PDA

View Full Version : Using effluent water for irrigation

jpang115
11-24-2006, 02:52 PM
hey every one....I have to write a research paper for my turf class and i was wondering if anyone one knows of a good website/book that has information about using recycled or effluent water for irrigation

PurpHaze
11-24-2006, 08:40 PM
I did a Yahoo search on "recycled irrigation water" and it returned over 433k hits. The ones on the EPA websites seemed to be interesting. After all, I imagine that they set the standards for everyone else to follow. Good luck with your paper.

jerryrwm
11-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Also check on Golf Course Irrigation. Maybe look at the Golf Course Supt sites. GCSSA should have some info.

gusbuster
11-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Another suggestion is to look around your area. If you see purple valve boxes and purple top heads, then this means that they are using recycled water. The purple designates that it is not-potable water and is required. Most of the times it is a local municipality that is using this system.

Kate Butler
11-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Some years ago there was controversy about using recycled water in snowmaking machines and the following bumper sticker put it so aptly:

________(name of resort) Where the affluent meet the effluent.

What a GREAT turn of phrase!!!!

PurpHaze
11-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Went to a seminar years ago where one of the sections was on recycled water and was presented by a renown irrigation consultant. He stated that he'd have no problem drinking the water because it went through more filtration than domestic supplies go through. :)

Wet_Boots
11-28-2006, 09:54 AM
It's all recycled water, once you think about it. :drinkup:

Az Gardener
11-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Its pretty salty stuff around here PH in the 9's. Most the golf courses around here use it. You either have to plant salt tolerant varieties or be injecting sulfuric or nfuric acid.

jpang115
12-14-2006, 05:38 PM
thanks for the help help everyone......thought i let you know that i got a 95 on my paper:drinkup: