PDA

View Full Version : Rubber hardscaping

Dirty Water
11-29-2006, 03:33 PM
http://www.rubbersidewalks.com/default.aspx

Anyone seen this?

I like the idea, but they installation guide they give for this is a bunch of crap. I could see these things being very heaved up installed the way they suggest.

They also say that its ok to notch the paver and lay them over roots :confused:

RedWingsDet
12-03-2006, 11:09 AM
I think that stuff looks silly. Plus I bet you can only use it in warmer climates where it doesnt get cold to where it'd contract and expland. The thing about the tree notching is a joke, that'll never work in the long run. Plus I bet a plow would tear those right off. And it just looks lame with all those "cuts"

Mark Hutchison
12-08-2006, 05:00 PM
I think it is great idea!!!! I just wish those folks could control their product to closer tolerances. How do you lay a paver with a + or - 1/4 " variance in size. Also, the pins on the side will be a problem. I hope these problems can be solved because I love the idea of using up old tires however we can. I would like to see them staggered when they are layed. I guess you can only lay them side by side?

jamo1911
12-12-2006, 10:31 PM
I just finished a rubber paver project. My customer saw them at a horse race track years ago and wanted it so I looked it up and went for it. They are glued to the existing concrete with a special glue that was supplied with the pavers. I only had to patch a few crack and small potholes.
Most importantly she loved it.