PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather

spcfoor
11-28-2006, 03:30 PM
We are going to get some cold and snowy weather Wed and Thur. I have several clean-ups to do on Sat. Will my mowers be okay out in the weather if I put a tarp over them. I have a place to store them but not until Dec.

DLCS
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
They will be fine, just put a tarp on them. Also, you may want to put some steel wool or aluminum foil in the exhaust openings and air breather opening. Just to keep the mice out if it gets really cold.

GravelyGuy
11-28-2006, 04:13 PM
There are a few dealers around here that leave the ZTR's out year around and they are fine. Not going to be good for them and it will probably shorten the life of some bearings etc. but you should be just fine for a little while.

spcfoor
11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the info

walker/redmax
11-28-2006, 07:25 PM
We are going to get some cold and snowy weather Wed and Thur. I have several clean-ups to do on Sat. Will my mowers be okay out in the weather if I put a tarp over them. I have a place to store them but not until Dec.
If that is the same storm that is hitting Colorado right now, you guys are in for it. About an hour or two ago it started pounding and isn't supposed to let up until Thursday. We are supposed to get 6in. to a foot of snow in the north and the southern part of the state is supposed to get between one and two feet. I would say that your equipment is probably going to be alright under a tarp. Just a heads up warning. :drinkup: