PDA

View Full Version : Walkbehind blowers?

Rons Rightway Lawncare
11-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Even though leaf season is coming to a close soon, I am thinking about getting a wheeled blower - or walkbehind blower, not sure what to call them -

I had a 8 horse lesco a few years ago and it did a okay job, the front wheel was small and dug in on soft lawns, but overall it blew pretty good.

Wondering what is a good unit to buy now a days, I sold the lesco back in 1999 and just been using my backpack blower since. On some of the bigger leaf jobs a wheeled blower might save me some time....

Also what kind of prices have you guys paid for these things? And where can I see CFM ratings?

Anyone got a good used one they want to sell?

dcondon
11-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Check out the Billy Goat. I think they will run you around $950. well worth the money though.

jmurphy
11-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Little Wonder all the way, I have a 10 HP and its got alot of power. They may be a little heavier but its well worth the weight for the power.

dcondon
11-25-2006, 10:01 PM
I thing that dislike about a Little wounder is they don't have a finger adjustable chute. We would have no use for one in this area because we don't have flat lawns.

Eclipse
11-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Last I checked the Little Wonders had a much better warranty as compared to the Billy Goat, 3 years vs. 1 year.

leeslawncare
11-25-2006, 11:46 PM
I got us a giant vac . from snapper ,with a 10 h/p last year model. works great !!!!

topsites
11-26-2006, 02:29 AM
I think folks tend to gravitate towards the Little Wonder for no other reason than the name itself, but I bought myself a 10 horse bs intek Billygoat for the main reason being that finger-adjustable chute.

If it wasn't for that, I could care less, but that thing makes a BIG difference.

clydesdale
11-26-2006, 07:41 AM
13hp force blower- i dont think you can beat it. It pushes fine on the grass and it is bad ass. Yep it is a little pricey, like the 13hp little wonder, but it works very well.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
11-26-2006, 08:57 AM
Has anyone gathered CFM ratings for these machines? On Billygoats website they have a video of their " Force " blowers against other blowers, blowing on bricks and cinderblocks.... looking at their video, that 13hp Force had WAY more power than any of the others. Even their 9 horse force had more power than bigger units from other companies...... Of course I don't believe everything I see on the internet either!

Rons Rightway Lawncare
11-27-2006, 08:52 PM
My lawnmower shop loaned me a brand new 8 horse Little Wonder to try out... now I remember why I was so fast to sell my last one a few years ago! Those things are a workout to push and pull over a lawn, especially one with hills!

799.00$ plus tax is what he wants for it if I decide to buy it, or I could get that Billy Goat Force blower with a 9 horse Robin on it, he said that one would cost me a grand plus tax. Not sure if I want one that bad, not sure how much use I will have out of it when it is so much easier to just go to town with my BR-600

Eclipse
11-27-2006, 09:10 PM
I do like a WB blower for certain properties but I find myself using a BP more often than not. I think if I had to do it over I would try one of the big BP's. I might purchase an Echo 751 ( I think that is the one with 1200cfm or airflow) for next season and see how that works.

RICHIE K
11-28-2006, 06:26 AM
We only use little wonder

grass_cuttin_fool
11-28-2006, 06:53 AM
My lawnmower shop loaned me a brand new 8 horse Little Wonder to try out... now I remember why I was so fast to sell my last one a few years ago! Those things are a workout to push and pull over a lawn, especially one with hills!

799.00$ plus tax is what he wants for it if I decide to buy it, or I could get that Billy Goat Force blower with a 9 horse Robin on it, he said that one would cost me a grand plus tax. Not sure if I want one that bad, not sure how much use I will have out of it when it is so much easier to just go to town with my BR-600

I have one also and it works fine on pavement but turf is another thing lol. Ive thought about the blower buggy from JRCO, I just want/need alot of toys/tools and the blower buggy is #3 on my list

wayne

BSDeality
11-28-2006, 08:15 AM
I have one also and it works fine on pavement but turf is another thing lol. Ive thought about the blower buggy from JRCO, I just want/need alot of toys/tools and the blower buggy is #3 on my list

waynego for the buggy. I picked up a Giant Vac buggy (same thing basically for half the price). It cut my fatigue down and I get 3 or 4 cleanups done a day now where i used to average 2. I keep a 10HP LW on th buggy and I push the 13hp force around in areas too tight for the buggy on the Z

re: 9hp force. My dealer said there is a $150 difference to jump from the 9hp robin to the 13 honda. I was going with the biggest possible any way, but the 9hp seems like a poor investment. overall the machine weighs the same as the 13hp honda so its not like you gain any "easy to manuever on the lawns with it"