PDA

View Full Version : leaf clean-up in the woods?

godzilla
11-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Any of you guys ever clean up the leaves in wooded areas? This one house in a town we do work in, every spring they have all the leaves hauled out of their woods. EVERY leaf. The guys doing it use a bunch of roll offs to get the leaves out. Usually takes them at least a week. We're talking several acres of woods here.

LawnScapers of Dayton
11-29-2006, 09:25 AM
without knowing more .......that may be the sillest thing I have ever heard. I guess there could be a reason.

DBL
11-29-2006, 09:28 AM
yeah thats kinda over kill to me but leaf clean up is a leaf clean up they suck but they keep you busy and you still make money so if he wants the woods cleaned out charge accordingly

Jpocket
11-29-2006, 09:33 AM
I would RUN RUN far far away if sobody wanted me to clean-up leaves in a heavily wooded area, especially if they said "every leaf" They would have to offer like $15,000 for me to do it.

wahlturfcare
11-29-2006, 09:51 AM
i have one customer that it clean out about 300ft into the woods behind their house. but i usually blow it farther into the woods when they are not there.

WJW Lawn
11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Clearing leaves from the woods....hmmmm Now that's one Ive never heard before. lol

Kate Butler
11-29-2006, 04:03 PM
I would confer with them and explain the advantages to the health of the forest by leaving the leaves in place and then selling them shredding services instead ..... maintaining the health of the forest AND giving it a classy, mulched appearance AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

GravelyGuy
11-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Pictures are a must

godzilla
11-29-2006, 05:56 PM
It's kind of hard to get pictures right now seeing as how they won't do this until about April or May. It's also not my account... but if it was I'd sell them on wood chips for the entire area.

WJW Lawn
11-29-2006, 06:36 PM
It doesnt make much sense to take the woods natural mulch away. Just weird.

DBL
11-30-2006, 09:19 AM
however if they do it every year you wont have the molded 5 year old leaves under there and the solid dirt ground it easier to blow leaves across than grass

Groomer
11-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I have a guy, non regular customer, that I do the leaf pick up only. He lives on a completely wooded lot, covered with oak trees. This year I filled the truck twice from his place alone!

procut
11-30-2006, 12:01 PM
I have neighbor that lives a few house over, who lives in a woods. He just bought the house last winter. This fall he spent every weeked out there with an electric plug in blower, blowing leaves around. The only thing is, everytime I would drive by, I could see very little progress.

Alta Lawn Care
12-02-2006, 03:06 PM
One of my clients has a 3/4 acre lot with maybe 1/4 acre wooded. He wanted it cleaned out so I charged him $350 and did it. Funny, he offered to help me so I gave him the back pack blower to run while I ran the Quik-Trak!

The sticks and bruch piles were a problem. Luckily, he didn't want every leaf gone. I left a lot of leaves in the brush piles especially. A friend of mine in NJ told me that he had a client ask him to remove leaves from woods and they thought it looked worse when he was done. I'd have to agree, the woods look better with leaves.

Ramairfreak98ss
12-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I would RUN RUN far far away if sobody wanted me to clean-up leaves in a heavily wooded area, especially if they said "every leaf" They would have to offer like $15,000 for me to do it. yeah i know lol.

I recommend to customers to have some brushcutting done first, youd be suprised how much easier the leaf cleanup is then. but its going to cost them brushcutting plus leaf cleanup fees.

leaf cleanup in woods would easily cost more than both together and especially if theyre anal, like every leaf, common, how about this.

charge $60 per man hour, send out 3 guys to blow the leaves then hand pickup each and every last leaf... 80hrs x$60hr then lol