PDA

View Full Version : Possible good employee idea

Frontier-Lawn
11-28-2006, 12:09 AM
I have a idea for good employees, to get good reliable employees just hire military vets returning from active duty. preferably marines or seals, & special ops. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Uranus
11-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Sounds good until they have a flash back when your mower backfires. I would hire a vet being a vet myself. Anyone in my area need a job in the spring? let me know and I'll help you out.

Frontier-Lawn
11-28-2006, 12:33 AM
i'm thinking a 22-35yr olds after there 4 yr tour :rolleyes:

CAG
11-28-2006, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=Williams LC]Sounds good until they have a flash back when your mower backfires. I would hire a vet being a vet myself. Anyone in my area need a job in the spring? let me know and I'll help you out.[/QUO
lol lol lol

Uranus
11-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Most of these guys have seen and experienced things that you/we would have nightmares about. War is a very scarry thing. I used to drive the M1A1 tank, I've heard many stories about desert storm.

Az Gardener
11-28-2006, 01:37 AM
The military trains them pretty well and they usually have more options. I have tried many times no luck yet.

HOOLIE
11-28-2006, 01:51 AM
The military trains them pretty well and they usually have more options. I have tried many times no luck yet.

That's what I was thinking...face it an entry-level job cutting grass is for someone without many other options. Can't picture too many Navy SEALS working for $8 an hour.

rodfather
11-28-2006, 07:30 AM
That's what I was thinking...face it an entry-level job cutting grass is for someone without many other options. Can't picture too many Navy SEALS working for $8 an hour.

That is exactly what I was thinking and I pay more than double that.

Cutman007
11-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I have a idea for good employees, to get good reliable employees just hire military vets returning from active duty. preferably marines or seals, & special ops. Anyone have thoughts on this?
At first I thought this was a dumb post..Marines, Seals, or Special ops. cutting lawns or any entry level job?? Well, I went to visit my son at Camp LeJeune NC for Thanksgiving. We talked about what kind of job opportunities for the Military when they get out. He said alot of them re-up because they go back home and can't find a half descent job period! My son has a wife and two kids and gets out in two years. He wants to come back home to Florida and will need a good job with benefits. I'm going to do whatever it takes to build my Company and make him a partner or just let him take over the business.

Az Gardener
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
At first I thought this was a dumb post..Marines, Seals, or Special ops. cutting lawns or any entry level job?? Well, I went to visit my son at Camp LeJeune NC for Thanksgiving. We talked about what kind of job opportunities for the Military when they get out. He said alot of them re-up because they go back home and can't find a half descent job period! My son has a wife and two kids and gets out in two years. He wants to come back home to Florida and will need a good job with benefits. I'm going to do whatever it takes to build my Company and make him a partner or just let him take over the business.

It would be great to know how to let these fellas know that there is work for them. A way to target them for advertising career opportunities. I have talked to recruiters around here and got no where. There are companies that do pay well, have benefits and offer career opportunities. Its not the just a job its a career. If your son could make suggestions that would be great.

Thank him for his service, we all appreciate it.

gilatplc
11-28-2006, 11:08 AM
i'm thinking a 22-35yr olds after there 4 yr tour :rolleyes:

That would be great but if they really wonted to do maintenance and landscaping, instead of working for you at minimum wage they would more them likely just start their owe company like the other Marines I know.

I always love to watch T.V and see that commercial from the Army about how it will feather they education and get then in to a better cerarr, Then there is my friend of 7 years how is now a Navy recruiter kid is richer then hell and all he can talk about is how the navy is best and how they can guaranty a job after service.

Make me think since all of the ex military friend I have never had any assistance from the military when they got out?

wiggins
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
So why can you only hire marines, seals or special ops??? whats wrong with army vets?? are we not good enough:usflag: also in personal experience be very cautious on which vets you hire because all they (we) want to do is just get seroiusly drunk all the time and especially not work!! just a tip.:drinkup:

Cutman007
11-28-2006, 06:50 PM
It would be great to know how to let these fellas know that there is work for them. A way to target them for advertising career opportunities. I have talked to recruiters around here and got no where. There are companies that do pay well, have benefits and offer career opportunities. Its not the just a job its a career. If your son could make suggestions that would be great.

Thank him for his service, we all appreciate it.

Thank You Az, This is a interesting topic. Could be a good situation for all. (Army Vets too!) I've got to put my thinking cap on..

All-Tex Landscaping
11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Listen guys, hiring vets would be great but they are not going to get out and work for $10 an hour give or take a few. Most go to college when they get out. I just got back from Iraq earlier in the year and I own my landscaping company now but I wouldn't work for somebody. The military gives us discipline and teaches us to set goals therefore most go to college or get nicer jobs.

Dunn's
11-29-2006, 10:38 AM
To the ones who say the $10 to 16 dollars is not enough. I guess you have never been in the military. Do you know how little it pays? There is only one problem with finding military for employees most of the guys who work hard and are worth a damn are lifers stay in until the hit sgt major or get rifted. There are still a lot of idiots in the military especially the ones who just joined for college money. They ussually cry alot about how hard everything is. Also remember just because you where in the military doesn't mean you aren't a crook,drunk,or all around lazy. Thats why they have article 15's and hand them out like candy. Just my .02 cents take it or leave it.