PDA

View Full Version : massey-ferguson ztrs

tarp5350
11-24-2006, 10:45 PM
hey guys and gals, has anyone used or demo their commercial ztrs? i saw on their website their models zt29 and zt33. they are both diesel engines and they have shaft drive and hydrauic lift. from the picture they look like they are really well made. they even have a high volume 72 inch deck for heavy applications. the only problem it doesn,t say who makes the diesel engines.
and i wonder who makes their machines. any info would be appreciated since i will be buying in the spring.

robbo521
11-25-2006, 01:35 AM
i looked at them a few weeks ago.they only have two sizes.they both are to big for me but very nice.

Richard Martin
11-25-2006, 03:58 AM
It's too heavy for my use. The lightest one weighs over 1600 pounds.

Base weight without the mower deck 1367 pounds
60" deck 265 pounds
72" deck 287 pounds
72" heavy duty deck 309 pounds

nobagger
11-25-2006, 07:47 AM
Ive only seen them from the road, this one looked huge! Too big for anything I need.

tarp5350
11-26-2006, 08:06 PM
i don,t care how much it weighs or how big since i am going to use it on my farm. i want to know who makes their diesels engines and their machines.

dozerdogue
11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I believe Iseki makes their machines.

RonB
11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Yep, Iseki makes'em.

http://www.iseki.co.jp/english/products/images/prod_zero-01.jpg

http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/MF/NA/Lawn/MFZTMower/MF_ZTM_2889.jpg

Richard Martin
11-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Never mind.

MSS Mow
11-27-2006, 03:00 PM
hey guys and gals, has anyone used or demo their commercial ztrs? i saw on their website their models zt29 and zt33. they are both diesel engines and they have shaft drive and hydrauic lift. from the picture they look like they are really well made. they even have a high volume 72 inch deck for heavy applications. the only problem it doesn,t say who makes the diesel engines.
and i wonder who makes their machines. any info would be appreciated since i will be buying in the spring.

I bought a Massey Ferguson ZTR this spring. I bought their 33hp 72" deck. I absolutely love it. Tons of power. Cuts through about anything. Is it heavy, yes, but not a problem. I'd highly reccomend one. Good luck with your new purchase in the spring.

badbart
03-06-2010, 10:23 PM
I just ran across an ad for a 2009 with 350 hours on it for $9000.00 !! How much do they sell for new?

doubleedge
03-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Kubota makes large diesel ZTR mowers similar to the Massey Ferguson mower. They have: hydraulic deck lift with adjustment knob, suspension seat, deep decks, shaft driven deck, dual belt connecting the blades, wet clutch PTO, Kubota diesel engine (up to 31 hp, I believe), casters that double as mower jack, and are similar in weight to the Massey Ferguson.

MSS Mow
03-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I just ran across an ad for a 2009 with 350 hours on it for $9000.00 !! How much do they sell for new?

They are $13-14k new.

Kubota makes large diesel ZTR mowers similar to the Massey Ferguson mower. They have: hydraulic deck lift with adjustment knob, suspension seat, deep decks, shaft driven deck, dual belt connecting the blades, wet clutch PTO, Kubota diesel engine (up to 31 hp, I believe), casters that double as mower jack, and are similar in weight to the Massey Ferguson.

I own both, a Massey with a 33 hp diesel 72" deck and two Kubotas, both 331's one with 60" deck and bagger and the other a 72". I would reccomend the Kubotas over the Massey every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Kubotas are so much better of a machine.

grassman177
03-07-2010, 10:14 AM
interesting how you changed your opinions MSS over a couple years ago when you thought your massey was the cats meow!

MikeKle
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I thought MF had their own engines? I think they do on their farm tractors anyway? Just curious, Are their ZTRs expensive or in line with others.

MSS Mow
03-07-2010, 12:59 PM
interesting how you changed your opinions MSS over a couple years ago when you thought your massey was the cats meow!

Yeah, it has definately changed with time. Once I bought the first Kubota 331, I knew that the Massey would never measure up.

Mickhippy
03-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Yeah, it has definately changed with time. Once I bought the first Kubota 331, I knew that the Massey would never measure up.

Can you elaborate? Just wondering what changed your mind.

badbart
03-07-2010, 10:43 PM
I thought MF had their own engines? I think they do on their farm tractors anyway? Just curious, Are their ZTRs expensive or in line with others.

I have a Massey Ferguson 240 and it has a Perkins 3 cyl. diesel. I also have a Cushman 72" Frontline mower and it has a Kubota 3 cyl. diesel. Go figure....

MSS Mow
03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
Can you elaborate? Just wondering what changed your mind.

I don't mind at all. The kubota provides a better cut (even though the MF provides a good cut too), the kubota provides a much better, more comfortable ride (which is critical when riding all day), the antiscalp wheels work much better on the kubota, the kubota will discharge the grass a country mile, whereas the MF barely gets it out the discharge chute (this also helps in blowing off paved drives with the Kubota), the kubota, though 2 less HP has way more power, and finally, dealer service.

My kubota dealer, while they have their faults, at least are familiar with and can work on my kubota Z. Whereas the MF dealer is not at all familiar with the MF Z. The MF Z is new to the market here in the Northeast, and I bought the first one my dealer sold. The have since only sold 2-3 units (all to private farms), therefore they have little to no knowledge and even fewer parts in stock for them.

Mickhippy
03-08-2010, 07:58 AM
I don't mind at all. The kubota provides a better cut (even though the MF provides a good cut too), the kubota provides a much better, more comfortable ride (which is critical when riding all day), the antiscalp wheels work much better on the kubota, the kubota will discharge the grass a country mile, whereas the MF barely gets it out the discharge chute (this also helps in blowing off paved drives with the Kubota), the kubota, though 2 less HP has way more power, and finally, dealer service.

My kubota dealer, while they have their faults, at least are familiar with and can work on my kubota Z. Whereas the MF dealer is not at all familiar with the MF Z. The MF Z is new to the market here in the Northeast, and I bought the first one my dealer sold. The have since only sold 2-3 units (all to private farms), therefore they have little to no knowledge and even fewer parts in stock for them.

Thanks! I see an Iseki version doing road sides here. They have the stamped deck and it seems to do a pretty fair job, cutting real rubbish grass that should probably be done with a bush hog. I havent seen one on nice lawns though!
When they came out I checked one over. Seemed a very large machine, to big for me. I know a guy who used to do a lot of work for the city. He ran Iseki out fronts and loved/swore by them. He bypassed the ztr and went to Scag. He became a Scag dealer actually. Point is, if he thought the Iseki ztrs were good, he would of stuck with them!

Anyway, cheers for the info!