viewing them and for the animal itself. Show the non hunting public that we are not just animal killers.

HOOLIE
11-21-2006, 02:11 AM
I don't hunt but not against it by any means. I do have a problem with getting up before dawn and sitting in the woods in the cold. That just doesn't seem right :confused:

My parents were born and raised in Brooklyn and the Bronx so things like hunting, fishing and camping were not exactly things New Yorkers did :laugh:

Evergreenpros
11-21-2006, 02:47 AM
If you ever saw a herd of deer starving to death and disease ridden because of over population, hunting makes a lot more sense.

ECS
11-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Back in the 80s, the state of NY opened one of the state parks up for hunting to thin out the herd. Antis stepped in and took it to court. Well the herd did not get thinned out, it got wiped out from starvation. Very bad situation for the deer, very inhumane and very disgusting to tie it up in court and let them die instead of thinning them out.

twj721
11-21-2006, 03:53 AM
I am not against it It just is not my cup of tea have more important things that too me mean more than hunting like spending time with Grand kids

Grandview
11-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Take the grand kids hunting. Then you can do both.

twj721
11-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Take the grand kids hunting. Then you can do both.
the 8 year old like to hang with granma Judy to much and the 6 year old she is a daddys girl and the other 2 ,one is 2 years old and the youngest and only boy he is only 6 months so realy think that thye are either not intrested or sorta young even though the 2 year old managed to get on Amazon .com site and my son had the 1 click to order turned on so Hannah order her a book what was funny was they did not even know she did it till the book arived in the mail :dizzy: :laugh: Did not take them long to make sure the 1 click was turned off lucky that the book was only like 14 dollars but that is sure scary for sure will be something to remember and tell Hannah when she gets a bit older If I had known that grand kids were so much funn I would have had them 1st LOL my moto spoil and send them home with all the LOUD toys :laugh:

GreginAlaska
11-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Here's a fact, nobody on this planet can survive without something else dying. There may come a day when we can live off of synthetic food, but it isn't here now.
Those that eat meat, but are against hunting, are people who can't do their own dirty work. Those who only eat vegetables are people who only prey on something that has no chance of escaping them.
Human are predators...might as well face it.

paolaken
11-21-2006, 09:56 AM
you can't let mother nature run wild. lol

BQLC
11-21-2006, 11:13 AM
I do Hunt & enjoy it very much as it is a time that i can reflect on allot of things while sitting in my deer stand. But as far as hunting goes it is a necessary evil of sorts the herds must be thinned out to prevent starvation of the herd. Most hunters are the biggest conservationist that you will ever meet. They respect the animals that they are after. I do have a problem with those that do not follow the Law. It burns me up to see a animal killed and to find out later that the person who did it used a spotlight or some other illegal means to harvest the animal. Hunting has always been a way for my family to get together a spend time doing something we all enjoy and more times than not nothing was killed at all but the time spent together was priceless.

sildoc
11-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Back in the 80s, the state of NY opened one of the state parks up for hunting to thin out the herd. Antis stepped in and took it to court. Well the herd did not get thinned out, it got wiped out from starvation. Very bad situation for the deer, very inhumane and very disgusting to tie it up in court and let them die instead of thinning them out.
Same problem last year with the elk population in the Rainer National Park in Washington State. Herd was over 10000 in an area of a national park and they tried busting them up to get them out of the park area to allow for hunting. When that didn't work they sent in a few government hunters to take a few diseased cows. December came and nearly the whole herd could be seen rib cages showing like a young ethiopian. January came and nearly 3000 elk died. They tried to get a special hunt to gether to reduce the bulls and take a few cows and hopefully push them out to areas with feed. Some special interest groups tied it up in court for 6 months. the herd was devistated from around 10000 elk to near 3500 in a few months.
The moral of the dilema is that natural predation was not enough to keep the herd in check for that area and allowing hunting would have kept the elk population higher than the estimated 3500.

Jusmowin
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
I hunt on my PS2 deer hunt Cabelas game :) But all joking aside I would really like to try hunting with a bow sometime ...Just gotta learn how to use a bow first!:laugh:

Allure
11-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I would also like to add that when pictures are posted, make sure they are clean. It is a disrect to the animal to show pictures the way some of them have been shown. Clean them up, show them as the magestic animal they are. Take the pictures in the feid, not on the garage floor or back of the truck. Take the time to roll it a little to hide where it was gutted and place tjhe tongue back in its mouth. Have respect for the people viewing them and for the animal itself. Show the non hunting public that we are not just animal killers.

I don't hunt but i am not against it, as long as you eat the meat. I am against caged hunting etc.

ECS i'm not certain but i think the time to respect the animal is before you kill it.

kootoomootoo
11-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Against it

Hunters are just making up for a lack of something else. I think of the movie deliverence when I think of them. Night night tight keep your bumhole tight fellas.:waving:

JCA1
11-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I disagree with shooting a buck and cutting his horns off then throwing his body in the creek. I disagree with running adeer until he can't run anymore and then shooting him while he's trying to catch his breath. Other than that, OK to me. I used to hunt but I don't anymore, don't have the time. My favorite meat is rabbit., and I get far too little of it.

LindblomRJ
11-21-2006, 08:01 PM
ESC you bring up some very good points about photos of the hunt... I am not for the waste wildlife. For some areas it is a way of life. The thing that scares me is other guys out hunting, hunting accidents or idiots with guns are bothersome.

jkingrph
11-21-2006, 08:46 PM
For all of those who oppose hunting, let me ask. Have you ever eaten meat, fish, or fowl? If so something had to die whether it be from hunting, fishing, or merely killing in a slaughter house.

lee b
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Against it

Hunters are just making up for a lack of something else. I think of the movie deliverence when I think of them. Night night tight keep your bumhole tight fellas.:waving:

Now that came as a shock, not.:rolleyes:

ECS
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Same problem last year with the elk population in the Rainer National Park in Washington State. Herd was over 10000 in an area of a national park and they tried busting them up to get them out of the park area to allow for hunting. When that didn't work they sent in a few government hunters to take a few diseased cows. December came and nearly the whole herd could be seen rib cages showing like a young ethiopian. January came and nearly 3000 elk died. They tried to get a special hunt to gether to reduce the bulls and take a few cows and hopefully push them out to areas with feed. Some special interest groups tied it up in court for 6 months. the herd was devistated from around 10000 elk to near 3500 in a few months.
The moral of the dilema is that natural predation was not enough to keep the herd in check for that area and allowing hunting would have kept the elk population higher than the estimated 3500. That will take an act of congress to approve hunting in a National Park. they have been fighting that here in Grand teton National Park for years also. They allow elk hunting only because when the Rockefellars donated the land to the govt. to be used as a national park, it was also stipulated that elk hunting would remain in the park to control elk herds. Not to worry though, the wolves will be there just like they are here.

ECS
11-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Against it

LOL :D When I think of Deliverence, I think of Burt hunting some hillbillies that want to make others squeeeeeelllll like a pig.

ECS
11-21-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't hunt but i am not against it, as long as you eat the meat. I am against caged hunting etc.

ECS i'm not certain but i think the time to respect the animal is before you kill it.
But I do respect it. I respect it enough to make a clean and humane shot. I respect it enough to thank it for feeding me and filling my freezer rather than die of starvation due to overpopulation.

Allure
11-21-2006, 09:21 PM
If you ever saw a herd of deer starving to death and disease ridden because of over population, hunting makes a lot more sense.

ahh yes the compassionate hunters. i don't know about your neck of the woods, but around here hunters don't go after the sick & the starving, they go after the big & the strong because they are trophies.

when i first moved to jackson there was an article about a hunter who bragged about taking a 25 point buck. That buck avoided thousands of cars, other hunters, disease, starvation etc, for years, in a highly populated area so some self absorbed jack a$$ could shoot him, follow him until he was to weak to go on & cut his freakin head off to hang it over his fireplace.

Now as i said before i do not oppose hunting if you eat the meat. just call it what it is, a self indulgent, macho, sport.

Nobody is claiming that bear are starving to death here in NJ. the hunters are just fighting for the right to kill one so they can brag about it to their friends. Nothing altruistic in that.

Allure
11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
The moral of the dilema is that natural predation was not enough to keep the herd in check for that area and allowing hunting would have kept the elk population higher than the estimated 3500.

did you ever bother to ask why the predators couldn't keep the herd in check. Maybe it's because they were hunted to the brink of extinction by man.

ECS
11-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Allure, the purpose of using hunting as a method to control herd numbers is so this does not happen. This situation occurs when hunting is banned or not allowed. And the purpose of of hunting bears in NJ is because they are getting out of hand and coming into residentioal areas. Would you rather a child be mauled by one of those non starving bears? Bears are big and strong animals. they are master oportunists and know where the free meals are, and that is where people are. You can not compare bears to deer in a populated area of the east. That is like comparing apples to oranges. Also some of the best meat I have eaten has been from a spring bear. It wasout of this world delicious. The bear rug on my railing is one that was on my deck, she was a dumpster diver, habituated to humans and the taking of food handed out by humans, such as the lovely little bird feeder next to your deck. Is this what you want instead of having the numbers kept in check?

ECS
11-21-2006, 09:41 PM
did you ever bother to ask why the predators couldn't keep the herd in check. Maybe it's because they were hunted to the brink of extinction by man. And since the reintroduction of the wolf in 1995, they have failed to keep a check on the elk #s in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Do you have any idea as to how many wolves there are in these 3 states? If not, maybe you need to check it out. Bears are also their predator as are the mountain lion. Neither of the latter two have been hunted to the brink of extinction. I thionk you need to do a littel more research on hunting and predators and get a lttile knowledge on this. There is a lot of information on the web about all of this. To give you an idea as to the wolf population, there are 3 packs withing 20 miles here and has been here for at least 5 years, yet the elk herds keep getting larger and larger each year. There are way too many mountain lions around here also. For every one lion they know about, it is estimated that there are at least 7 more, and they know of a a lot of lions around here. Bears are everywhere, both the black bear and the grizzly. No shortage of them by no means.

Allure
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Allure, the purpose of using hunting as a method to control herd numbers is so this does not happen. This situation occurs when hunting is banned or not allowed. And the purpose of of hunting bears in NJ is because they are getting out of hand and coming into residentioal areas. Would you rather a child be mauled by one of those non starving bears? Bears are big and strong animals. they are master oportunists and know where the free meals are, and that is where people are. You can not compare bears to deer in a populated area of the east. That is like comparing apples to oranges. Also some of the best meat I have eaten has been from a spring bear. It wasout of this world delicious. The bear rug on my railing is one that was on my deck, she was a dumpster diver, habituated to humans and the taking of food handed out by humans, such as the lovely little bird feeder next to your deck. Is this what you want instead of having the numbers kept in check?
the bear population in NJ is not out of control as you state. Black bear attacks are very rare around here. Far more children are killed by their parents than by animals, are we going to start shooting people?
If people were educated as to how to reduce the likely hood of enticing them onto their property there would be even less of a problem here.
Maybe things are different where you are but i am speaking from my experiences in NJ.
I commend you for not wasting the animals you kill. as i said, i do not have a problem with hunters who eat the meat. I do have a problem with the justifications that the rest of them use to try to win public support for their SPORT. It's a fact that more people are injured by hunters in this state than by bear. If people don't want to live with the bear then they shouldn't build a mc mansion in bear habitat.
Believe it or not, there is a lot of undeveloped land in NJ, & last year, any bear that wandered into a town in this part of the state was relocated to wilderness area. End result, i did not read a single news story about a bear in the burbs here in central NJ this year. even though our hunt was cancelled.
I'm not saying hunting is never the solutions, it's just one of the solutions.

sildoc
11-21-2006, 10:02 PM
did you ever bother to ask why the predators couldn't keep the herd in check. Maybe it's because they were hunted to the brink of extinction by man.
Actually you are contradicting what I was posting. If you look it is a National park. NO Hunting allowed. No there were not enough predators there to keep them in check. However here in Oregon since they banned the ability to use dogs to hunt bear and cougar they are becoming the problem. The cougar population has exploded to near 10 times management level per zone. Bear are 2 x management level. Thus our deer and Elk herds are suffering also.
Our cougar are so high that they just authorized a GOVERNMENT hunter to control them. Now this is a waste of taxpayers money as if they would allow dogs again they could bring the cougars back into check.
I am not an advocate of shoot and dump hunting. A nice rack is just a bonus to the family outing, meat, and managing goals.

The family thing is what is is about. My grandfather which is 92 still musters up the gumption to get out with my father, my sons and my self. This is true for a majority of America. As they say a family who hunts together stays together.
Thus you also have to look at the economic factor. There are thousands of little towns that would not exist wern't it for hunting. Farming or ranching is just not enough to keep the town alive. That means less jobs.
If you look at how much the hunter or fisherman spends through out the year and think if it were banned all together what a slump America would be in.
For instance Salmon fishing either charter or river bring roughly $150 per fish. If you buy it you are looking at 40. that is alot of money being lost to communities and businesses.

sildoc
11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
And since the reintroduction of the wolf in 1995,
All ready here. Ranchers are going beserk because they are protected. If a wolf is attacking one of their cows they are unable to protect it as if caught shooting them they could be thrown in jail or fined very high.

Allure
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
And since the reintroduction of the wolf in 1995, they have failed to keep a check on the elk #s in Wyoming, Montana and Idaho. Do you have any idea as to how many wolves there are in these 3 states? If not, maybe you need to check it out. Bears are also their predator as are the mountain lion. Neither of the latter two have been hunted to the brink of extinction. I thionk you need to do a littel more research on hunting and predators and get a lttile knowledge on this. There is a lot of information on the web about all of this. To give you an idea as to the wolf population, there are 3 packs withing 20 miles here and has been here for at least 5 years, yet the elk herds keep getting larger and larger each year. There are way too many mountain lions around here also. For every one lion they know about, it is estimated that there are at least 7 more, and they know of a a lot of lions around here. Bears are everywhere, both the black bear and the grizzly. No shortage of them by no means.
I happen to have an obsession with wolves & i do no the #'s. did you know that they estimate 900,000 wolves once roamed the US. do you really think a few thousand (current estimate is about 4800 in the lower 48) is going to solve the problem in 5 years.
I can go on but lets just agree to disagree.

ECS
11-21-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree, 5 years is not long, but in those 5 years the moose population here has been destroyed and down to nothing now. I do agee that there is a need for the natural predator, but I also believe that they also have to be kept in check. This year while hunting I saw 3 wolves. I have seen 5 in the last 5 years, a black one, 2 gray ones and 2 brown ones. Although nice to see, they need to be controlled before it is too late.

kpyoung
11-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I don't usually get into discussions with people who are anti-hunting..my standard response to most people who tell me they don't understand why I hunt is "It's not important to me that you understand why I hunt". Hunting is a personal choice; not along the lines of abortion, religion or the death penalty but still a choice one person makes.

When people say they are against hunting, my thoughts are that when they quit eating beef, fish, eggs, chicken and get rid of all their leather goods including belts, shoes, coats and seats in their vehicles..then I might listen to them.

You can't win when you get into a discussion with an anti-hunter, you WILL NOT change their opinion just like someone WILL NOT change your opinion about the same subject.

BQLC
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree with everything you have said ECS,
It is kinda funny to me that some people think that all you have to do is buy a gun or a bow and go into the woods and just shoot somthing. For the record it is not that easy. I have set on a stand and not even seen a deer. I have also set there and watched them and not killed them. As stated in someones earlier post it is about being with friends and family. My father, grandfather, and uncle that i hunted with growing up have all past away but those memories i will have forever.
There is more to than the slaughter of animals.
In some parts of the country development has pushed the habitat back to the point that it will not support the herd some have to be harvested to prevent the disease from takeing over and wiping out the whole thing. It has to be kept in check.
Don't get me wrong I cannot stand the guy's who shoot at every living thing in the woods. These are the guys that end up shooting there buddy or some kid. A hunter should be ethical

BQLC
11-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't usually get into discussions with people who are anti-hunting..my standard response to most people who tell me they don't understand why I hunt is "It's not important to me that you understand why I hunt". Hunting is a personal choice; not along the lines of abortion, religion or the death penalty but still a choice one person makes.

When people say they are against hunting, my thoughts are that when they quit eating beef, fish, eggs, chicken and get rid of all their leather goods including belts, shoes, coats and seats in their vehicles..then I might listen to them.

You can't win when you get into a discussion with an anti-hunter, you WILL NOT change their opinion just like someone WILL NOT change your opinion about the same subject.
this is true

grassmanak
11-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Here is a few pics of mine

Nebraska Pheasent Opener
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/roosters.jpg

Nebrasaka Teal Opener
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/teal.jpg

Mixed Bag of ducks
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/james.jpg

DaddyRabbit
11-22-2006, 12:30 PM
If you want to feel violence and a real feeling of helplessness then just get married. :hammerhead:

[QUOTE=HenryB] I wrestled in college and did MMA afterwards for years. Yes, those are violent sports but it's hand to hand combat not flesh against rifle. QUOTE]

DaddyRabbit
11-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Gawd man, where does one sign up for an "Escort" Duck hunting trip w/those kind of results? :confused:

Here is a few pics of mine

Nebraska Pheasent Opener
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/roosters.jpg

Nebrasaka Teal Opener
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/teal.jpg

Mixed Bag of ducks
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/james.jpg

grassmanak
11-22-2006, 01:21 PM
we only hunt on public hunting grounds, all are within 2 hours of omaha as well.

upidstay
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Here in CT, we have a little problem called Lyme Disease. It is spreading slowly across the nation. Soon to be in a backyard near you!!. Nasty little disease, spread exclusively by Ixodes Scapularis, aka The Deer Tick. The nymphs feed on anything with red blood. But the adults feed exclusively on deer. They have done studies that show a direct link between the deer population and the deer tick population. Less, deer, less deer ticks, less sick people. They pose a direct threat to public health. Yet hunters are treated like criminals. I personally don't hunt. But the rest of you can shoot all of the deer you want. Give the meat to soup kitchens. Great protein source, low in fat!!

ECS
11-22-2006, 06:55 PM
BQLC, yeah it is easy. One year I hunted everyday for 37 days in a row. I was hiking 100 miles a week for over 5 weeks before I saw an elk. I ended up with a calf elk and meat for the winter. I had to pack that calf elk out on my back for 5 miles. Sure it was a claf, but a calf elk is bigger than most any deer would be and it was the best elk meat I have ever had. I have hunted equally as hard on other years and ended the season having tag soup for dinner. Yep, it is as easy as buying a rifle and going out and killing something. ;)

steve45
11-23-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't hunt, but I don't have a problem with those that do--IF they use the meat. I don't think trophy hunting is right.

I don't have much use for sitting in a blind all day in cold weather.

ECS
11-23-2006, 01:56 AM
What if they trophy hunt and use the meat? Is that OK?

GreginAlaska
11-23-2006, 02:41 AM
The Alaska Fish & Game is proving that "Trophy" hunting can actually be BETTER for the animal population under some circumstances. A number of years ago they changed the moose regulations (in most areas, not all) to where you had to shoot either a spike/fork horn OR a moose with a rack that is 50 inches or has at least 3 brow tines on one side. In some areas they have upped it to 4 brow tines. The moose population is on the rise. I'm not sure how this works out, I guess when you shoot the spike/fork you're getting rid of the ones that are dumb enough to stick their head out. When you kill the larger ones I guess you could be taking out the ones with genes that are going bad. I'm not really sure...but it is working.

lawnman_scott
11-23-2006, 09:42 AM
I dont hunt, never have and never will. But everything that ecs has said makes sence. Some people are so good intentioned and dont want to kill anyting, but dont understand starving out of control wild animals. The ones that live in rural areas and hunt (ecs,greg,lee...) are the ones who really know first hand about the real issues of hunting for the most part.

TriCountyLawn
11-23-2006, 10:55 AM
I would have to based on the post ECS has made. I would say he has very good hunting ethics. I think thats important and is somthing that has to be taught to others. I grew up waterfowl hunting big time and really got into it. I love shooting my bow at 3D targets.

Then i had read somthing about geese mating for life and such and just kinda ran out of time to hunt. However I didnt lose time to shoot. Hunting is something that im starting to kinda get and urge to go do again but I will probaly head down to the range try some new reloads in my .308 at 800 yards.

I suport hunters and hunting a like and I do feel it is important to the whole wild life situation.

firefightergw
11-25-2006, 03:34 AM
When I was a kid, I used to raise rabbits. My friends would come over and we would let a couple of them loose in the backyard. We would each grab a hammer and chase them around knocking them in the head for fun. :hammerhead:

RedWolf
11-25-2006, 04:38 AM
That last time i was hunting was about four years ago.Me and a good friend of mine where going for two big buck.I eat the meat and he uses the skins to make wallets and the hoofs for ash trays.Nothing gets wasted. Well as we make are way threw the woods we find a pack of wolves dead. we both got sick. Well we thought lets keep going. About 50 feet or so we find A mother wolf and her pups dead. the mother was shot and by the looks of the pups they had been beaten then burned alive.I just threw up.I just couldnt stand what I saw.Well these guys start coming after us shooting. Me and my buddy ran like hell him in front of me as i fired back with my 357 revolver at these guys.We made it to my truck and hauled ass and dam near took out a us foresty truck.I stoped and we told the guy what happen.Seems they have a problem with someone killing the wolves out there. We told him what we saw and what the guys looked like and got the hell outa there. After that day after seeing them pups I just couldnt go back and hunt again. I wish I could burn them motherfu**ers alive.To do that to a mother wolf and her pups just make me sick.

sildoc
11-25-2006, 06:01 PM
That last time i was hunting was about four years ago.Me and a good friend of mine where going for two big buck.I eat the meat and he uses the skins to make wallets and the hoofs for ash trays.Nothing gets wasted. Well as we make are way threw the woods we find a pack of wolves dead. we both got sick. Well we thought lets keep going. About 50 feet or so we find A mother wolf and her pups dead. the mother was shot and by the looks of the pups they had been beaten then burned alive.I just threw up.I just couldnt stand what I saw.Well these guys start coming after us shooting. Me and my buddy ran like hell him in front of me as i fired back with my 357 revolver at these guys.We made it to my truck and hauled ass and dam near took out a us foresty truck.I stoped and we told the guy what happen.Seems they have a problem with someone killing the wolves out there. We told him what we saw and what the guys looked like and got the hell outa there. After that day after seeing them pups I just couldnt go back and hunt again. I wish I could burn them motherfu**ers alive.To do that to a mother wolf and her pups just make me sick.

I wouldn't say that those were killed by hunters. To me it sounds like a cult of some sorts.

sunray
11-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Well said kpyoung!

GreginAlaska
11-26-2006, 02:06 AM

So did the police do anything about it?