PDA

View Full Version : In a need for a new Trailer? HELP!!

ScottsQLS
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey guys I have been in the business for about 3 years now and this past fall I picked up a new John Deere mower, but there was one problem when I tried to get it on the trailer with the bagging unit, it didnít really fit. I currently have a 6 Ĺ x 12 and the mower only has about a half inch on each side of it when itís on the trailer. This made it extremely hard for me to get it on and off the trail. Just wanted to know if there are any good trailer places in the metro area of Minnesota that I should be looking at. If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks guys for all your help

Also I am selling the old trailer really cheap if anyone is interested just reply. Iím selling it for only $300 need to get rid of it to make room for the new one.

jbailey52
12-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Trailers, are one piece of equipment I usually never buy new to save serious $$$ Check papers, ebay, and expecially craigslist.. have bout about 5 from there

DUSTYCEDAR
12-10-2006, 01:30 PM
trailers r the one thing i always buy new so i can get them built to my specs and i know they up to snuff

jbailey52
12-10-2006, 04:23 PM
well there you go... two diff opinions.. but from what I understand you dont need an expensive custom built trailer for one or two mowers

BQLC
12-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Trailers around here are expensive both new and used I think it has somthing to do with the recostruction But da#m there high

jbailey52
12-11-2006, 05:54 PM
See not me.. We bought a 8 x 21 tandem axle, brakes, the whole deal, for $900... it was $4100 new... it needed new gate material.. cost $100.. saved tons

Grass-Masters
12-15-2006, 04:48 PM
ya I would buy used, I bought a 7x16 tandem axel, brakes, trimmer racks, tool holder, for $1200. I checked local trailer store for price on comparible unit, quoted $4500. Saved a bunch.

MattsMowing3535
12-18-2006, 12:27 AM
I am interested and really really need the trailer! Do you have pictures of it I could see?

Pro-Scapes
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey guys I have been in the business for about 3 years now and this past fall I picked up a new John Deere mower, but there was one problem when I tried to get it on the trailer with the bagging unit, it didn’t really fit. I currently have a 6 Ĺ x 12 and the mower only has about a half inch on each side of it when it’s on the trailer. This made it extremely hard for me to get it on and off the trail. Just wanted to know if there are any good trailer places in the metro area of Minnesota that I should be looking at. If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks guys for all your help

Also I am selling the old trailer really cheap if anyone is interested just reply. I’m selling it for only $300 need to get rid of it to make room for the new one.

Thats cheap.. Im looking to sell my 6/5x12 with trimmer racks and gorilla lift with new tires nd paint for about 725 pm me if anyones interested Im going to paint it this week.

Six8
12-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Thats cheap.. Im looking to sell my 6/5x12 with trimmer racks and gorilla lift with new tires nd paint for about 725 pm me if anyones interested Im going to paint it this week.
Hey Pro-Scapes! I may be intrested in your trailer.Do you have any pics of it?What year,Make etc.

ScottsQLS
12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Mattsmowing3535
ill get the pictures posted by this weekend, the trailer is currently out in storage. the trailer has a gate lift assit on it right now which i am also selling with it, it makes the gate seem weight less. i wasnt sure if i was selling that with it before so the price might go up. sorry

MattsMowing3535
12-19-2006, 08:54 AM
What would/will the price go up to? I am ok and understand if the price goes up some. I will be gone wed.-fri. If you can pm already I will send you a message tonight.

Grass-Masters
12-19-2006, 11:38 PM
thats a good deal on a trailer, to bad I don't need one right now. I am sure it will go fast.

Ramairfreak98ss
02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Trailers, are one piece of equipment I usually never buy new to save serious $$$ Check papers, ebay, and expecially craigslist.. have bout about 5 from there

Ive bought a used open trailer and a brand new enclosed... to each their own there are benefits to both.

My open trailer i got for $1200, needed some cosmetic work i invested, installed d ring clips, wheel brake assembly, recovery winch parts and new lights/wires. All in all its a tough arse trailer for the money, even for $1800 its good, but yeah its "old" but has its uses.

Ive seen PLENTY of used trailers, my open is a 1986, yeah it looks old but great condition, no rust visible. Ive looked at used 2004/2005 open trailers and id be EMBARASSED to pull up to somones house with my lawn equiptment on it, i swore they were 1995s sitting in salt water near the ocean. :dizzy:

look on ebay youll see what i mean mostly. Yeah you can find good deals, but if its not a knock out deal all the way, id buy new with a warranty and i take great care of my stuff :)

supercuts
02-12-2007, 08:28 AM
i have a pace summit 6.5x18 enclosed lanscape trailer. with the bagger on my 61" ztr it wouldnt even fit through the door, until my employee ran over one of the cables that lift the ramp door. suddenly it squeezes through rubbing on both sides. i loveeeeee my enclosed trailer though, i did get used , guy bought it, drove to FL, came back traded it in on a bigger one, saved over $1500