PDA

View Full Version : Dixie chopper ?

LawnMowerKing10
11-24-2006, 09:21 PM
I am thinking about buying a dixie chopper does any one experiance with this mower ?

Proscapez LLC
11-24-2006, 10:58 PM
I have been looking at Dixie Choppers and a Bobcat Prediator, the Dixie chopper is cheaper. (almost $1500)
But all summer as I have been driving by 2 local dealers which sell and service both brands. There is always a line of Dixie choppers outside each of there service area's.
I really mean EVERY TIME I drive by.
I don't know if people will stand up and tell the truth, but it scares me away from Dixie choppers.

KY Bluegrass 03
11-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Own three, one 10 years commercial ran. great cut sound machine and will destroy leaves fast. do regular maintenance and have few problems..

Richard Martin
11-25-2006, 05:03 AM
I don't know if people will stand up and tell the truth, but it scares me away from Dixie choppers.

I'm on my second Dixie now. Neither of my Dixies has ever been to a dealer for anything. As far as spare parts go I keep filters and blades.

Picky1
11-25-2006, 07:17 AM
I bought my 99 model 2260 used, this spring. I only had 10 accounts, but other than keeping the blades sharp and oil changed, have not needed a thing done to it. Not bad for a mower that has been used commercially for the 6 previous seasons.

REALSLOW
11-25-2006, 09:28 AM
I have used them years ago they were good for the day,my dealer recently took them on because they have a following. My dealer and I laugh at them compared to the Hustler I bought. The design is archaic compared to my Hustler, they are a OK machine and have good motor options but are poorly designed and hard to work on compared to my Hustler. I would only buy one if it was a great deal.

TJLANDS
11-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I have owned Dixie's since 94, the year I dumped Scag. I have owned at least 20 Dixie's, all 60", up to 28hp. In 12 years I have had only 1 Hydro problem and it was in a 2004 model. These mowers get at least 750 hours per year.
I would say the design is simple but tough. I have had more problems with the Kohler engines than the mower itself.
I keep them until 2000hrs and them trade them or sell them.
As far as easy to work on, I think they are easier to work on than any other mower I have owned.

LawnMowerKing10
11-25-2006, 10:34 AM
My only problem is the closest dealer to me is 37 miles away .

Josh.S
11-25-2006, 03:44 PM
I've owned 2 60" and my conclusion is... Dixie's aren't the prettiest mower, or the highest quality mower, and they don't offer a smooth ride... but they are dependable and tough, they make money..... and that's all that matters to me...

REALSLOW
11-25-2006, 04:46 PM
I've owned 2 60" and my conclusion is... Dixie's aren't the prettiest mower, or the highest quality mower, and they don't offer a smooth ride... but they are dependable and tough, they make money..... and that's all that matters to me... That is the thing if it was a good deal then buy one but there are better quality and engineered mowers out there.

LawnMowerKing10
11-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Do they come with the mulching leaver when you buy them? Do they discharge and mulch well ?

SimonCX
11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
I have been looking at Dixie Choppers and a Bobcat Prediator, the Dixie chopper is cheaper. (almost $1500)
But all summer as I have been driving by 2 local dealers which sell and service both brands. There is always a line of Dixie choppers outside each of there service area's.
I really mean EVERY TIME I drive by.

I don't think you can go wrong with either dixie or bobcat. I run all bobcat and the only problem I've had was the kawi carb flooding . I've tried a dixie and liked it and am considering getting a dixie in the spring. Both are good mowers but different looks and the vtc is alittle different on the dixie. Best bet is to try both and see which one you like better because they are both very good machines. Also the last time I looked I think the bobcat 33hp was cheaper then the dixie 33hp.

LawnMowerKing10
11-25-2006, 06:57 PM
TJ Land How did you get the image next to your screen name ?

tacoma200
11-25-2006, 07:23 PM
My only problem is the closest dealer to me is 37 miles away .
37 miles is not very far unless your walking... That won't get you off the ranch in Texas

LawnMowerKing10
11-25-2006, 08:47 PM
ya haha !!!!

Josh.S
11-25-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with either dixie or bobcat. I run all bobcat and the only problem I've had was the kawi carb flooding . I've tried a dixie and liked it and am considering getting a dixie in the spring. Both are good mowers but different looks and the vtc is alittle different on the dixie. Best bet is to try both and see which one you like better because they are both very good machines. Also the last time I looked I think the bobcat 33hp was cheaper then the dixie 33hp.

I wouldn't recomend the 33hp Dixie Chopper (the eXtreme), they have had plenty of pump problems and stuff with them, I would recomend the Flatlander (27hp Kohler) or the Supreme (28hp EFI Kohler), the Supreme is the best IMO for reliability and performance...

Richard Martin
11-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Do they come with the mulching leaver when you buy them? Do they discharge and mulch well ?

It's called an OCDC and Dixie was the first to have it. It's intention is not to mulch but to keep clippings from going where you don't want them when you're mowing. If you mulch with it the OCDC will leave a windrow of grass where-ever you go.

Most Dixies with the exception of the base models come with the OCDC.

Dixies discharge grass very well with the exception of crabgrass. They are absolutely awful in crabgrass.

TJLANDS
11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
TJ Land How did you get the image next to your screen name ?
Just go into your user CP (control panel) almost at the top of the screen and go to Avatar...then pick one or make your own

LawnMowerKing10
11-26-2006, 10:29 AM
ok i did it thanks tjlands!!!

Proscapez LLC
11-26-2006, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't recomend the 33hp Dixie Chopper (the eXtreme), they have had plenty of pump problems and stuff with them, I would recomend the Flatlander (27hp Kohler) or the Supreme (28hp EFI Kohler), the Supreme is the best IMO for reliability and performance...

The Extreme was the model, I have been looking at.
I figured with the hp and a name like that it would have to be there best. lol
I think I'm going to check out the Hustlers, before I buy the Bobcat.

REALSLOW
11-26-2006, 02:56 PM
The Extreme was the model, I have been looking at.
I figured with the hp and a name like that it would have to be there best. lol
I think I'm going to check out the Hustlers, before I buy the Bobcat.
You better check the cut on the Hustler,I mow Bahai in FL and that was what it was designed for and it works great for that but alot of people have complained about the cut.

I can tell you the rest of the machine is by far the best rider I have owned. They are limited in HP at the moment but the machine is so smooth, tough and easy to work on that I would not consider anything else at the moment. My dealer sell Dixie and I just look at the way they are designed compared to the Hustler and laugh, and the mechanics laughed with me but for them it is no joking matter they have to deal with the contaquerousness of the machine. Don't get me wrong it is a good machine but once you see how easy a Hustler is to work on and maintain you really will think 2 or 3 times about another brand!

TJLANDS
11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Hustler might be a good mower? I cannot comment because there is only one dealer near me that sells them and it is a small, very small operation that can not handle my needs. As far as Dixie's are concerned I say I can give a good assessment on the durability and productivity of the mowers. You and your dealer can laugh all you want I will stick to a mower that to me is made simple and tough and has for me great dealer support.
Show me some hour meters with 2000+ on your hustlers with no problems, 4-5 different operators and then you have a mower that really makes you money.

REALSLOW
11-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Hustler might be a good mower? I cannot comment because there is only one dealer near me that sells them and it is a small, very small operation that can not handle my needs. As far as Dixie's are concerned I say I can give a good assessment on the durability and productivity of the mowers. You and your dealer can laugh all you want I will stick to a mower that to me is made simple and tough and has for me great dealer support.
Show me some hour meters with 2000+ on your hustlers with no problems, 4-5 different operators and then you have a mower that really makes you money. I do not know of a mower that will go for 2000 hours with no problems do you? I do not know how well the new dixie decks are made but I can tell you I would have already been under the mower beating the deck out on the dixies I have used. We run into stumps n rocks going 10 to 15 MPH on the Hustler and it does not fase the machine at all, toughest deck I have used to date. My guys pound these mowers and all my other mowers have big dents in the front of the deck except the Hustler and it takes the biggest impacts of all the machines I own.

Josh.S
11-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Show me some hour meters with 2000+ on your hustlers with no problems, 4-5 different operators and then you have a mower that really makes you money.

I couldn't agree more...

TJLANDS
11-26-2006, 09:00 PM
I do not know of a mower that will go for 2000 hours with no problems do you? I do not know how well the new dixie decks are made but I can tell you I would have already been under the mower beating the deck out on the dixies I have used. We run into stumps n rocks going 10 to 15 MPH on the Hustler and it does not fase the machine at all, toughest deck I have used to date. My guys pound these mowers and all my other mowers have big dents in the front of the deck except the Hustler and it takes the biggest impacts of all the machines I own.

If my guys would hit a stump at 10mph they would fly out of the seat and into another job....lol

TJLANDS
11-26-2006, 09:02 PM
I do not know of a mower that will go for 2000 hours with no problems do you? I do not know how well the new dixie decks are .

Yes I do and that is why I use them

REALSLOW
11-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Yes I do and that is why I use themThey all pretty much use similar pumps and wheel motors and the same engines so alot of these machines are very similar but some are of a cleaner design
and put more beef where you need it.

gilatplc
11-26-2006, 11:39 PM
You better check the cut on the Hustler,I mow Bahai in FL and that was what it was designed for and it works great for that but alot of people have complained about the cut.

I can tell you the rest of the machine is by far the best rider I have owned. They are limited in HP at the moment but the machine is so smooth, tough and easy to work on that I would not consider anything else at the moment. My dealer sell Dixie and I just look at the way they are designed compared to the Hustler and laugh, and the mechanics laughed with me but for them it is no joking matter they have to deal with the contaquerousness of the machine. Don't get me wrong it is a good machine but once you see how easy a Hustler is to work on and maintain you really will think 2 or 3 times about another brand!

Bahia, in the Florida rain and the hustler, (not trying to go off topic) but how dose the hustler handle over grown or tall bahia grass.
I have been looking at Dixie to handle my large and possible overgrown property's but now my dealer is selling hustler and they look like alot better of a mower then the Dixie.
Your in FL so tell me can they handle bahia like they say and show in they web site?? whats the cut quality like?

I have used a Dixie, I liked it but there were to meany times that I felt like I was going to fall off the mower but it sher did cut some grass and I mean fast to.

Richard Martin
11-27-2006, 05:49 AM
They all pretty much use similar pumps and wheel motors and the same engines so alot of these machines are very similar but some are of a cleaner design and put more beef where you need it.

Dixie may use a similar pump and wheel motor but that is where the similarity stops. Dixie uses a quad loop hydro system that is extremely tough and durable. Normally this type of system is only found on much higher horsepower applications and it does cost more to produce but Art Evans wanted a hydro system that would hold up over the long haul and the quad loop does it.

There are many, many Dixies running around out there with far in excess of 2,000 hours that have had very few repairs. A guy who used to be a member here until he passed away made it a regular habit to run his past 4,000 hours.

There will, of course, be the ocassional lemon but the huge majority of Dixies are owned by very happy people who get a whole lot of trouble free hours from their mowers.

Richard Martin
11-27-2006, 05:55 AM
I just want to add a little about those engines. Everytime you look at a Kohler engine and see that little engine oil cooler above the oil filter you can thank Dixie for it. Dixie started putting a remote mounted engine oil cooler on their engines a long time ago. Kohler took notice when they saw Dixies getting long hours out of their engines and decided it would be a good idea to add a cooler from the factory.

REALSLOW
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Bahia, in the Florida rain and the hustler, (not trying to go off topic) but how dose the hustler handle over grown or tall bahia grass.
I have been looking at Dixie to handle my large and possible overgrown property's but now my dealer is selling hustler and they look like alot better of a mower then the Dixie.
Your in FL so tell me can they handle bahia like they say and show in they web site?? whats the cut quality like?

I have used a Dixie, I liked it but there were to meany times that I felt like I was going to fall off the mower but it sher did cut some grass and I mean fast to. I am familar with Sarasota, I had a business in ST.pete for years. Gainesville is different than Sarasota but for bahia they are awesome I here the new Scag velocity may be better from a dealer in Miami but the rest of the mower is way better and cheaper than a Scag. The Hustler cut best if you mow low. On tall St Augustine at 4 or 5 inches the XR 7 deck does not seem to have the vaccum to stand it up like my Exmark and not leave a few straglers but on short cutting the machine is vastly superior to my Exmark. Way more comfortable,mows way faster and leaves no stingers.

I bought the Hustler because I landed a account where you are mowing 8 to 10 hours straight with the Super Z it will do it in 6. It is a account that only gets done every 2 weeks in the summer of bahai with 2 foot stingers. They could have more powerful engines on the Super Z which they are working on but a 27 on a 60 is good as long as you do not have huge hills but this is in Gainesville the grass is thinner here. The mower will knock down 2 week old bahia in one pass going 15 MPH with only a few stingers left standing. You just hit a few small patches here and there at 15 MPH when going back over it and it is done. You have to slow down in real thick areas but on Bahia cut short it is AWESOME! Way faster and way better than any other mower I have and I have alot of them and have used alot of them.

I have used Dixies and they are good but no where near the design, ease of maintenance, durability of the Hustler. As soon as Hustler puts bigger engines on these things and start making regional decks for each area the competition better wake up or be in big trouble. I have only got 400 Hours on it but I can already see how little care the machine requires to keep it going just belts which only take 2 minutes each to change a little grease and occasionally tighten it down.

I mow alot of retention areas where most machines would get stuck but with the spped of this thing it stays on top of the mud and skips over it and we crash into things going full bore and the just doesn't dent at all really tough as nails. It will take even more abuse than my Lesco and Scag Hydro midsizes I couldn't believe it but it will. Best equipment buy in my opinion!

macgyver
11-27-2006, 10:28 AM
They all pretty much use similar pumps and wheel motors and the same engines so allot of these machines are very similar but some are of a cleaner design
and put more beef where you need it.
The hydraulic system on a dixie is NOTHING like other machines,there are three lines to the wheel motors. The third line provides a constant flow of oil to the wheel motors,even when the unit is setting still.No other machine that I've seen has a Quad Loop System. You normally only see this type of
hydraulic system on machines with 100 H/P or more. My present Dixie has 2800 hours and has never been back to the Dealer!!!! I've replaced the throttle cable twice.My dixie also has a Amsoil External filter as well as the filter on on the engine,it also has a additional Oil cooler. I also would FIRE someone that used a machine as if they were in a Demolition Derby. My dealer sells other brands of mowers,so they can keep there Service Department Busy. I also Designed and Built Hydraulic Towing and Recovery Equipment For 25 years before I was in Lawn and landscape.
(Just my 2 cents) Macgyver

macgyver
11-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Dixie may use a similar pump and wheel motor but that is where the similarity stops. Dixie uses a quad loop hydro system that is extremely tough and durable. Normally this type of system is only found on much higher horsepower applications and it does cost more to produce but Art Evans wanted a hydro system that would hold up over the long haul and the quad loop does it.

There are many, many Dixies running around out there with far in excess of 2,000 hours that have had very few repairs. A guy who used to be a member here until he passed away made it a regular habit to run his past 4,000 hours.

There will, of course, be the occasional lemon but the huge majority of Dixies are owned by very happy people who get a whole lot of trouble free hours from their mowers.
Amen someone that Knows what they are Talking About!!!!!!!! Macgyver

REALSLOW
11-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Amen someone that Knows what they are Talking About!!!!!!!! Macgyver I do not know about the quad loop sounds good. My machine has been to the dealer 3 times and fixed on the spot all 3 times. The lawn business on some of these commercial accounts is a demo derby I try and buy machines I believe will take it. The Dixie chasses is archaic in my opinion.

REALSLOW
11-27-2006, 12:21 PM
I just talked to my Dixie dealer he claims they are selling well and invited me come try a new proto type 74" cut with a 33 HP Generac. He says he has used it and it is good. He said as far as the Hydralics go they were real close in comparison to the Hustler. Does Dixie use a fan on there setup?

The guys in the shop were the ones laughing at the design of the Dixie compared to the Hustler. One of them has used a 72 diesel quit a bit and said it was a mowing son of a Bit ch but said the machine got you filthy and said the design of the chasses was dated. He said it was the fastest and most powerful mower he had ever used by far but quirky compared to the Super Z.

I will probably go get the new tunnel 74 and try it for a couple of days who knows I may want one after that. I just try and keep my machines the same brand.

Everybody says they are good so they must be I just do not like some aspects of them.

TJLANDS
11-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Take a 60" 28hp EFI for a demo,
The 74/ 33 is more of a Farm Machine/ Highway machine and overpriced

gilatplc
11-27-2006, 01:57 PM
REALSLOW;
Thanks for the info, The biggies this I think that Hustler is lacking is HP as stated here in this thread.
If they offered a better 30+ HP 66" mower I know I would properly buy it over a Dixie for just the fact of build quality.Now if they would just price there diesel mower in reasonable price range!

I think the Dixie's way of having "bicycle chains" for a deck system is just a joke, but on the other hand the quad loop system and the Amsoil filtration system I know are great and hold up for the long hall.

TJLANDS;
My dealer doesn't even know that the 74/33 exists, what is that mower going for?

Richard Martin
11-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Does Dixie use a fan on there setup? The guys in the shop were the ones laughing at the design of the Dixie compared to the Hustler. One of them has used a 72 diesel quit a bit and said it was a mowing son of a Bit ch but said the machine got you filthy and said the design of the chasses was dated. He said it was the fastest and most powerful mower he had ever used by far but quirky compared to the Super Z.

Dixie uses twin coolers mounted above the engine. I know they work because if the wind is coming from the rear I can feel the heat.

You can do what you want to a Dixie chassis (frame). If you do somehow manage to break it just take it back. It has a lifetime warranty. I actually prefer a frame that is built of steel that hasn't been stretched and fatigued by bending it to a shape. My 60" uses 6 pieces of 1" by 2" square tubing that is welded on the front to another piece of 1 by 2 and at the rear to a piece of 4 by 4 1/4" angle iron. The frame does have some give in it but I've never heard of anyone damaging one.

Yes, they can be quirky no doubt about it but once you get used to them they're hard to get rid of.

prostriper
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
I do not know of a mower that will go for 2000 hours with no problems do you? I do not know how well the new dixie decks are made but I can tell you I would have already been under the mower beating the deck out on the dixies I have used. We run into stumps n rocks going 10 to 15 MPH on the Hustler and it does not fase the machine at all, toughest deck I have used to date. My guys pound these mowers and all my other mowers have big dents in the front of the deck except the Hustler and it takes the biggest impacts of all the machines I own.

If your guys are constantly hitting things then you may want to take them to Lens Crafters, and or have someone walk around prior to mowing. Dixies are great mowers, but they are an acquired taste. They are the Enzo Ferrary of mowers so to speak. They are made to s*** and get with no stupid frilly stuff. And they do it quite well. But they are not made for everyone. They are designed around an experienced opperator that cares, not some seasonal stunt driver.

REALSLOW
11-27-2006, 03:15 PM
REALSLOW;
Thanks for the info, The biggies this I think that Hustler is lacking is HP as stated here in this thread.
If they offered a better 30+ HP 66" mower I know I would properly buy it over a Dixie for just the fact of build quality.Now if they would just price there diesel mower in reasonable price range!

I think the Dixie's way of having "bicycle chains" for a deck system is just a joke, but on the other hand the quad loop system and the Amsoil filtration system I know are great and hold up for the long hall.

TJLANDS;
My dealer doesn't even know that the 74/33 exists, what is that mower going for? These are proto types of a newmower not yett realeased. My dealer is real high volume so he has connections. My dealer said come on by and try it for 2 days. It is called a tunnel deck. I already have 2 60 inch mowers so my next one will be a 72 or bigger. I believe a 28 EFI is plenty for a 66 Hustler. I have talked to people in Tampa who own them and say it is like a 60 27 or better and I feel that is good.

REALSLOW
11-27-2006, 03:17 PM
If your guys are constantly hitting things then you may want to take them to Lens Crafters, and or have someone walk around prior to mowing. Dixies are great mowers, but they are an acquired taste. They are the Enzo Ferrary of mowers so to speak. They are made to s*** and get with no stupid frilly stuff. And they do it quite well. But they are not made for everyone. They are designed around an experienced opperator that cares, not some seasonal stunt driver. Some of these commercial accounts are brutal when you do county work.

gilatplc
11-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Time for a demo!!!!

My Exmark is 27\50 and is has over kill power, but thats the way I like them.

Thanks
Gil

KY Bluegrass 03
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Had A Client Call The Other Day And Said Great Job On The Lawn. I Don't Know How You Got Through All The Leaves Or Where They Went But The Lawn Looks Awesome. Not Once In Our Conversation Did He Say How Old Or Dated Our Dixie Looked. We Pride Ourselves In A Qaulity Job Done Right. I Have Never Had A New Customer Approach Me And Say That Mower "looks Cool" Come Over And Tackle My Yard. Sure There Not The Best Looking, Who Cares They Produce Day In And Day Out With Few Problems. The Mower We Used On This Property Was A 1999 60"/22 Kohler, 4500+ Hrs(original Engine), Original Wheel Motors And Pumps. P.s. This Mower Has Seen More Than 10 Operaters!!!!

I Stand Behind Them!!!

lescodude247
11-28-2006, 10:48 AM
if you never seen this before, look what the dixie choppers can do!!!! Thats all i have to say. http://www.elmlawnsite.com/lawn_pictures_page.htm

REALSLOW
11-28-2006, 03:44 PM
I was just looking at a Dixie today, don't get me wrong I will demo a new 74 to see if 34 HP is enough to run the deck so when Hustler builds a 72 34 I will know if it is powerful enough. I do not care how it is in operation it has what looks to be about twice as many parts as a Hustler. The machine is not of a clean design at all. It does have a return on the wheel motors which is good. The mower is so much harder to service and work on and looks to be spindley made in comparison. Of course the front of the deck was banged in and the front end looked like if you tried you could tear it off. Man I can beat my Hustler like a moto X bike and I cannot see a Dixie taking that kind of abuse way to many weak areas and parts to break.

This is my opinion and what do I know? The machine compared to my Hustler as far as design goes looks like a piece of crap. Everybody says they are good but you will not catch me buying a new one. These machines go into the same category as Lesco which is 50 cents on the $ for one that is almost like new!

Richard Martin
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
The mower is so much harder to service and work on and looks to be spindley made in comparison.

I can appreciate your opinion, after all it's your money you're spending. This however I must say...

If you think a Dixie is hard to service and work on then I wholeheartedly recommend that you never even look at mowers like Exmark and Gravely. I have worked on those too and the Dixie is a dream to work on compared to them.

REALSLOW
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM
It is like I said what do I know, everybody else says they are great but you will not catch me buying a new one!

citysexton
11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
I know that i do not put as many hours on my machines as most of you do but, we mow cemeteries. There is no tougher, bumpier, more difficult ground to mow. I do not claim to be an expert here but have used many different mowers out here and cannot even compare any other machine to the Hustler. We have one Gravely left from the last guy that was here and it is the worst machine i have ever owned. If the cost is all that matters maybe Dixie is the best way to go, but if you want quality of cut, and care at all about the quality of life for you back and kidneys BUY A HUSTLER. They are also by far the easiest machine to service which has to be a consideration. oh yeah the also have a $99 striping kit that makes you properties look like baseball fields

REALSLOW
11-29-2006, 04:38 PM
I know that i do not put as many hours on my machines as most of you do but, we mow cemeteries. There is no tougher, bumpier, more difficult ground to mow. I do not claim to be an expert here but have used many different mowers out here and cannot even compare any other machine to the Hustler. We have one Gravely left from the last guy that was here and it is the worst machine i have ever owned. If the cost is all that matters maybe Dixie is the best way to go, but if you want quality of cut, and care at all about the quality of life for you back and kidneys BUY A HUSTLER. They are also by far the easiest machine to service which has to be a consideration. oh yeah the also have a $99 striping kit that makes you properties look like baseball fields Don't forget to mention the Z 2!

TJLANDS
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
I actually saw a 60" hustler today, 28efi. Some Mexicans had it at a Lesco. I took a look. Reminds me of the Scag Turf Tiger(Tried them). Machine looks good. Seems very low to the ground, good for slopes bad for eyesight. The Mexicans said they liked it except the electric blade clutch had gone bad, lol.
Same as the Scag I used to own. Other than that they said it cuts good and fast and blades last long(thats how they said it).
I will say the seat was very comfortable.

LawnMowerKing10
11-29-2006, 08:08 PM
TJLANDS , lol

TriCountyLawn
11-29-2006, 08:13 PM
I can appreciate your opinion, after all it's your money you're spending. This however I must say...

If you think a Dixie is hard to service and work on then I wholeheartedly recommend that you never even look at mowers like Exmark and Gravely. I have worked on those too and the Dixie is a dream to work on compared to them.

Im gald to see someone was thinking what I was ...!

Cheffy
11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I bought a 60" 27 horse Generac 2703 Dixie Chopper This summer Walks circles around M60 Tank Keep blades sharp goes like a raped ape !!!!

Then I found a 50" run behind 27 Horse Dixie Chopper on Ebay . I won the bid believe that my first Ebay Purchase saved me $2000.00

Run Behind is my new favorite mower

Josh.S
11-30-2006, 12:00 AM
I bought a 60" 27 horse Generac 2703 Dixie Chopper This summer Walks circles around M60 Tank Keep blades sharp goes like a raped ape !!!!

Then I found a 50" run behind 27 Horse Dixie Chopper on Ebay . I won the bid believe that my first Ebay Purchase saved me $2000.00

Run Behind is my new favorite mower

I've never seen a run behind, or even heard of anybody using them... they look to ugly and home made to put on my trailer...

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer it over the rider?

A.D Services
11-30-2006, 12:19 AM
hey cheffy of course your dixie will out do a cub cadet the reason being is that the cub cadet is a cheap piece of MTD crap no offense to the tank owners

Richard Martin
11-30-2006, 06:15 AM
I've never seen a run behind, or even heard of anybody using them... they look to ugly and home made to put on my trailer...

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer it over the rider?

It's really that good. If they made it in a 36" there'd be one on my trailer today.

A.D Services
11-30-2006, 10:49 PM
i thought they made a 36" dixie chopper

gilatplc
12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
i thought they made a 36" dixie chopper

The Silver Eagle 22/34" is what you are looking for.
Dealer told me they are home owner equipment.