PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 handling

Hansen1784
11-21-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm using a Honda Commercial 21" mower right now and am thinking about moving up to a 36" mower. I was wondering how the Quick 36 handles compared to something like a 36" hydro Scag, which is a lot heaver but has controls for steering? Most of my lawns are fairly small, about 3,000 sq ft, if that makes a difference in what would work best. Also, I was thinking that the Super Fox might work better then the Samurai on the relatively small lawns I have, since the Fox is lighter. Any thoughts on that idea? Thanks.

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
It's a dream machine to handle. I have the Sam and highly recommend it. It comes down to choice ..The Sam costs a little more ,but you get KAW engine and electric start.

ed2hess
11-22-2006, 12:02 AM
On small yards the dual hydro is a LOT better than a single hydro, if the Quick is single. You provide all the torque to hold back one side on the turns. It isn't real bad but if you are doing 5 hours a day it adds up.

elshauno
11-30-2006, 03:45 PM
On small yards the dual hydro is a LOT better than a single hydro, if the Quick is single. You provide all the torque to hold back one side on the turns. It isn't real bad but if you are doing 5 hours a day it adds up.
Have you by chance used a Quick 36?

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Have you by chance used a Quick 36?

I used one all year long and its great on all applications up to about an acre...It is not hard at all to turn with a single hydro due to the fact that it weighs about 300 lbs....most Wb's are 600+...

CELawn
11-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I have a Super Duty and my wife (5'6" 120lbs. - she'd kill me if she knew I posted that) used it for about an hour yesterday with no difficulty whatsoever. It's real easy to maneuver.