PDA

View Full Version : Blower / VAC owners... stand up & be counted!

KindGardener
06-22-2001, 12:52 PM
After reading prior posts on the virtues of a handheld VAC for faster cleanup in flowerbeds (leaves, flowers, debris, trash) - I've decided to buy one.

Looking for current feedback on why you like/dislike the one(s) you have used - have narrowed it down to these:

Stihl SH 85

Echo Shred'N'Vac

Husqvarna 225BX

Comments?

awm
06-22-2001, 02:42 PM
if im cleaning a large area ,i prefer a good strong backpack for the increased air volume. for gutters dont like nothing on my back affecting balance. then i prefer the 200 mph hand held by poulan pro.
if i start to loose it on a house i can give that thing a sling.
later now.

KindGardener
06-22-2001, 02:57 PM
awm - thanks for your comments on the backpack blower, but I want info on hand-held VACS.

HOMER
06-22-2001, 03:32 PM
Get one, you won't regret it. I have the little Stihl BG 75 with the vac attachement. It is my lifesaver at commercial properties for trash pick-up. I can suck it up a whole lot faster than I can bend over and pick it up. Cleaning corners in parking lots where cig-butts pile up is a snap. Clippings that I don't mulch into submission with the chopper get vac'd up.

Good investment in my opinion.

TJLC
06-22-2001, 03:49 PM
I own an Echo shred and vac. Like Homer said, good investment. I havn't had real good luck in mulch beds, though, because it wants to suck up mulch along with clippings and clogs up. But along curbs it works great. It's also a real nice backup blower, just in case. Hope this helps a little.

KindGardener
06-22-2001, 11:38 PM
TJLC & Homer - thanks for the comments - I need to get my dealer to let me try one as a demo. It sounds like it can be a timesaver.

swn
06-23-2001, 01:00 AM
I think that it would be a good investment. I have a homelite :eek: and I like it, even though it is not that powerful. Must be why it is good at not sucking up mulch along with leaves and clippings.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-23-2001, 02:23 AM
got an echo

for $200 your waisting you time asking advice on an item you know your gona use no mater what

I baught one and did use it then gave it to my dad for fathers day barrowed it and never returned it now i use it all the time always can use a low powered blower

use it for fall clean ups to get in places you cant get in with a back pack haven't used the vac yet vac's on mowers work better

awm
06-23-2001, 07:46 AM
kindgardener,read my post again.i did address the handheld
along with a recommendation of what works for me in handheld
blowers. later now

KD'sLawns
06-23-2001, 08:27 AM
I like the handheld blower/vacs, they work great in beds.
Wish that someone would make a backpack vac. But, since no one does I am going the buy the Echo shred and vac today. I have had a Crapsman since before I started this business and really it has served it's purpose but it is heavy and started having trouble with it. If you are going to buy a vac, then make sure that the impeller has metal mulching blades and not just plastic. You will tear the plastic ones up first time you get a chunk of mulch in there. In my opinion though, a vac is essential and whatever make and model you buy, you will use it often. Hope that this helps you.

LiVe2
06-23-2001, 10:43 AM
I know little wonder used to make an attachment for there parking lot blowers so that you could vac too but they got rid of it so I will have to go out and buy a shred vac. Everything I use is Echo, they just hold up so good. So I guess I would buy the echo shred and vac

Paradise Yard Service
06-23-2001, 02:06 PM
I agree with Homer. Also works wonders on my dry river bed landscapes, and the way it cleans coral/cinder beds of leaves without blowing the rocks into the lawn or other beds is a must. Get used to the set up and you will wonder why you did'nt convert sooner. I have the echo set up as a designated vac and use other pac blower/handheld for blowing. Very few LCOs here use any kind of vac system here. A neighbor of my new account thanked me when he saw me vaccing up the leaves instead of sending them over to his place the way the old LCO used to do with his blower!

Go for it, your loosing money/time/thoroughness without!

Aloha,
P.Y.S.

lawncuttinfoo
07-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know if the echo es-210 and the es-230 have plastic or metal impellers?

mcwlandscaping
07-22-2006, 07:59 PM
ive got the shred n vac, waste of money, IMO all those are a waste of money.

mcwlandscaping
07-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if the echo es-210 and the es-230 have plastic or metal impellers?
plastic with metal leaf shreadder blades on them

lawnboy dan
07-22-2006, 08:26 PM
i love mine -great for shrub trimming cleanup

ThirdDay
07-22-2006, 11:53 PM
The Echo ES-2400 and now the ES-230's work great for us. We even use them to clean up the debris from hedge clipping.

FerrisDJB
11-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I've never really liked the idea of a combo anything. However I've used that Stihl before, borrowed it, loved it. The price new is alittle high but man it sure did the job with little effort. Powerful at both and easier to use as a vac than the piece of CRAP that died causing me to borrow the Stihl in the first place......Crapsman....any ideas....Crapsman....any ideas...Hey "AWM" that Poulan Pro/Crapsman aint worth my time nor breath to hoist up a ladder just to pitch it off a roof!!! Just another fun use of my Savage SS 12 gauge.......pull....bang bang!