PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using BETTER Brand walk behinds?

ArkansasLawns
11-21-2006, 09:13 AM
What do you think about them?

Good Bad or Indifferent.

The cut?
The durability?

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-21-2006, 09:31 AM
They are great machines ! The compnay is growing in leaps and bounds and they provide superior customer service. You will not be disapointed with a purchase. The cut is like a pool table and durability seems to be top notch..its built like a tank, but its nice light and very agile.

jameson
11-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Great little machine - lot's o' bang for the buck - had a couple of belts go wonky on me this season - and the brake cable was a b*tch to replace - my Briggs 16hp ELS disintegrated on me - but it was taken care of promptly and under warranty - all in all - great mower - I would go w/the Sam.

Check out the pics on BOP's site - alot of them are of my crew using the machine - a pics worth a thousand words.

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-21-2006, 12:03 PM
The Sam is the way to go !!! Jameson ...How big an area do you use them on ?

jameson
11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
The Sam is the way to go !!! Jameson ...How big an area do you use them on ?

We had some of our older Toro 44" 's go down on us this season so the Quick had to cut some 30000 sq ft + lawns - w/the Step-saver it was short work.

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Cool ..That's about the max I have used it on as well. SO the step saver...does it slow the Sam down at all ?? I am only 180 lbs...How are the bumps and ruts ...and the good one backing up ...can you do it if needed ?

jameson
11-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Cool ..That's about the max I have used it on as well. SO the step saver...does it slow the Sam down at all ?? I am only 180 lbs...How are the bumps and ruts ...and the good one backing up ...can you do it if needed ?

I have the Briggs ELS 16hp - I am 6'1 220 and I can use it with no problems - bumps and ruts - just like any other w/b velke setup - and yes you can backup with it - we have the foward cable ramped up - so reverse is slow enough to manage with the Step-saver.

Here is a pic of one of my guys mowing a lawn w/step-saver - that had well over 6" of growth (son was supposed to be mowing lawn during the summer for money - it did not work out - he got his shiney new car anyhow :dizzy:).

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info !!