PDA

View Full Version : Anyone other than myself observant enough to see a flaw on the Techo-Bloc catalog?

DVS Hardscaper
11-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Yep!

The 2006 Techo-Bloc catalog's cover job shows poor quality craftsmanship.

Has anyone else noticed this (on their own WITHOUT me creating this post)?

My small company has been in the paver business for 11 years (+). And we strive for quality, perfection, and CRAFTSMANSHIP.

So I do a sales presentation for a prosepective clients - and I have a large portfolio of our work and of the construction process showing what we do and why we do it.

LOL - But....I use the cover of the '06 Techo catalog to explain what we WILL NOT do!

Who here is aware of / or can find the flaw that I'm referring to?

STONE SCAPES
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
are you talking about the pavers sticking up over edge of stair caps.

STONE SCAPES
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
feel like i'm back in school with that question. lol

YardPro
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
there was a paverstone ad in the mags last year i posted on here.

it was a wall with steps built into it.... one of the worst jobs i have seen in quite a while.

cgland
11-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Andrew - If you think that is bad, check out the '06 EP Henry catalog. Some of the jobs in there are monstrosities.

Chris

Henry
11-23-2006, 12:27 PM
What about the edge of the walkway near the bottom of the photo? You could lose a child in those gaps.

DVS Hardscaper
11-23-2006, 09:14 PM
What about the edge of the walkway near the bottom of the photo? You could lose a child in those gaps.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! :weightlifter:

:hammerhead: Now I'm jus wonderin what kind of work everyone does, being that only one person picked that out.......

kootoomootoo
11-23-2006, 10:52 PM
is this a trick question ...i don't see any pic to critique.

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 11:01 PM
is this a trick question ...i don't see any pic to critique.

get yourself a Techo-Bloc catalog.

It's the soldier course, it was laid without trimming so on the curves of the walkway there are gaps (in the soldier course).

kootoomootoo
11-23-2006, 11:26 PM
get yourself a Techo-Bloc catalog.

It's the soldier course, it was laid without trimming so on the curves of the walkway there are gaps (in the soldier course).

i drive 6 hours to get one or you take 2 mins to scan one.
do the math.

DVS Hardscaper
11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
i drive 6 hours to get one or you take 2 mins to scan one.
do the math.

No. YOU do the math.

Someone spend "2 minutes to scan", or you take 1.43 minutes to phone Techo-Bloc and request they mail you a catalog.

do the math!!! :dancing:

Dreams To Designs
11-24-2006, 10:26 AM
DVS, that catalog's been out for almost a year, and you just noticed that. You must have too much time on your hands as the season has started to slow.

I have to agree, all the manufacturers should take a little more care in the photos they publish in their catalogs, but as I'm sure you are aware, they try to keep it fresh and promote their installers. Often times projects are not yet finished or the client, for whatever reason, has requested some oddity. But overall, I think the manufacturers put together good representations of their products for the general public to marvel at and wish for. It's up to high end installers and designers, to make it better than the examples.

Kirk

Grn Mtn
11-24-2006, 10:26 AM
you know I thought about scanning it then I looked at the pile of crap on top of the scanner and said nah. but ouch, your response was a little harsh.

so I go to techo's web site to see if I could snag that picture in question and I run across this one...

I'm sorry but those short little curves lawn side kill me.

kootoomootoo
11-24-2006, 10:41 AM
You gotta love the halfwits who post a thread did you see such and such and don't post a pic.
Then they expect you to call Techo Bloc a company most of us have never heard of at 11.00 pm on thanksgiving.
Guess you got in the wrong line when they handed out commonsense.

Do you see that big middle finger in my post or should I scan it for ya.

Grn Mtn
11-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I would assume this was a thread for those in the know, DVS was probably just posting to other hardscapers keen enough (anal) to rip into others (shoddy) hard work:laugh:

DVS Hardscaper
11-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Green Mountain - my response was no different than your initial response, and I even sugar-coated it with a smiley face to display jabbin back! Which is a step further than your initial response :)

This is text folks, text offers no expression or tone, which is why we use those geigh annimations!

Dreams to Designs - Obviously the catalog has been out for a year. I noticed it right off the bat. But, is there a policy that if we're going to make mention of something - we must do so within a certian period of time?????

kootoomootoo - This is a professional forum. I assumed that pro's that have the aformentioned product available in their area, would have a catalog. If one doesnt have the aforementioned manufacture available locally, then this thread would not apply to them. I was simply pointing out a mere observation, stating how I use the flaw in my sales presentation, and curious if anyone else picked up on it. Being that WE'RE all super duper craftsman - I assumed EVERYONE that uses the afrementioned product is/was fully aware of what I was referrin to!

Or could it be that this section of this message board is geared more for lawn jockeys that piddle around with a paver gig or 2???

Also, scanners are becoming a thing of the past. Just like fax machines. Please IM me, and I'll send you my shipping address and you can ship me a new scanner!! :drinkup:

Hope all's Thanksgiving was a good one!

DVS Hardscaper
11-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Green Mountain - my response was no different than your initial response, and I even sugar-coated it with a smiley face to display jabbin back! Which is a step further than your initial response :)

This is text folks, text offers no expression or tone, which is why we use those geigh annimations!

Dreams to Designs - Obviously the catalog has been out for a year. I noticed it shortly right off the bat. Say, is there a policy that if we're going to make mention of something - we must do so within a certian period of time?????

kootoomootoo - This is a professional forum

Kootoomootoo, please accept my apology as I assumed that pro's that have the aformentioned product available in their area, would have a catalog. If one doesnt have the aforementioned manufacture available locally, then this thread would not apply to them.

I was simply pointing out a mere observation, stating how I use the flaw in my sales presentation, and curious if anyone else picked up on it. Being that WE'RE ALL super duper craftsman - I was EVERYONE that uses the afromentioned product is/was fully aware of what I was referrin to! If you don't use the product than this thread could possibly be deemed moot for you?

Or could it be that this section of this message board is geared more for lawn jockeys that piddle around with a paver gig or 2 and really just need to know how much hto charge???

Further Also, thanks to advances in technology scanners are becoming a thing of the past. Just like fax machines. Please IM me, and I'll send you my shipping address and you can ship me a new scanner!! :drinkup:

I didnt mean to get anyone's girdle in a twist!

Hope all's Thanksgiving was a good one, and godbless.

neversatisfiedj
11-24-2006, 03:54 PM
DVS- how many bridges can you burn in one day LOL:rolleyes:

kootoomootoo
11-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I guess the calendar girls thread will only contain text now. I will have to use my imagination as I don't have the catalog. :waving:

I am an authorized contractor for the biggest local distributor. I also didn't spend $200 to buy a certificate from you know who. Techo Blok is only available in a very limited area per their website.

GIDDY UP

DVS Hardscaper
11-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Well guys, my initial post to this thread was rather clear in wording.

A few folks DID NOT read what I wrote! :)

Reading & comprehension are king!

At no point in my opening post was I offering to share the aforementioned observation!

My opening post is this:

"THe 2006 Techo-Bloc catalog's cover job shows poor quality craftsmanship.

Has anyone else noticed this (on their own WITHOUT me creating this post)?"

That, my friends, was designed for folks that are familiar with the catalog and whom have considerable knowledge of the content. :)

It was a yes or no question! And if the answer was/is yes, then I was anxious to see if anyone else / who else made the same observation.

So, hopefully next time, some of these gentlemen will READ and interpret before they run their lips!

Godbless reading and godbless shoddy craftsmanship shown in catalogs!

hoskm01
11-27-2006, 06:28 AM
In reference to the aforementioned posts regarding the aforementioned picture that was never included in this thread, who cares. Lets pretend that the aforementioned person who actually saw the aforementioned gaps didn't really see them, then DVS can feel like a big boy who really studied that EPHenry catalog like momma told him to before dinner time.

Aforementioned scanners are not a thing of the past, maybe they are for you.

If you are going to quiz an entire forum full of aforementioned landscapers/hardscapers/mow joes/ wanna be's on a product that is limited to only aforementioned parts of the country, include the picture, or maybe you could quiz your aforementioned family for that "I'm better than you cause I saw the gap" experience you are obviously looking for.

If the aforementioned catalog is so terrible, why do you sell the aforementioned product? Perhaps next year you could do the work for the aforementioned catalog.

Try not to use 10+ letter words numerous times in the same post. Putting down the aforementioned thesaurus will help with this.

Although I enjoy arguing occasionally on here, I thought the following picture fit for the conclusion of this tom-foolery.

http://www.mega.bz/rotfl/images/argue091204.jpg

Good-day

DVS Hardscaper
11-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Actually that picture is one of my favorite sayings! :) Good try Hoskmo1. It must be your lucky day, As I just happen to have some extra time this am where I can devote an entire post to you, my friend!

Again, the opening post of this thread is rather clear and concise.

And if we're turning this into personal insults, then I can't help but wonder that if one isn't able to read and interpret an internet message board post written in a 10th grade level - then I wonder how on earth can one write a binding contract for performing any of the work that this message board regards! Possessing beginner level reading and comprehension skills would surely help! I like to stay on-topic, so maybe this paragragh is better suited for a different thread?

And There's no "I'm better than you mentality", (other than the fact that some folks here can not read and comprehend). I happen to have a piece of advertising collateral that has a pic of something that does not appear to be of the best craftsmanship. And yes, others on another message board have pointed out the flaws! And they are 100% correct, and I applaud them for noticing it.

Techo is one of the better quality organizations. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, I give them an 8.6

But, on their nice catalog, which is one of the nicer catalogs on the market at the moment, on their front cover - they show a job that indeed has flaws! Typically, *cover models* are flawless!

I was simply curious if anyone else noticed previously (as stated in the opening post). If one submits a picture, then people notice, which in turn the answer would be "yes", and that wasn't the question. It's like putting on a dress and asking "do I look fat in this dress?" With that, one is going to look at the other with that train of thought. "Pre-influended" is the common term. And I did not and do not want to pre-influence anyone's opinions in regards to the flawed work.

Lets go further -
Back around September of this year - I saw a TV commercial for cold medicine. They use a home that has the front porch done in pavers. But there are obvious flaws with the paver installation. Has anyone seen this commercial and noticed the flawed work?

waltero
11-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Hopefully this will help out.

hoskm01
11-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I never mean to insult, just a little levity to the situation. Thank you for the discussion.