PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who cut medium strips

jeff_0
11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
I live out in maryland and i'm currently going to be bidding on lawn maintenance on medium strips. I was wondering with is a average price people charge per acre for mowing and what people charge for litter pick up on average. I just wondering on average. On regular lawns i usually bid around $75 a acre but i heard it's 2 or 3 times as much for just the mowing on medium strips. Any info would be helpful

Tom c.
11-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Its a median strip dude!! Medium is how you get your steak done!! I once met a guy that was telling me about a guy who was simonizing his daughter!!Hope this gets a chuckle!!

LLandscaping
11-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Are you talking about medians on busy roadways?

Elite Lawn Care
11-25-2006, 09:14 PM
you need to figure out the time it will take you and the equipment needed. I charge the same rate per foot as any other job, then per trim foot for the trim and edging. is there trees? I charge per tree. How much outside trim is there? Can you use just a string trimmer or do you need an edger? How much of a danger is the traffic? That is a hazard fee, will your insurance cover you for it?

jeff_0
11-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Most people that i've talked to out here in the industy charge way more for mediums one of the biggest reasons is they steam to get more ware and tare on the equipment.

Gatewayuser
11-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Usually they are bid out by per acre mile which is 15ft wide and one mile long. So all you have to do is say I can mow for X amount of dollars per acre mile. Good luck and STAY SAFE!

jeff_0
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM
i wanted to know the average that people charge for x

jeff_0
11-29-2006, 08:58 PM
bump. anyone have a suggestion for a price range

Camaro865
11-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Its a median strip dude!! Medium is how you get your steak done!! I once met a guy that was telling me about a guy who was simonizing his daughter!!Hope this gets a chuckle!!

at first i thought he was talking about a "medium sized strip" like from a mower....a 48'' would be medium, 21'' small and a 72+ would be large.

then as i read it more i thought he was talking about "medium sized STRIP malls"

i have no idea.

a MEDIAN is what is in between highways.

Gatewayuser
11-29-2006, 11:22 PM
bump. anyone have a suggestion for a price range

We can't figure your prices for you, you need to know your costs and how long it will take you to mow an acre mile. Then times that by your hourly rate. You will need a tractor and a 15ft wing mower to take on a highway median job.

Good luck!!!

BQLC
11-30-2006, 09:53 AM
jeff o takes some pics. some of us still aren't clear on what you are talking about