PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane Super Surfer

bjlawnman
11-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Next spring I am considering buying a new mower. I was looking into the Great Dane Super Surfer. Do any of you have experience with these mowers?? I have heard they are good on hills. Any input or help would be great. Thanks BJ

A.D Services
11-25-2006, 07:06 PM
they are pretty good machines. but they arent the best on hills the surfer is the best on hills. the surfer is just like it but it has a fixed deck. they are overall topnotch machines. they give a very nice cut and the hydors are nice and smooth the thing i like about them is that it doesnt tear the turf as amuch as a ZT. i noticed that your from rockford if you go to nicholsen lawn and garden. they might let you demo one. they priced a 48" Super Surfer with the 18hp kohler at about 6 grand

grass-scapes
11-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Wright stander. You can get one now for much less than you can in the spring. 52 inch, 25 hp fixed deck for about 5700.00

bjlawnman
11-25-2006, 07:22 PM
they are pretty good machines. but they arent the best on hills the surfer is the best on hills. the surfer is just like it but it has a fixed deck. they are overall topnotch machines. they give a very nice cut and the hydors are nice and smooth the thing i like about them is that it doesnt tear the turf as amuch as a ZT. i noticed that your from rockford if you go to nicholsen lawn and garden. they might let you demo one. they priced a 48" Super Surfer with the 18hp kohler at about 6 grand
Actually thats where I was looking at them. The surfer was only around $5000 I believe. What one do you have and did you purchase yours at Nicolsen?

jtkplc
11-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Wright Standers are better. Better on hills, shorter frame makes them more maneuverable with less scalping, more ergonomic, and better placed controls. I've used both and the Wrights are clearly better. In fact the Super Surfers were sold last year because the employees complained too much about them.

I would suggest looking at them and getting a demo on both and decide what is right for you, because we may not agree.

A.D Services
11-25-2006, 08:49 PM
i have the 48" inch deck and yes i did