PDA

View Full Version : striping

Alanky
06-23-2001, 12:42 AM
im thinking about making a striping kit for my 48 inch exmark viking, but before i do i gotta few questions. first of all should the chains be as wide as the mower deck? im guessing i should drag about 4-6 links if i can with out running over it with my sulky. Last of all, some of my customers have some clover and violets in their yards, does that effect the striping? or should i spray their yards? Sorry if these are dumb questions, i did a search and answered a few of my questions, but these have still got me wondering.:confused:

Guido
06-23-2001, 07:28 PM
You can make the chains as wide as the deck if you want, that would probobly work best. The only problem besides running them over with your sulky would be backing over them with your mower. Once you figure out how long they can be without causing trouble, it should be easy from there. Check out www.elmlawnsite.com if you haven't already. Eric has some great info on this subject.

Fine Lines Lawn
06-23-2001, 10:52 PM
Good ideas from Guido plus; definately get rid of the weeds. Weeds don't strip very well.