PDA

View Full Version : November and sitll mowing

lawncare18
11-22-2006, 06:12 PM
I am still dong cleanups and last mows... this is late for my area cny.. And I see a ton of landscapers outtoday doing brick work and still mowing and cleaning up!!! Its 3rd week of november I love this weather!!! Anyone else sitll keeping busy.. if there is money to be made ill keep doing cleanups!!!

lawnjockey56
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
still mowing 80 percent of my yards weekely-just starting to turn some into bi-weekly, granted im in central florida

W.L.S.27
11-22-2006, 06:24 PM
We're still workin' hard here in Illinois. Just about ready to finish up for the season. We did the last of our cleanups today; We've got one major forest/tree/cleanup job scheduled for Friday of this week. After that we'll start gearin' up for some snow.

lawncare18
11-22-2006, 06:46 PM
snow??? I am wondering if and when we are gona get some.. last year i was plowing today.. hey ill take the nice weather.. im not a huge fan of winter myself!!!

dfor
11-22-2006, 07:09 PM
I did what I thought was going to be the final clean-up on a lawn about 10 days ago and parts of the lawn could use a cutting. That is just one, but a few others are the same.

RedMax Man
11-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Yep, We're still keeping busy. Mostly fall cleanups now... just trying to bang out as many properties as possible every day. Hopefully all the clients properties will be finished up for the season soon. Gotta start gearing up for the snow but can't complaine about the weather.

1MajorTom
11-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I did what I thought was going to be the final clean-up on a lawn about 10 days ago and parts of the lawn could use a cutting. That is just one, but a few others are the same.
yep, same thing with us. thought we would be finished up sooner, but go by the accounts again and they need another final cut and clean. this november has turned out to be a really good one.

Roger
11-22-2006, 07:52 PM
We have a few jobs left. However, we got all our "good" ones finished before the holiday. If we have another good Friday and Saturday, like yesterday and today, (sunny, temps 45 or so) we should finish by end of the week. Or maybe not, ... a lady came to speak with me late this afternoon. She lives across the street from where we were working and wants all her beds cleaned out, only about 2 hours worth of work. And, if history repeats itself, there will still be some more "late comers."

We still have several trimming jobs awaiting, so will get to work on them right away. Sometimes the weather has turned bad right after Thanksgiving, and essentially, all work is done for the season. The trim work will only need 4-5 days.

Then, ... the dreaded down-time for Winter. I am really unhappy about nearly being finished. I know, I know, ... some really look forward to the down-time, but not me.

Josh.S
11-22-2006, 08:04 PM
We have a few jobs left. However, we got all our "good" ones finished before the holiday. If we have another good Friday and Saturday, like yesterday and today, (sunny, temps 45 or so) we should finish by end of the week. Or maybe not, ... a lady came to speak with me late this afternoon. She lives across the street from where we were working and wants all her beds cleaned out, only about 2 hours worth of work. And, if history repeats itself, there will still be some more "late comers."

We still have several trimming jobs awaiting, so will get to work on them right away. Sometimes the weather has turned bad right after Thanksgiving, and essentially, all work is done for the season. The trim work will only need 4-5 days.

Then, ... the dreaded down-time for Winter. I am really unhappy about nearly being finished. I know, I know, ... some really look forward to the down-time, but not me.

I hate downtime also... about as bad as I hate christmas :laugh: ..

Sometimes downtime is nice though because I would like to repaint my trailer and the wood on it... but besides that it sucks..

justanotherlawnguy
11-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Been mowing every other week since Early October, In fact many customers are going to every 3 weeks now. I think I will end up working a total of 12 days for November....Love it

Been going on 1/2 a tank in my 48 lazer hp since 1 month ago.
Been going on 1/2 a tank in my 60 lazer z since 1 month ago.

I love only filling up the truck once a week and the equipment hardly ever. At least I get about 4 months of having a low gas bill....

ozd12005
11-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Mowing is just about done here, picked up some leaf clenups that I'll do next week and then get geared up for the snow (if we have any)

RICHIE K
11-23-2006, 06:36 AM
were still mowing a few