PDA

View Full Version : Snapper WB not going straight w/ sulky

T. Wheeler
11-25-2006, 08:56 PM
The Snapper walkbehind we have will not go straight at all while the sulky is connected. The walkbehind is a 48" Hydro, and the sulky is a Havener swivel caster sulky. As soon as we disconnect the sulky the walkbehind goes straight as an arrow.

Thanks,

Josh.S
11-25-2006, 09:46 PM
The Snapper walkbehind we have will not go straight at all while the sulky is connected. The walkbehind is a 48" Hydro, and the sulky is a Havener swivel caster sulky. As soon as we disconnect the sulky the walkbehind goes straight as an arrow.

Thanks,

Is it a dual hydro mower? if so, one is going out (which every way it is turning is the bad one)....

T. Wheeler
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
it does it both way, and when we take the sulky off its just fine with no problems

lawnangel1
11-25-2006, 10:08 PM
When I demoed a snapper hydro it had a joystick where you could turn to make the mower track straighter when it wasnt. It was right above all of the other controls. Just a thought I dont know what model yours is but the one I tried did.

T. Wheeler
11-25-2006, 10:12 PM
When I demoed a snapper hydro it had a joystick where you could turn to make the mower track straighter when it wasnt. It was right above all of the other controls. Just a thought I dont know what model yours is but the one I tried did.
Yes it does have the tracking adjustment. You just can't get it to adjust straight with the sulky attached.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
11-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Check your tire pressure,or the pumps.

macaw
11-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Is the ground you are on have a downward grade it don't have to be much
on that type of sulky it will pull the (with you on it) mowers rear down hill and
the front up hill. I had a bull rider on a scag hydro and that's what it done.
You can try and put weights on the front that might help.if that don't help go with a fixed wheel sulky like jungle wheels.

ed2hess
11-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes it does have the tracking adjustment. You just can't get it to adjust straight with the sulky attached.
If it has the joystick then it should be able to compensate for uneven load. I would look to be sure the pump belt is tight and not slipping or the pulley on the hydro is slipping.