PDA

View Full Version : Leaf loader set-ups

grapeford
11-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Does anybody have any cool ways of dumping your trucks without taking the leaf loader off the dump. I use a winch to take it off and put it back on. I would prefer an easier way. let me know.

DBL
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
ours is a tow behind so we dont have this problem but you can mount the loader to the back of the box and instead of barn doors have it pivot at the top so when it dumps it stays with the back board...get what im saying

qualitylandscaping
11-25-2006, 12:14 AM
We've got ours on a dump trailer w/ barn doors. Have the loader mounted on one side. Chain the door so it doesn't hit the ground..

Pretty simple..

grapeford
11-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I'm not very bright and visuals always work better for me. Anyone got any pictures of their leaf loader set ups ?

MLI
11-25-2006, 08:12 AM
grapeford.....Im in Weymouth. I have 2 ways to set up the Lesco leaf sucker...1) swing-away hitch mounts in your reciever of truck 2) leaf sucker mounted on front of trailer with tube shooting inot back of truck. If you want visual, come take a look at it. PM me if you wanna see it.

nobagger
11-25-2006, 08:45 AM
A friend of mine has a 2" receiver welded to his plow frame and he has the leaf loader sitting on one of those steel mesh carring baskets and he just slides it in when using it. He then uses a 4" or 6" pvc pipe going to his leaf box, the only thing he needs to do when dumping is unhook the pipe and then dump.

Nickcon404
11-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Does anybody have any cool ways of dumping your trucks without taking the leaf loader off the dump. I use a winch to take it off and put it back on. I would prefer an easier way. let me know.

Swing away hitch mount. Pull out a pin....swing it out....dump.

http://www.salsco.com/Swing%20Mount.htm :cool2:

Uranus
11-28-2006, 08:51 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=167679 will this help with the single dump door and mounting?

GrassBustersLawn
11-28-2006, 11:06 PM
I have a 6x10 dump trailer w/landscape gate. I put wood sides on top of the metal sides. For support to the sides I ran 3 2x4's across the top, these top braces also have the MESH TARP underneath them, so the tarp can't blow away. I can carry 14 cu yds in it with this set up. I mounted a Billy Goat 18hp loader on the FRONT of the trailer. It hangs on the metal side of the trailer (had to cut out a hole in the wood side on the front to make room for it). When I dump, the leaf loader is lifted on the front of the trailer...don't have to remove it or swing it out of the way. THe loader weighs about 300 lbs, but my trailer has never had a problem lifting the loader and a full load of WET leaves. Works great and is definitely an efficient way to handle a HIGH VOLUME of leaves.

Mike

LawnScapers of Dayton
11-29-2006, 06:37 AM
lets see some pics GrassBustersLawn.....

wahlturfcare
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
heres a pic of the swing mount i made for my dump. i made it so it would swing completely around the the side of the truck instead of strait out.