PDA

View Full Version : Just Can't Help Myself

PurpHaze
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Spent a couple of days up in Antioch, CA with my son and his wife for the Thanksgiving holiday. The wife and I took a walk to a neighborhood park and I just couldn't help myself taking pictures of irrigation items that need repairing.:laugh:

Have to admit that the park was quite nice with all its dark green fescue grass but that's the difference between the hot valley where I live and the cooler east bay area.:)

Dirty Water
11-25-2006, 01:38 PM
That box must have been beaned hard to break the one beneath the riser in the same spot :)

I do the same thing, my wife hates it.

Wet_Boots
11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Amazing what the trained eye can discern :p

PurpHaze
11-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Amazing what the trained eye can discern :p

Hell... When you've been in it as long as we have even little things are like getting hit up side the head with a shovel.:laugh:

PurpHaze
11-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I do the same thing, my wife hates it.

My wife was actually the one that brought it to my attention first. I was busy taking pictures of the kids and their dogs and was turned the other way when she discovered it. :)

The kids just moved into their first home and naturally I've been "volunteered" to redesign the landscaping and irrigation at their house when they're ready for it. They have a lot of clean-up to do (not that the yards are in bad shape or anything)... tearing out what they don't want, etc. I took measurements while there and have already done up a plot plan for them and sent it via email.:laugh:

Dirty Water
11-25-2006, 05:01 PM
My wife and I went to the SilverWood Theme park in Idaho last year and they had a lot of the system in plain view.

Nelson Rotors and Toro sprayheads, if I recall correctly, a little weird, because you don't see any Nelsons and most of the toro sprays are phased out here.

I spent a lot of time analyzing their system while I waited 20 minutes to ride a 15 second ride :)