PDA

View Full Version : Used Toro walkbehind

coywade
11-23-2006, 10:09 PM
I have an opportunity tomorrow to purchase a 2006 belt driven Toro 44" WB with 15HP Kawasaki engine. The mower has been used for 6 weeks and comes with a bagger and sulkie. Assuming the mower is in great condition as he says, he wants $3,000. What do you guys think?

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 10:20 PM
sounds like a good deal, my 48" toro proline belt t-bar fixed deck 14HP OHV Kawi 5 years ago was $3400 without bagger and sulky. Been a great mower.

coywade
11-23-2006, 10:22 PM
sounds like a good deal, my 48" toro proline belt t-bar fixed deck 14HP OHV Kawi 5 years ago was $3400 without bagger and sulky. Been a great mower.

Thanks! I believe this is a floating deck from what I can gather from the guy without seeing yet and it is a T-bar. Any thoughts on the floating deck versus fixed deck would be great too. Also, will the 15HP be enough motor to mow is taller grass?

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 10:28 PM
yes, your 4" shorter than I am and I run doubles on all spindles, rarely do I have to slow down, mostly if its clover or pretty wet, but a quick spray of fluid film underneath and your good to go.

Floating is great for helping against scalping, not so much a worry with the smaller decks.

lawnwizards
11-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks! I believe this is a floating deck from what I can gather from the guy without seeing yet and it is a T-bar. Any thoughts on the floating deck versus fixed deck would be great too. Also, will the 15HP be enough motor to mow is taller grass?
correct me if i'm wrong but i was thinking that the floating deck only came with pistols, or is it the hydro that only come with pistols? damn it.. now i got myself all confused.:dizzy:

coywade
11-23-2006, 10:32 PM
correct me if i'm wrong but i was thinking that the floating deck only came with pistols, or is it the hydro that only come with pistols? damn it.. now i got myself all confused.:dizzy:

According to the specs in Toro's brochures this is the only 44" available with T-bar controls for this year...i think

coywade
11-23-2006, 10:33 PM
yes, your 4" shorter than I am and I run doubles on all spindles, rarely do I have to slow down, mostly if its clover or pretty wet, but a quick spray of fluid film underneath and your good to go.

Floating is great for helping against scalping, not so much a worry with the smaller decks.

I don't understand the lingo of running doubles on all spindles. Could you explain that please. Also what is flud film and what does it do.

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 10:35 PM
floating or fixed, it does not matter at this size. floating is for the big boys 54"+

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 10:36 PM
I put gator mulching blades on top at a right angle to the factory blades underneath. 6 total blades, one hell of cut.

coywade
11-23-2006, 10:38 PM
I put gator mulching blades on top at a right angle to the factory blades underneath. 6 total blades, one hell of cut.

Does this not really wear on the mower?

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 10:47 PM
no problems here, the engine kicks butt. hey its a commercial grade mower, sharpen the blades every 4-8 hours and the cut looks like I'm running a striping kit(almost)

Grn Mtn
11-23-2006, 10:51 PM
oh, fluid film is like PB Blaster and WD40 -it loosens rust and helps prevent it. It is lanolin based and contains no solvents, works awesome, spray it on the underside of your mower deck the night before mowing, grass won't stick to it, and that that does comes off very easy. you can still get a free can- look under the sponsor section.

LawnTamer
11-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I have an opportunity tomorrow to purchase a 2006 belt driven Toro 44" WB with 15HP Kawasaki engine. The mower has been used for 6 weeks and comes with a bagger and sulkie. Assuming the mower is in great condition as he says, he wants $3,000. What do you guys think?

That is a great mower, so long as it hasn't been abused. I love the T-bar, and the 15hp.
BTW, I run doubles most of the time and haven't had any problems. In fact I got over 3,000 hrs on my last spindles.:)
Go Toro!

brucec32
11-24-2006, 11:08 PM
1. Toro offers t bar on the belt drive 44's with the Kawi 15 twin engine. In years past you could only get the hydro 44" T bar with a 15hp Kohler.

2. Floaters are NOT just for super large decks. You can change heights faster and in a wider range with a floater, and the 44" floater will have antiscalps on the ends, whereas the 48" fixed does not. Not everyone is out there mowing in the great plains where everything is flat. And not everyone mows at 3.5" where variations in the cut are less noticeable than at lower mowing heights. That's why floating decks are made in all sizes.

3. A ballpark guess at the cost of that mower with sulky and bagger new would be around $4,000. But it can vary by hundreds depending on the time of year it's purchased, and the quality of the bagger and sulky.