PDA

View Full Version : high grass

BOBCAT36
06-21-2001, 10:24 PM
How many of you guys in the south the cut burmuda grass, charge extra when the grass reaches 6 or more inches. This week as been my worst every yard was at least 6 inches or better mulching at this at is not and option.

Fine Lines Lawn
06-21-2001, 10:28 PM
I wouldn't charge extra unless it was the customer's fault that the grass was high, and bad weather does not qualify as fault of the customer.
It's a spring thing. The grass and the people relax a bit later in the season :)

Fantasy Lawns
06-21-2001, 10:42 PM
I'll second that .....if your cutting weekly at about 4" (or lower if possible) ....should not be an issue but if they are saying cut every 10 or 14 ....yep I'd charge more ;->

KirbysLawn
06-21-2001, 10:50 PM
I'll tread lightly so I don't start another debate, but 6" Bermuda! I stated before, mow it short, often, and as needed. If they are not willing or you do not have the correct equipment let them go and move on.

Ray

ChadsLawn
06-21-2001, 11:25 PM
i have a yard with i guess bermuda..i have to cut it 2 to 3 times...it grows so fast during the summer..(watering 1 day a week permitted)..even in our winter minths i cut it everyweek..its the house in the background on my website..

Fantasy Lawns
06-21-2001, 11:38 PM
kirby's on target about the right equipment (reel mower) ..... we have a small 21" for small premium lots ....cut 2-3 times weekly n they better pay

but down this way all most ALL the building contractors use bermuda on large common grounds areas ....retention ponds .....strips along road ways ....n none of em are flat ....everything is sod thrown ....n not very even ....so we have to use rotary mowers ....n have to cut higher as the quaility of cut is not that of a reel ;->