PDA

View Full Version : Bid question

chuck bow
11-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Never had to bid one like this but only thing i have to go on are the prints as building hasnt been built yet and i will only be a sub on the mowing .There is going to be 86000 ft of turf area to mow with about 30 min of line trimming as its going to be landscaped around trees building ect . Just need a rough ball park fig on how you would bid this . Iam usally right on if ( key word if ) i can see the property and turf area s involved but this time it just isnt going to happen Thanks in advance

chuck bow
11-29-2006, 08:14 PM
No responses ? surely someone has some ideas

Precision
11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
can we see the layout. It might help

my concerns would be how hilly / swale filled it is. How tight the beds are. are there any 21" only areas. Do they have the stupid water retention edges that are mandatory here now. (1 ft high rim around the sides and rear of the property that need 21" or worse line trimmed.)

Do they have any similar properties that are already completed that you could visualize?

chuck bow
11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
Going to look at prints this am , Its like a crap shoot at this point my guess is to bid it high and if i get it fine just need to cover my butt