PDA

View Full Version : Buying this week Mini SuperZ vs. Lazer Z HP

kearneywalnut
11-30-2006, 01:06 AM
So I am going to be buying a new ZTR this week. I am looking for an end of the season deal. I am currently thinking of either a

Hustler mini Superz with a 52" deck (not the xr-7) and the 24hp honda $7000

Exmark Lazer Z HP with the 56" Triton and the 27HP Kohler. $7300

I am very happy with my Older Lazer Z 52 Trivantage with a 25 kohler, I really like the cut of the exmark, I have heard the complaints about the cut of the triton deck, but supposedly the blade speedup kit and extra baffle or whatever should cure most of those problems.

On the hustler I liked the smaller footprint, but the clamshell bagger option will not work for me, I need to get the grass into the truck, so the 2 bagger ultravac seems like a better option, also the size of the discharge chute on the Hustler was ridiculously small, and the 4" deep deck didn't seem to be enough. The larger hydro pumps the oil cooler, and the suspension seat on the hustler also were nice, as well as the flexfork option.

But due to the bagging issues I think I am going to go with the Exmark, is that a good price, the reason I am buying now is the end of the year price, and unfortunately there is no grass left to test out either of the mowers on.

nobagger
11-30-2006, 05:04 AM
Thats a really good price on the Exmark. We just ordered our Lazer HP w/a 50" and a 27hp Kholer and the price was 8250.00

MTR
11-30-2006, 07:27 AM
With that price, I would go with Toro turboforce 52/27 koh. The turboforce is proven and very popular. Toro owns exmark. Triton sucks.
52/27 is monster for the deck size...

MattsMowing3535
11-30-2006, 07:42 AM
The super mini z goes 13 mph :rolleyes: Id say either way you have a good deal. You could always drive down south to a freinds and demo both of them!

greengiant9963
11-30-2006, 08:10 AM
I think you can't go wrong with either mower. In my opinion I would go with the exmark for main reason being that you are running a ultra vac system on it. I think you will be happier power wise with the 27 kohler. Alot less bogging down in spring growth and heavy leaves.

kearneywalnut
11-30-2006, 08:33 AM
With that price, I would go with Toro turboforce 52/27 koh. The turboforce is proven and very popular. Toro owns exmark. Triton sucks.
52/27 is monster for the deck size...

I have heard the Triton Sucks before, I just don't understand what issues it is having that makes it suck, an extra 1/2" inch of deck depth from 5.5 to 6inches doesn't seem like it could mess anything up that much. Have you used one and had it suck?

Are you saying that 27HP is a ton for a 52" deck? I have a 25 on a 52" and up here in Maine I can bog it down pretty good sometimes, I was going to buy a used one but the only one I could find was a 60/20hp which is ridiculous.

MTR
11-30-2006, 12:33 PM
I have heard the Triton Sucks before, I just don't understand what issues it is having that makes it suck, an extra 1/2" inch of deck depth from 5.5 to 6inches doesn't seem like it could mess anything up that much. Have you used one and had it suck?

Are you saying that 27HP is a ton for a 52" deck? I have a 25 on a 52" and up here in Maine I can bog it down pretty good sometimes, I was going to buy a used one but the only one I could find was a 60/20hp which is ridiculous.

They don't sell many of those Triton like they did a few years on ultradeck. Dealers that carry them, every time I am in shop for parts, still carry them on floor, nobody buys them. People who just bought a few months are trying to get rid of them, dumping so cheap for 6 months old mowers. They cut good in a few climate but they are not all around ass-kicking deck to deal with.
Things that don't sell, have reasons for that.
27hp is the most for 52" deck. As far as I have known of, everyone who has 27 hp on 52" love them like gold. I have 23kawi on my 52" Gravely, and for me it is pretty good all around.

kearneywalnut
11-30-2006, 07:33 PM
So I bought a Lazer Z HP with the 56" deck 27 Kohler today, UltraVac bagging system, $8769 with the bagging unit because there was a $500 discount for the combination purchase through the end of November. Plus I don't have to pay until May which is nice because maybe the lousy 1/3 of my clients who are always late will have paid for their fall cleanups by May.

Plus the dealer is going to store it inside his building all winter for me, I have too many mowers as it is, not enough garage space. I can't wait to see how that triton deck works in the spring...

gilatplc
11-30-2006, 11:49 PM
To the people that say that the Triton mowing system suck are oblivious to the fact that eXmark has fix this problem with updated pullieys to get the BTS up to 18,500 BTS is makes this deck just as good as there other decks.

kearneywalnut, You will love this mower I believe it is well built and a quality piece of equipment

kearneywalnut
12-01-2006, 09:34 AM
I just hope it goes 9.5mph like some of the literature says, other places it says 8.1 which will make me quite unhappy, like Exmark Credit just did, they wouldn't finance the entire purchase price, hell I can sign up for a random credit card any day of the week and get $15,000 of credit....

gilatplc
12-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I just hope it goes 9.5mph like some of the literature says, other places it says 8.1 which will make me quite unhappy, like Exmark Credit just did, they wouldn't finance the entire purchase price, hell I can sign up for a random credit card any day of the week and get $15,000 of credit....

I have never checked my MPH but its not slow and its rare that I use full stick anyway.
That weird about that Exmark credit I have never herd of that.

greengiant9963
12-01-2006, 12:26 PM

I have a lawn where it is 2 acres or open mowing. With the LZ HP Side by side with a full size lazer Z it is just a hair slower than the lazer Z which is said to have a 10mph speed. One thing that is great about the HP is that it is very compact. Go in alot of smaller lawns that the other full size Z's won't. This mower you can use on large, medium, and small lawns.

Sleepy
12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I have the 2007 LZ HP w/27 Kohler and 50 inch deck and love it. Fast clean cuts. Good for cleanups too. I just hang an XL Accelerator off the side but might get the factory bagger eventually.