PDA

View Full Version : New Walker 2007

David Grass
11-23-2006, 07:12 AM
The specs on the New Walker "to be announced in 2007" is 10 mph on an MB with 27 hp, and 60 inch Deck. It will have 22 inch tires (Walkers have 18 inch now). This could be one of the best machines for Hills if the increase in tire size does not play much with the center of gravity. A lot of folks dont realize that a SD walker with a deck size of at least 52 is better on hills than any Z, because most buy Walkers to use with a 48 or less deck (ie, to bag). For those of us in the mountains, or hilly country, this may be the best thing for us next to a WB. Lets hope so, like I said, only the increase in tire size worries me, but it may actually have a wider stance to offset this. Thoughts?

John Gamba
11-23-2006, 07:58 AM
The specs on the New Walker "to be announced in 2007" is 10 mph on an MB with 27 hp, and 60 inch Deck. It will have 22 inch tires (Walkers have 18 inch now). This could be one of the best machines for Hills if the increase in tire size does not play much with the center of gravity. A lot of folks dont realize that a SD walker with a deck size of at least 52 is better on hills than any Z, because most buy Walkers to use with a 48 or less deck (ie, to bag). For those of us in the mountains, or hilly country, this may be the best thing for us next to a WB. Lets hope so, like I said, only the increase in tire size worries me, but it may actually have a wider stance to offset this. Thoughts?

Where did you hear this. is the 60" deck a side discharge or bagger???

David Grass
11-23-2006, 08:03 AM
The MB model is side discharge only, and I read the specs at a dealer. He said Walker is expecting them out "sometime" in 2007.

John Gamba
11-23-2006, 08:05 AM

The mb is the sd model. is the 60" deck going to be deeper with a faster blade speed?????

This mower would be great with more hp and a faster cutting deck.

John Gamba
11-23-2006, 08:06 AM
The MB model is side discharge only, and I read the specs at a dealer. He said Walker is expecting them out "sometime" in 2007.

What about the deck????????? did they do anything to it???????

John Gamba
11-23-2006, 09:27 AM
David Stop eating turkey:) Is this a new deck since they only have the 62" out now?????

John

gene gls
11-23-2006, 11:02 AM
My dealer said there will be several changes for next year. Got dizzy just listening. I'll wait to see what takes place. Time to get rid of my diesel Walker.

John Gamba
11-23-2006, 11:09 AM
My dealer said there will be several changes for next year. Got dizzy just listening. I'll wait to see what takes place. Time to get rid of my diesel Walker.

Gene
What about the deck????? Happy Thanksgiving.

John

zero_turn_mowers
11-23-2006, 05:30 PM
Walker has a bigger blower and 52 inch bagging deck coming out in '07

Tim

John Gamba
11-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Walker has a bigger blower and 52 inch bagging deck coming out in '07

Tim

Sounds good:)

Jason Rose
11-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh man, I was already excited about the bigger blower... but now a 52" bagging deck! wow... I may own another Walker!

I too have heard that the 52" decks make the walker a hill machine...

I think they are smart getting into the larger ares Z market. Too many Walker fans have to turn to other brands for their large properties.

gene gls
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh man, I was already excited about the bigger blower... but now a 52" bagging deck! wow... I may own another Walker!

I too have heard that the 52" decks make the walker a hill machine...

I think they are smart getting into the larger ares Z market. Too many Walker fans have to turn to other brands for their large properties.

The new blowers can be retrofitted into the old machines. I will getting one soon in my 20 hp gas unit.

My 62" deck makes the Walker feel like a completly different machine as compared to the 48" deck.

I also found out the other day that the gas and diesel units are not created equeal in PTO speed. I always thought that the gear box in the diesel had different gears to have the same PTO speed as the gas unit. I have always run my Buffalo Turbine blower on the diesel unit. Well the diesel wouldn't start so I switched to the gas unit and what a differance. Now I know why the 62" deck always cut better on the gas unit.

John Gamba
11-24-2006, 05:50 AM
I also found out the other day that the gas and diesel units are not created equeal in PTO speed. I always thought that the gear box in the diesel had different gears to have the same PTO speed as the gas unit. I have always run my Buffalo Turbine blower on the diesel unit. Well the diesel wouldn't start so I switched to the gas unit and what a differance. Now I know why the 62" deck always cut better on the gas unit.

Why Gene???

David Grass
11-24-2006, 10:18 AM
sorry was away for a day, the 60 would have to be a new design, coming out when the MB 27 comes out I presume. The 52 bagger is NOT PROMISED for 2007, so lets be careful about throwing rumors out. I think the 52 is in R and D and may be there for all of 2007, who knows. The bigger fan is already out, and apparently is so powerful, they are having to figure out how to keep the back lid from blowing open (the flap that is). The MB 27/60 is NOT a rumor, as your Walker dealer should actually have it in his/her literature soon if not already. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

ed2hess
11-24-2006, 06:25 PM
sorry was away for a day, the 60 would have to be a new design, coming out when the MB 27 comes out I presume. The 52 bagger is NOT PROMISED for 2007, so lets be careful about throwing rumors out. I think the 52 is in R and D and may be there for all of 2007, who knows. The bigger fan is already out, and apparently is so powerful, they are having to figure out how to keep the back lid from blowing open (the flap that is). The MB 27/60 is NOT a rumor, as your Walker dealer should actually have it in his/her literature soon if not already. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Any guess on what that blower will cost?

gene gls
11-24-2006, 09:08 PM
Why Gene???

The diesel engin turns at 3200 RPM and the gas turns at 3600 RPM.

gene gls
11-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Any guess on what that blower will cost?

$500.00+ with the kit to fit my old machine.

John Gamba
11-25-2006, 05:47 AM
The diesel engin turns at 3200 RPM and the gas turns at 3600 RPM.

Thanks Gene. thats what i thought:)

John Gamba
11-25-2006, 05:50 AM

Thanks david:waving: i love good news. A great Christmas would be a deeeeeeeep High speed 60" deck for the MB 27:clapping: :clapping: :waving:

DixieFerris
11-25-2006, 06:51 AM
Walker has been getting killed in the market for the past five years. No one can make money going 4-5MPH and having to bag everything is insane. The controls are slow and needed and overhaul. I know they cut very well, but so do many other machines. Our Honda push mowers go faster!

davidcalhoun
11-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Gene,

Does the diesel Walker have a different size pulley sleeve delivering power to the PTO to make up for the slower engine RPMs (VS gas RPMs)?

NAT
11-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Has any tried the 31horse walker yet seems to be pretty powerful ,i would the 48,52 mulching deck would nice .but 13,000 it will faster.as far as a 60 deck i will stick my dixie at 13mph.i have a dealer down the street.boy the 26 powered ones seem to have a lot problems.

grassaholic
11-25-2006, 02:10 PM
The 27hp Model MB may or may not be out in 2007. I'm a Walker dealer in Cincinnati and have heard that if the unit does come out in 2007, it will be in limited numbers. I am really excited to see that Walker is coming out with somthing to compete with the Exmark lazer z's. It is very true that a Walker in the Side Discharge version, without the heavy bagger on the back, will cut hillsides better than any mid mount zero turn on the market. This new 27HP Model MB should be the answer to the guys who could care less about bagging but want a fast mower that climbs hills like no other.
As far as the door blowing open on the grass catcher due to the increased blower size, that is not true. I have a 31hp demo with the larger blower that does not have that issue and it uses the same gas shocks as the previous versions to hold the door shut. The performance of the new machine is awsome. It is really hard to clog and doesn't run at 4 to 5 mph. The new GHS units run at 7.5 MPH and have no problems collecting grass at that speed. If the unit went much faster the deck would need extra weight to keep it from bouncing. I will be attending the dealers meeting in Colorado Dec.7th and will get to see the new model MB in person and will know more then!

John Gamba
11-25-2006, 02:19 PM
The 27hp Model MB may or may not be out in 2007. I'm a Walker dealer in Cincinnati and have heard that if the unit does come out in 2007, it will be in limited numbers. I am really excited to see that Walker is coming out with somthing to compete with the Exmark lazer z's. It is very true that a Walker in the Side Discharge version, without the heavy bagger on the back, will cut hillsides better than any mid mount zero turn on the market. This new 27HP Model MB should be the answer to the guys who could care less about bagging but want a fast mower that climbs hills like no other.
As far as the door blowing open on the grass catcher due to the increased blower size, that is not true. I have a 31hp demo with the larger blower that does not have that issue and it uses the same gas shocks as the previous versions to hold the door shut. The performance of the new machine is awsome. It is really hard to clog and doesn't run at 4 to 5 mph. The new GHS units run at 7.5 MPH and have no problems collecting grass at that speed. If the unit went much faster the deck would need extra weight to keep it from bouncing. I will be attending the dealers meeting in Colorado Dec.7th and will get to see the new model MB in person and will know more then!

I dont care if it can clime a house, if its not a deep deck with a high blade speed, its worthless to me in the north east.

Can you get a measurement for me with the 60" deck and mower together front to back???

grassaholic
11-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I can get any measurement you want when I go out to Colorado in Dec. One thing you can do on the current 52" and 62" decks to gain more discharge "power" is run double blades. Walker makes a piece that holds 2 blades perpendicular to each other for their mulching kit. I decided to use this piece with 2 high lift blades and it worked much better than the standard setup.

John Gamba
11-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I can get any measurement you want when I go out to Colorado in Dec. One thing you can do on the current 52" and 62" decks to gain more discharge "power" is run double blades. Walker makes a piece that holds 2 blades perpendicular to each other for their mulching kit. I decided to use this piece with 2 high lift blades and it worked much better than the standard setup.

I have run doubles since 2002 on my lazer eps's. I'm looking at the mb and the only decks are gear drive and up to 56".

Please ask them how deep the 60" deck is and how fast or what is the blade speed. Thank you!

John

gene gls
11-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Gene,

Does the diesel Walker have a different size pulley sleeve delivering power to the PTO to make up for the slower engine RPMs (VS gas RPMs)?

No....My diesel is a 1997. Maybe the newer units have something. I will go over this issue with my dealer this week. You take an AG tractor, the PTO turns at 540 RPM no matter what engin is in the tractor.

Envy Lawn Service
11-25-2006, 08:43 PM
This is all sounding good!

Myself, I'm wondering if the 60" will be a timed one like the 54" and straight across or if it will be like the 52"?

walker/redmax
11-26-2006, 01:49 AM
10mph on a walker seems a bit scary to me. Where did you hear that?:usflag:

John Gamba
11-26-2006, 06:23 AM
This is all sounding good!

Myself, I'm wondering if the 60" will be a timed one like the 54" and straight across or if it will be like the 52"?

This is what i'm thinking. I just hope the deck is deep and the balde speed up there.

Exmark showed the word what 16500 is like around here.

NAT
11-26-2006, 06:49 AM
as far as a deep deck the navagator has a deep deck,even the scag front bagger has a deep deck .anybody have either.and price seem a little better.

John Gamba
11-26-2006, 06:54 AM
as far as a deep deck the navagator has a deep deck,even the scag front bagger has a deep deck .anybody have either.and price seem a little better.

I'm talking about the s/d deck.

John Gamba
11-26-2006, 06:55 AM
This is what i'm thinking. I just hope the deck is deep and the balde speed up there.

Exmark showed the word what 16500 is like around here.

Correction -- Thats Blade speed and the World. Thank you.

David Grass
11-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Blade speed and Deck design is a strange voodoo combination. I personally use the 52 side discharge in heavy wet grass with lower blade speed than my Hustler, and it cuts BETTER. I dont know why. It just does. You just have to DEMO the decks, specs mean absolutley NOTHING (or very little) AGAIN. TRY IT OUT. Those of you who are reading specs for blade speed, should quit, and get out there and actually try the units out.

John Gamba
11-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Blade speed and Deck design is a strange voodoo combination. I personally use the 52 side discharge in heavy wet grass with lower blade speed than my Hustler, and it cuts BETTER. I dont know why. It just does. You just have to DEMO the decks, specs mean absolutley NOTHING (or very little) AGAIN. TRY IT OUT. Those of you who are reading specs for blade speed, should quit, and get out there and actually try the units out.

With the slower blades speed the wet grass is not slammed up into the deck where it will stick, the more open decks do it with air flow but will send out long clipping of grass.

I need a fast blade speed for the type's of grass i cut. Slow blade speed here is a slow mower but the weeds are cut and tall thin grass is cut too, the faster blade speed is a faster mower here but you will leave some weeds and you will leave some tall thin grass too.

I'll stick to my spec sheet -- look what happened to the Triton last season with the 16500:cry: here in Connecticut:nono:

One more thing, the deeper decks here cut deeper grass better too.

dave k
11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
David Grass, Do you cut Bermuda up in Ashville? I have a 20 HP Walker with GHS and would like a side discharge deck that cuts Bermuda well, I want a Z but if I knew a deck that cuts just as good as my 42" GHS deck I would go for it, One problem I hate about Walkers is when on a slope even a small one using my mulching deck, one wheel spins and the other is hard to get it going, than you have to turn it so you are going in the other direction, ticks me off, I to would like a deeper deck, in fact I wish Walker would get into the Z market, its never to late.

David Grass
11-26-2006, 05:48 PM
very little, just mixed Bermuda. Again, I would see if I could Demo a 52 SD and see how it does on it, or heck, even the 60 when it comes out in 2007.

mowin at the lake
11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
On the new 52" GHS deck the blades run backwards from the current deck.
I might have a picture from the expo where they had the large deck and ghs blower.

Kane

Willofalltrades
11-26-2006, 10:09 PM
Walker will produce 100 Super Bs this comming season. My dealer/ distributor will only get a few. Just for R and D. The machine will have a new deck different than the other 62". I'm not sure as to the depth or blade tip speed but I doubt they will pull a Triton on you John. Expect a 5.5" deck that way if they do make it 6 or 6.5 you have something to get excited about. lol

The 52" deck is a totally new design. The blower/ deck combo was so powerful they reversed the blades. The new machines with the 52" deck will enable you to get a Walker cut at 7 mph.
Remember that Walker never copies another company, expect this new SD machine to be unique and fill a section of the market that isn't being covered. I don't see it competing with a Mid Mount Z (MMZ) as far as straight out mowing, yet the machine will perform better than a MMZ in other aspects. When I see one this spring I will start a thread for ya John.

John Gamba
11-27-2006, 05:34 AM
[QUOTE=Willofalltrades]Walker will produce 100 Super Bs this comming season. My dealer/ distributor will only get a few. Just for R and D. The machine will have a new deck different than the other 62". I'm not sure as to the depth or blade tip speed but I doubt they will pull a Triton on you John. Expect a 5.5" deck that way if they do make it 6 or 6.5 you have something to get excited about. lol

QUOTE]

Ive screamed many times to them about a higher blade speed and deeper deck, i hope they do it.

John Gamba
11-27-2006, 05:39 AM
Remember that Walker never copies another company, expect this new SD machine to be unique and fill a section of the market that isn't being covered. I don't see it competing with a Mid Mount Z (MMZ) as far as straight out mowing, yet the machine will perform better than a MMZ in other aspects. When I see one this spring I will start a thread for ya John.

There's nothing like a out- front mower that is short but tall on deck depth and blade speed. I love how an out - front deck cuts and gets under things and how easy it is to clean the deck with it tilted up.

I do have a dealer just down the road. I'll see what they say.

Thank's:waving:

Strongmd
11-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Buffalo Turbine Blower for Walker, someone posted that they have one. Would it be possible for you to post a video of it in action?

More powerful blower? Are you referring to the fan under the seat? Is this available now? How is it more powerful?

Reversed blades on new deck? I'm totally confused on this one. Was that a joke? I can't see how reversing the grass flow could possibly work to get it in the plastic chute. To much change of direction, no? I'm a little slow on the uptake, so bear with me.

gene gls
11-28-2006, 05:57 AM
Buffalo Turbine Blower for Walker, someone posted that they have one. Would it be possible for you to post a video of it in action?

More powerful blower? Are you referring to the fan under the seat? Is this available now? How is it more powerful?

Reversed blades on new deck? I'm totally confused on this one. Was that a joke? I can't see how reversing the grass flow could possibly work to get it in the plastic chute. To much change of direction, no? I'm a little slow on the uptake, so bear with me.

#1, I belive the Buffalo Turbine Blower is the most powerful blower for its size made for the lawn industry. I have one and it has made my life much easyer.

#2, The new blower for the GHS collection system is 1/2" bigger in diameter and I belive is also a little deeper to handle more volum of material flow.

#3, Wait and see what the new design is when it comes out. Walker has a lot of changes comming out for 2007.

Envy Lawn Service
11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
#3, Wait and see what the new design is when it comes out. Walker has a lot of changes comming out for 2007.

Nothing like a little worthy competition to get them off their 'laurels' aye? :usflag:

John Gamba
11-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Nothing like a little worthy competition to get them off their 'laurels' aye? :usflag:

Thats what i thought lololol

edward hedrick
01-13-2007, 04:44 PM
John: I looked at the Mb in latest Literature on line, They changed the clutch

from electro/magnetic to mechanical. They moved the gas tank to the left

side. This puts PTO in the same place as a GHS. Ed

HydroCutter
01-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Who is going to sell their old Walker to get an 07? Let me know if you are close to NJ

John Gamba
01-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks ed:waving: I;m going to take a look. Happy new Year!!!

John Gamba
01-13-2007, 05:12 PM

The tractor only weighs 551 pounds:) I think i'm in love:laugh:

corey1977
01-13-2007, 05:58 PM
that is good news that walker is coming out with some new products I emailed 2 walker dealars to get prices on the mb that is now because I have pick up a cemetery mowing job and want a good machine to do the job where I work full time I have been running walker mcs for 6 years I love them but the price came to 11000.00 with tax for a mc 18 horse with a 48 inch ghs deck with a extra 56 inch sd deck I think 6200.00 is not a bad price for the mb walker with a 56 deck take care of it should last 10 years

gene gls
01-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Who is going to sell their old Walker to get an 07? Let me know if you are close to NJ

I have one for sale.

gene gls
01-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I would like to see a 20 HP in the MB and a higher blade tip speed than 16,500. It is only rated as Light Commerical. I will demo one when the grass gets growing good.

corey1977
01-13-2007, 09:05 PM
hay gean I love walker but I feel them and jd are going out price them selfs in the future:hammerhead:

Envy Lawn Service
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
hay gean I love walker but I feel them and jd are going out price them selfs in the future:hammerhead:

Some of these companies are in REAL DANGER of this now and in the near future I'm afraid.

Jason Rose
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Some of these companies are in REAL DANGER of this now and in the near future I'm afraid.

Better than the opposite fate... Pricing too low and ending up going bankrupt or selling out to Husqvarna or MTD. Too many great manufacturers lost faith in themselves and decided to play the lowballer game and LOST. I'd rather see good companies like Walker and John Deere charge a little more than others and have the engineers to back up the reason for the higher prices. A machine that will last 4 to 5 thousand hours rather than something that is trash after 1 to 2 thousand.

corey1977
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I was just thinking envy we all will have to start buying ztrs at home depot lowes and sears to show the big companines we are going to pay there prices as it stands now you could buy 3 home depot ztrs for the price of a deere of walker one breaks down use one of the spare ones lol

John Gamba
01-14-2007, 07:47 AM
I was just thinking envy we all will have to start buying ztrs at home depot lowes and sears to show the big companines we are going to pay there prices as it stands now you could buy 3 home depot ztrs for the price of a deere of walker one breaks down use one of the spare ones lol

The company's that make home owner units are showing us there loyalty by selling to are customers. If we boycotted theses company's there will be more work.

gene gls
01-14-2007, 11:30 AM
The company's that make home owner units are showing us there loyalty by selling to are customers. If we boycotted theses company's there will be more work.

And, how many major mfg's are there that " don't " make small units that are geared for the home owner. A lot of the small units use the same parts as the commerical units. The home owner is getting the better deal.

John Gamba
01-14-2007, 11:37 AM
And, how many major mfg's are there that " don't " make small units that are geared for the home owner. A lot of the small units use the same parts as the commerical units. The home owner is getting the better deal.

Very true gene.

Envy Lawn Service
01-14-2007, 12:47 PM

Actually, just to tell the truth about it... a lot of the other outfits here use this mentality for their mowing equipment. And just to be honest about it... they are implementing it successfully.

The biggest outfit around here has done it successfully for years. The majority of his fleet consists of older John Deere LT & LX lawn tractors. He developed it early on. I remember those days too. There were not ZTR's or wide area walks. If you wanted commercial grade you bought something like Kubota or Deere frontmount tractors, or sub-compact tractors, or something like the very high end Kubota or Deere L&G tractors like Deere 455D or Kubota G2160... stuff like that.

Frontmower tractors were becoming the 'in-thing' but my lord they were expensive, and given our area... they could really only serve us as purpose-built mowers.

Yeah, he has some 72" front mowers for big areas and stuff. But for the money, have you ever thought about how many hydro John Deere LT's you can buy for the cost of one front mower? Well that's just what he did... and he bought a bunch of little deere's ranging from 38" to 54" in smaller units, then very few 400 series with the 60". Then a few front mowers.

There are several here doing OK with the 50" Cub homeowner Z's too. Again, they buy more mowers for their money. So when they get to a big area, they have an extra mower on the trailer to use... and same thing, if one breaks down there is an extra mower there to unload and use the rest of the day.

crzymow
01-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I can see that, problem is that they are breaking down more often then commercial mowers. And the are going to nickle/dime you to keep them running. You get what you pay for. I have purchased a few cheaper 21" mowers, if I had more lawns I mowed with them I'd want the commercial mowers, even with the little bit i use them , I still feel like I spend way to much time fixing them

Daner
01-14-2007, 01:53 PM
I was at the Landscape shoe last Tuesday...I never saw any walkers with 22" tires.

They had a great Walker set up there...Reps seem to know there stuff.

Here's 1 pic I took so you can see the underside of the deck.

All In all agreat machine...I have never tryed one...But they sure got my attention

John Gamba
01-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I was at the Landscape shoe last Tuesday...I never saw any walkers with 22" tires.

They had a great Walker set up there...Reps seem to know there stuff.

Here's 1 pic I took so you can see the underside of the deck.

All In all agreat machine...I have never tryed one...But they sure got my attention

Is that the Xr7??

Willofalltrades
01-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Actually, just to tell the truth about it... a lot of the other outfits here use this mentality for their mowing equipment. And just to be honest about it... they are implementing it successfully.

The biggest outfit around here has done it successfully for years. The majority of his fleet consists of older John Deere LT & LX lawn tractors. He developed it early on. I remember those days too. There were not ZTR's or wide area walks. If you wanted commercial grade you bought something like Kubota or Deere frontmount tractors, or sub-compact tractors, or something like the very high end Kubota or Deere L&G tractors like Deere 455D or Kubota G2160... stuff like that.

Frontmower tractors were becoming the 'in-thing' but my lord they were expensive, and given our area... they could really only serve us as purpose-built mowers.

Yeah, he has some 72" front mowers for big areas and stuff. But for the money, have you ever thought about how many hydro John Deere LT's you can buy for the cost of one front mower? Well that's just what he did... and he bought a bunch of little deere's ranging from 38" to 54" in smaller units, then very few 400 series with the 60". Then a few front mowers.

There are several here doing OK with the 50" Cub homeowner Z's too. Again, they buy more mowers for their money. So when they get to a big area, they have an extra mower on the trailer to use... and same thing, if one breaks down there is an extra mower there to unload and use the rest of the day.

I can see where this system is a good idea, but not. I mean lets face it a John Deere LT series can't match the productivity of a z. Granted they didn't have Zs back then, I'm just saying why this wouldn't work now. The mowers are expensive (especially walkers) because theres more skilled craftmanship in them, not to mention a blowing system on top of the mowing system. Whats $11,000 for a machine that has the capability to earn you $80 or more an hour? Now a machine that isn't that expensive yet is a solid money maker (lesco or everide) would be very practical. You can get 2 of these machines for the price of one Kubota (331) or three machines for the price of one Scag Sabretooth tiger. Granted labor is more because you require more operators, yet you should be making enough with these 2 or 3 Zs to pay all your bills and still put you in a $50,000 truck and a decient house. If not... don't buy 3 lol. Walkers have their place right now in the current market, If they can get a super MB out with a 60" deck and 27 hp for under 8 grand... I'll snatch that up in a heart beat. Right now you shouldn't own one unless you have the ability to make between $50-$60 an hour or more. Thats how you justify the price. Let me know if this post was a little far from where the thread is going... I just started rambling.

Willofalltrades
01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Is that the Xr7??

I was thinking the same thing, looks like a Hustler...

Daner
01-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Is that the Xr7??

OOPPPPPS...:) Yaa It Is:hammerhead: Sorry wrong Pic.

Daner
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Just making sure you guys are on the ball thats all.

John Gamba
01-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Just making sure you guys are on the ball thats all.

Is that the 48" GHS??

greenbronco
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
ok, first year before last i bought a new well 40hr demo walker then this year like 2wks before warranty ran out started making odd drive noises. I took it too dealer , mech says not sure whats wrong but " do i want the 2 hydros replaced? i said what cost ,he says FOR FREE. of course i said well sure. jthomas those are over $1000. overall considering all the difficulty over the years ive had in obtaining service for homeowner equipment especially the kinda stuff like crapsman , homecheapo etc I cant imagine how you could compare walker or other name commercial brands to them. Even when i had my honda commercial21" and warranty had expired the place i had bought it replaced the seals etc in the hydrostatic for like a few dollars the cost of the seals because the mechanice felt it was hondas fault. Had to be at least a $75 job. ...Also this year was contemplating buying a new 21"mower looked at difference between gravely21comm and ariens 21 homeowner, Look identical but noticed the kawasaki engine while rated commercial on the ariens has like a cheap zipper on airfilter and no oil filter. ariens 90 commercial warranty, gravely either a 1 or 2 yr warranty . All im saying is just because it looks the same it may have cheaper wheel bearing etc if its homeowner why else would they warrant it for commercial use
......... Oh one more thing once bought a 30" mtd tractor and 36" had plastic wheel bearings a real winner , well the front axles bent after like a few weeks of use kept getting stranger weirder looking cut......mtd didnt even make replacement axles!

Daner
01-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Is that the 48" GHS??

Yes...Nice Machine

Daner
01-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Almost looks like a Hustler...They should paint them blue.

Daner
01-14-2007, 04:26 PM
another shot///////

Daner
01-14-2007, 04:48 PM
High Dump system

corey1977
01-14-2007, 05:23 PM
and if my eye site is good almost $15000.00 for a riding lawn mower:hammerhead:

Daner
01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
and if my eye site is good almost $15000.00 for a riding lawn mower:hammerhead:

Thats Canadian Dollars:hammerhead:

John Gamba
01-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Thats Canadian Dollars:hammerhead:

They didnt have the new 60" deck there??

Daner
01-14-2007, 08:49 PM
They didnt have the new 60" deck there??

never herd of the 60"...there was the 74"...I think they make a 62...anyway...they told me that they have only so many of the larger GHS style decks out there on a trial basis...I think It was the 56 and the 62...but not sure on that.
I like the mtl31...that Is loaded with power...31 HP:weightlifter:

John Gamba
01-15-2007, 06:13 AM
never herd of the 60"...there was the 74"...I think they make a 62...anyway...they told me that they have only so many of the larger GHS style decks out there on a trial basis...I think It was the 56 and the 62...but not sure on that.
I like the mtl31...that Is loaded with power...31 HP:weightlifter:

I have heard of a 60" 5" deep higher blade speed deck that will go on a new out front walker. I have herd of the 52"GHS.:waving:

Clean Cut Lawns
03-06-2007, 04:11 PM
so what exactly is new on the 2007????

grassaholic
03-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Here's the list,
The model MCGHS now comes standard with a 20HP Kohler instead of the 18HP. The MC also comes with the new larger blower for 07.

The 20HP MTGHS is now a 23HP Kohler and all the MT's have the larger blower as well. There is also a 52" GHS deck that will be available in limited supplies. This deck is a much different design than the current GHS decks. It is supposed to leave a better quality cut and be even more clog resistant than the original design.

The liquid cooled MTL models now come standard with the Grammar suspension seat. I got to see one in December and it is very nice.:cool2: The seat had many adjustments and the suspension on it is the best I've seen on a ZTR.

The gearboxes on geardrive decks are all heavy duty gearboxes now. Walker has done away with the standard gearboxes.

Walker is also coming out with a larger version of the model MB called the Super MB. I saw this mower in December and It looked very balanced. The mower comes with a 60" cut deck, 27Hp Kohler engine, and 10 mph top speed. The new deck was of the deep/ high flow design. This mower is designed to compete with the mid mount market.

I'm sure I've missed a few things but, thats all I can think of off the top of my head!:drinkup:

Walker

Clean Cut Lawns
03-07-2007, 01:23 AM
what is the size of this new blower?

Clean Cut Lawns
03-07-2007, 01:50 AM
why isnt the new deck on the web site?

Envy Lawn Service
03-07-2007, 02:53 AM
Can't wait to see the Super MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 clowns mowing
03-07-2007, 06:09 AM
my walker won't climb hills going forward. buy a convertible mower by rich mfg you can ride it and walk behind on hills with the same mower

gene gls
03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
why isnt the new deck on the web site?

I belive it is still in testing........

grassaholic
03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
The new blower is 10.5". The new 52" deck should be in production right now. When I was at the factory in Dec. Dean Walker talked at length about the new deck. He said they were in the process of getting set up to start production on the new deck. I'll be talking to my distributor today and I will ask about an ETA on the new deck. I'll also ask about the Super MB.

grassaholic
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
2 clowns mowing,
Comparing a Walker to a Rich Convertable is like comparing apples to oranges. If you use the GHS system on a Walker to collect grass, then the Rich convertible can't do that.

Clean Cut Lawns
03-07-2007, 01:11 PM
i might be purchasing 2 new walker diesels and would like to make sure i get all the new goodies

MikeLT1Z28
03-07-2007, 01:58 PM
The new blower is 10.5". The new 52" deck should be in production right now. When I was at the factory in Dec. Dean Walker talked at length about the new deck. He said they were in the process of getting set up to start production on the new deck. I'll be talking to my distributor today and I will ask about an ETA on the new deck. I'll also ask about the Super MB.

I contacted Walker and got this straight from them... i posted more over on the walker forum.. that's the bottom of the 52"

http://a763.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/28/l_cfef3ea9b91d8160d32f9506a22ca312.jpg

davidcalhoun
03-07-2007, 02:47 PM
That's the 52"? Are you sure? A two blade setup for the 52"? Some long blades if so. It also looks like this deck would be a timed deck based on the spindle position but the blade position seems wrong for that. No anti-scalp wheels on a 52"?

Clean Cut Lawns
03-07-2007, 02:50 PM
here a question. does anyone transport the walker with the deck in the up position? i tried it once and broke one of the scalping wheels off the back of the deck????

Clean Cut Lawns
03-07-2007, 02:52 PM
That's the 52"? Are you sure? A two blade setup for the 52"? Some long blades if so. It also looks like this deck would be a timed deck based on the spindle position but the blade position seems wrong for that. No anti-scalp wheels on a 52"?

timming is fine.

MikeLT1Z28
03-07-2007, 02:55 PM
yep, that's the 52" and the blades are timed.. for now i'll let it be known that they rotate BACKWARDS of the normal GHS (look at the sails vs the cutting edges). also, it LOOKS to be on the 48" carrier, so the caster wheels will probably still handle the anti-scalp job. that's just speculation on my part, but the rotation and the deck picture are verified.

edward hedrick
03-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Bought a new Mb w 48" deck. The Grammar seat is $900. The Super B

next year.

MikeLT1Z28
03-07-2007, 11:38 PM
$900?? :dizzy: does it come with a massager? lol

seems someone bought a new suspension seat for 600 on here. not sure if it was the new grammer though.