PDA

View Full Version : My thumbs hurt

Dirty Water
11-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I nozzled and adjusted 96 PGP's today.

You would think they would make a tool or something for it, my thumbs are killing me right now.

SprinklerGuy
11-23-2006, 12:54 AM
If they were I20s with flowstop or whatever they call it.....maybe they wouldn't hurt as much.

;)

Dirty Water
11-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Are you talking about the act of pulling up the heads? My pain is from pushing the PGP nozzles in with my thumbs, they don't always slide in nice. Shutting off the water wouldn't help that.

I'm smiling picturing you nozzleing up PGP's with the water on, we did that to a new guy this year, told him thats how it had to be done, It was pretty funny for a few minutes.

The I-20 nozzles are a better shape and are much easier to go in, since they aren't round you don't have to be careful to get them in perfectly aligned.

However, there is nothing that really justifies using the I-20's exclusively to me.

PurpHaze
11-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Hunter makes a tool to set I-40 nozzles because of their round shape and close tolerances but I don't know if it works on PGPs. The I-20s' somewhat oval shape squared off at the top is definately easier to install.

Wet_Boots
11-23-2006, 12:25 PM
No puppy butter or duck snot? You could always chew some slippery elm and give those nozzles the spitball treatment.