PDA

View Full Version : Any one from Ft Myers area flordia

smarino21
11-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I was thinking of going down there to look at some work. How does it work you guys cut how many days out of the year when do your contracts stop and start with new companies, im talking all commercail. Is it good down there or is there a ton of companies and so forth?

smarino21
11-27-2006, 03:02 AM
no1 here is from fla at all ?

Fantasy Lawns
11-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Pretty much cut year round 42 weeks yearly ...in the dormant season we just cut the week in 1/2 so the guys have some hours every week ...lots of clean up, trimming n mulch but by Jan or Feb its' real slow

Anywho .... to keep it in a reality check .... un-less you have an "in" or lots of $$ to advo (even that's a coin flip) you'll more than likely crash in all just commercial work

That takes time ....word of mouth ....n personal networking

I just picked up a HOA entrance in November ... which is RARE .... but they seen my trucks ....n have friends in another HOA which I've been doing going on 6 years ... so word of mouth got me in ....even thou I'm a good 40% more than what they been paying

Also just got a bid package fore a Credit Union .... Good size bid ....total of 10 acre's turf n beds spread out in 5 locations .... got that from my YP advo .... again my trucks n I do work in areas which people working at the location recommend me .... my web site helped n I've got all the legal paper work in order ....won't know till Jan 2007

Best bet is to purchase an on going business ....or work in the local field to get a true feel of the area

Now if you wish too throw in some resi work .... you'll get some ....n with good work the word will spread

Good Luck with what you do