PDA

View Full Version : Marketing

scobie109
11-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I have been doing cold sales for the past 2 years and has been working out great. But i want to dominate condominiums for turf maintenance. How can i go about getting in touch with the property management and or board od associations . it seem all i get is thge gate keeper.
Thanks MAtt

Team-Green L&L
11-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Condos are easy to get into, but they are the worst PITAs there are. Get with your local HBA and you'll nab yourself a couple condo developments. Good luck!

MJK
11-23-2006, 09:19 PM
What are PITAs and your local HBA? I'm not familar with those terms.

Team-Green L&L
11-23-2006, 10:19 PM
What are PITAs and your local HBA? I'm not familar with those terms.

A PITA is short for "pain in the ..." and HBA is the Home Builder's Association. You may be out of your league until you do a little research, but you have until January to get bids into them because they wait until the last minute.

Josh.S
11-23-2006, 11:23 PM
A PITA is short for "pain in the ..." and HBA is the Home Builder's Association. You may be out of your league until you do a little research, but you have until January to get bids into them because they wait until the last minute.

How do I found out about the HBA's... do they have websites or what?

UpNorth
11-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Here's my opinion on why condos, townhouses etc are a PITA...

I don't mow so... there are so many homes and people looking at the lawn that if one of the homeowners calls the association to complain, and the association calls you, you are not going back to a 1/2 acre lot to do a free service call, you are now expected to touch up, re-srpay, etc the entire place. I know, do it right the first time, yada.. yada.. yada..., but I think you know what I mean.

Team-Green L&L
11-24-2006, 11:02 AM
How do I found out about the HBA's... do they have websites or what?

Most HBA's won't deal with a non-member. They do have websites and local offices. You can stop by the model home at any development and get the info on their HBA.

It is fairly easy to join an HBA if all your ducks are in a row and it is definitely very profitable. This is where all the home builders find their new install landscapers.

Matt k
11-25-2006, 01:09 PM
If you do some research at your local courthouse you can find the name and contact info for a Incorporated Home owner association. It is public information and is accesable with a little work. You may need to pay a small fee for the info, and once you do, start sending them info until they are sick of seeing it and they will get you in the process. You may not get the work right away, but you will have the contact info and you can cultivate a relationship with them.

topsites
11-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I'll take on anything commercial so long I can speak to the owner.

Associations apparently lack this slightly important feature :laugh:

Matt k
11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
I'll take on anything commercial so long I can speak to the owner.

Associations apparently lack this slightly important feature :laugh:

If your only going to take on commercial that you talk to the owner, good luck, I do about a significant volume in commercial maintenance and I would say that we are able to talk to about 10% of the owners. The remaining are all managers and/or boards.

Josh.S
11-27-2006, 11:02 PM
If your only going to take on commercial that you talk to the owner, good luck, I do about a significant volume in commercial maintenance and I would say that we are able to talk to about 10% of the owners. The remaining are all managers and/or boards.

Ditto.. mostly ground managers and matenience people..