PDA

View Full Version : looking at 60" mowers

Spinedoc
06-21-2001, 06:35 PM
Anyone who has owned a few different makes of mowers or anyone who is unbiased: can you give me some advice on what makes are the most dependable and need the least repairs. Like who makes the most dependable 60" on the market.

Gary

mdb landscaping
06-21-2001, 07:11 PM
okay, ill start it off. i see you have five posts so you must be new. there is a search button on the top of the page. typ in 60 inch or ztr. you will get hundreds of threads. also try typing in scag, exmark, bunton, bobcat or gravely. that will bring up some more threads on the best ztr.

Eric ELM
06-21-2001, 08:57 PM
I've had a few also in the past 16 years, but I have found that Dixie Chopper has been great for longevity. I have one with 3,460 hours on it and in the past 12 months, I have only had to replace a couple belts. This is a main mower that is out mowing every day. It has been more reliable in the past 12 months even with all these hours on it, than some new mowers of other brands I've had were in the first month. Some ask me why I keep a mower so long. If it is making me money and not nickle and dimeing me, I just keep using them. It has made me a lot of money in that many hours. :)

Spinedoc
06-23-2001, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by mdb landscaping
okay, ill start it off. i see you have five posts so you must be new. there is a search button on the top of the page. typ in 60 inch or ztr. you will get hundreds of threads. also try typing in scag, exmark, bunton, bobcat or gravely. that will bring up some more threads on the best ztr.

Thanks, and I did try that first. I could not find anything on reliability, maybe I should have searched a different word.
A tip for you....you can't search "60", whatever you search has to be a string atleast 3 letters long.

Eric ELM
06-23-2001, 10:09 AM
Here is a search on Longevity that has lots of threads. I think this might help you.
http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=8167&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

This thread here is a good one to read, the 2000 hour club.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=14537

tpirobert
06-23-2001, 10:25 PM
I have a 52" Toro Z that is about 4 yrs old and has held up very well. For past year I have run 61" Wright Stander as primary full time mower. I have replaced one deck belt and feel it is well built and holding up just fine. I would reccomend looking at the stand-on models as well as sit down Z's.

Spinedoc
06-25-2001, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your time and input.
Gary

SMB
06-25-2001, 11:12 PM
Don't forget the 60" Textron Bob-Cats! They're very well built, and cost about $2000 less than a Dixie or Scag.