PDA

View Full Version : Mid Atlantic/North East - How many cuts do you average per year?

Lawn-Scapes
06-22-2001, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking about changing my billing system to a monthly invoice instead of charging per cut... This is the start of my third year back here in Maryland.. The first being a drought, last year seemed normal and this year has started out really wet... so it's kinda hard to come up with a solid number of cuts. I'm thinking 30.

Does anyone else bill monthly? How many cuts do you tell your clients they'll receive?

Thanks.....

Chopper Lover
06-22-2001, 04:51 PM
I figured on April 1 - October 15 at 30 cuts. I also mow as needed from there on out with one last cut in mid November to keep the lawn looking nice all winter long.

If there is a drought it will be less mowings. If it rains more, well, I still go every 7th day unless they make a special request. If it is an annual contract and I am bored (that NEVER happens!) I may consider doing it once in between my weekly visits.

Mark

kutnkru
06-22-2001, 10:07 PM
Numbers fluxuate but typically a wet season should generate 32 cuts from 1 April thru Thanksgivng week. For a normal season you should average 28 cuts and for a dry season 24.

Hope this helps.
Kris

Chip
06-22-2001, 10:16 PM
I have been told that here in souteast Pa an average is 27 cuts per season. That is the figures that the big boys use for commercial accounts, it's just here say, but seems to be close to what I have done in the past 12 years for treated lawns.

CMerLand
06-23-2001, 01:38 AM
We hit 30 cuts most every year.

Our calendar runs from April 1 to November 15th (although thats not a drop dead date) and there are 34 weeks between those dates. Usually lose one at the beginning and end of the season due to slow greenup spring/ leaves in the fall.

Irrigated lawns dont dry out in the summer so those contracts are figured for 32 cuts. Non irrigated comes in about 30.

CMerLand