PDA

View Full Version : mowing today in northeast

lawncare18
11-25-2006, 05:44 PM
I got a few calls for mowing and one last cleanup in the northeast.. prob the latest i can ever remember runing my mowers. I am loving it and the 50 to 60 degree days !!! Anyone else feeling the same way???

mattfromNY
11-25-2006, 05:48 PM
We mowed a few in Cortland Friday, cleaned up ALOT of leaves!! Not sure yet if my red face is sun tan or wind burn, LOL. As much as I need to plow to pay the bills, I'll take all the 50 degree days we can get!

lawncare18
11-25-2006, 06:31 PM
matt.. you from cortland.. of you guys just do work down there and syracuse?? this weather has been great

jeff_0
11-25-2006, 06:52 PM
i still have some mowing left to do also. i'm in maryland and a couple years ago i was doing a lot of mowing until the last week in december

Roger
11-25-2006, 08:02 PM
I mowed five yesterday, and three more today (one required heavy cleanup first). However, the string is running out, and quickly. I only have a couple more the first part of next week.

And, yes, the very warm days are welcome. However, it seemed strange to finish this evening as the sun set at 4:55, and still in shirtsleeves. For most of the season, I mow this property as the last one of the day, and see the sun set at 8:30, 8:45, 8:15, etc. The shadows were very long already at 3:00 p.m. today, something I typically see at 7:00, 7:30, or so, when the temp is 65 degrees.

mattfromNY
11-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Lawncare... Yeah, I'm from Cortland. I live and work here, try to stay local to keep my costs down. First year, pretty successful so far. Two more decent sized landscape jobs to get done this fall, at least a dozen more leaf cleanups, and hopefully some snow soon to keep the plow busy!