PDA

View Full Version : Sidekick FM Universal Remote

RHayden
11-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Looking at possibly picking up a Sidekick FM24 Universal Remote. Anyone have experience with this unit? Pros and cons?

PurpHaze
11-30-2006, 09:39 AM
The Sidekick appears to be comparable to the Eicon remote system. Our Eicon works good but the main problem with any remote system is the interface between the controller and your receiver that hooks to it. You'll need to establish this interface and since there are so many types of controllers you'll need a lot of versatility.

I presented the first draft of our irrigation construction standards to the boss and he's accepted that we will spec out the Hunter ACC as our controller for now on. The consistent cabinet size, modular upgrade system, central controls compatibility and ET based watering availability are all a plus as well as the Smart Port for accepting the Hunter remote receiver.

brookviewlawncare
11-30-2006, 07:49 PM
I have the sidekick and it works good

laylow1994
12-03-2006, 02:20 PM
i have the rainmaster remote with the universal adapter... works great no complaints... very good distance....

Hank Reardon
12-04-2006, 12:41 AM
i have the rainmaster remote with the universal adapter... works great no complaints... very good distance....

Same here.

Remote Pigtails
01-17-2007, 12:02 PM
For all you remote users. I'm going to have a button put under irrigation to find me quickly but I sell pigtails for universal remotes. My web site is www.remotepigtails.com. I've used remotes since RAINMASTER came out with their first one and they are the MOST important tool in our service trucks. Every job we see for the first time gets a pigtail installed and we don't ask for the customers permission. I service about 90% residential and I would estimate that we've got over a thousand of our customers hooked up for remotes. What makes this work is going the pigtail at a reasonable price which is where I come in. Hopefully this will be a constructive part of your business as it has been to mine.

laylow1994
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
hey there what are your prices on your pigtails..... the people we use here in tampa florida always gives us the run around....

Remote Pigtails
01-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Go to www.remotepigtails.com. I give volume discounts. This is it in a nutshell.
100 or more items
12 station 13.90 ea, 24 station 17.50 ea, 32 station 27 ea.and no shipping charge

20 to 99 items
12 sta 16.00 ea, 24 sta 20.00 ea, 32 sta 30.00 ea and 20.00 dollars shipping

Less than 20 items
12 sta 21.00 ea, 24 sta 26.00 ea, 32 sta 32.00 ea and 10.00 dollars shipping.

I use paypal so I have to have cutoff amounts. Obviously no one is going to buy 99 items because it is cheaper to just move up to a hundred items. I ship priority mail and try to keep good stock. Right now I'm backordered on the 32 station which should be delivered in a week but have plenty of everything else.I've been using this manufacturer for three years so I trust them to deliver. You can also download an order form at the web site. Give these a try, I think you will be pleased.