PDA

View Full Version : Walker on Youtube!

KS_Grasscutter
11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Here is a video I just found on youtube. I guess it is a promo video for the Walkers. I have REALLY got to quit watching these types of things, makes me want one or two so bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2HZkmzWpsw

Fantasy Lawns
11-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Even after see'n in believe'n .... people still won't recognize how maneuverable in compact space this little work horse is

Can't match the speed of a mid mount ... that' what my DC or Lazer is fore .... but compact little yards with lots of obstacles .... hands down gotta be a top 3 ... n with the out front deck it's #1 if your cutting under trees, near cars, pool areas etc

N by the way this guy is working 1/2 the speed fore the catcher

crzymow
11-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I have one now and still want another. lol My help uses the one I have now most of the time because as far as I'm concerned it is the easiest mower i have to operate.

DixieFerris
11-27-2006, 11:11 PM
Makes me thank goodness I don't have one! And never will! 1/2 the speed, more expensive than my machines. Hooray for low productivity! Not this guy!

Josh.S
11-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Makes me thank goodness I don't have one! And never will! 1/2 the speed, more expensive than my machines. Hooray for low productivity! Not this guy!

Ditto....

Except I like the leaf catching contraption...

crzymow
11-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I love it when people put down mowers. I agree they arent the fastest mowers in the world, not meant to be. But for a lot of the lawns I do, I'd take it over any mower out there. I bag 90% of my lawns, and I can get my 48" deck in places i cant get my 36" walkbehind with my catcher on it, plus in the spring when the grass i growing like mad i dont have to spend my whole time walking back and forth to my truck to dump. To each is own, and I'd love to own anther walker!!

qualitylawnmanagement
11-28-2006, 10:15 PM
man I want one so bad. I love my Dixie's and won't own anything else but for smaller upscale property's that I would like to bag this would be the mower. I called up my dealer today 12,500 for a walker MT 48in GHS deck 26hp EFI:cry: .

ed2hess
11-28-2006, 10:43 PM
man I want one so bad. I love my Dixie's and won't own anything else but for smaller upscale property's that I would like to bag this would be the mower. I called up my dealer today 12,500 for a walker MT 48in GHS deck 26hp EFI:cry: .
Think used....I got mine for $1500 and got it going and I find this machine to be the best handling I ever had. This old man was doing the small islands with a 21" and now I can use my 36" Walker with a curb hopper. It may not be fast but seems to run fast enough for my bones.

DixieFerris
11-29-2006, 12:36 AM
You can bag with your Dixies, or any other machines. Even walk behinds are faster! AND FAR LESS EXPENSIVE!

Josh.S
11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
I love it when people put down mowers. I agree they arent the fastest mowers in the world, not meant to be. But for a lot of the lawns I do, I'd take it over any mower out there. I bag 90% of my lawns, and I can get my 48" deck in places i cant get my 36" walkbehind with my catcher on it, plus in the spring when the grass i growing like mad i dont have to spend my whole time walking back and forth to my truck to dump. To each is own, and I'd love to own anther walker!!

I never EVER EVER EVER bag lawns.. EVER.... IMHO in this area it is not a necessity except when for doing leaves, and even then we mulch before we bag... I guess if you bagged all day then it might be a good deal... because the trac vac's would be very inefficient for bagging regularly

crzymow
11-29-2006, 11:44 PM
DixieFerris, I know you can bag with dixie choppers and walkbehinds. Like i stated before though, I can get my 48" walker in places I cant get my 36" walkbehind in with the bagger on it. I also own a dixie chopper and love it as well, but it has its limitations as does the walker. I mow a lot of lawns between 6,000-12,000 sq. ft. and I have found my productivity is higher because I dont have to empty my grass from my catcher as often as I did with my walkbehind. Top end speed is no where as close as my dixie, but when you are doing smaller lawns, you dont have time to get to top speed with a dixie before you are turning anyhow and there is less trim work to do after mowing with the walker. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, you spend your money how you see best for your company, and I'll do the same.

ed2hess
11-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I never EVER EVER EVER bag lawns.. EVER.... IMHO in this area it is not a necessity except when for doing leaves, and even then we mulch before we bag... I guess if you bagged all day then it might be a good deal... because the trac vac's would be very inefficient for bagging regularly
It is easy to take the bagging deck off the Walker and put on the mulching deck....like 5 minutes. If our market would support a higher hourly rate I would have all Walkers.

walker/redmax
11-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I dont think that people that put the Walker down because it has a slower ground speed than midmounts really understand what it was made for. Statements like that have been made a thousand times on this site. THE WALKER WAS NOT ENGINEERED TO BE THE FASTEST (GROUND SPEED) MOWER ON THE MARKET! Now, I realize that the mower is not for people who do mostly wide open area mowing but for me and many other LCOs who service small to medium size residential and commercial accounts the Walker fits perfectly.:cool2:

greengiant9963
11-30-2006, 09:40 PM
In one of the area's that I work I see alot of guys running walker's. I think they have there place like any other mower out there. One thing I have always been impressed with is there quality of cut.

crab
11-30-2006, 09:58 PM
id just like to mention how stupid that superman sound track was mmmkay.

Josh.S
12-07-2006, 08:57 PM
It is easy to take the bagging deck off the Walker and put on the mulching deck....like 5 minutes. If our market would support a higher hourly rate I would have all Walkers.

If our market would support higher hourly rate, then I would just make more money per hour. My customers are plenty happy with me NOT bagging and the cut of my mowers...