PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Plow Pics?

Strongmd
11-30-2006, 04:59 AM
I'd like to see pics of leaf plows. Looking for ideas, especially on walker mowers. I used to own the jrco and I'm not too crazy about it. My guys push with their Walkers, as they are. It works ok, but I think I'd like to fab something better, but not as big and unwieldy as the jrco. Has anyone made a leaf plow for their walker using the quick attach walker dethatcher frame?

I was thinking that something 4' wide with two 1' wide wings, that could fold-out to 45 degrees?

Matts lawn care
11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
www.jrcoinc.com they have some pics and a few clips of it in action.

yardmanlee
11-30-2006, 07:57 AM
I have some pics of a plow that I built for my john deere w/b email me for them be happy to help ya !!!

jeffex
11-30-2006, 08:00 AM
who needs a plow just lower the deck and push away. I use my 48" wb last sun to move impressive piles into the woods.

BSDeality
11-30-2006, 09:44 AM
who needs a plow just lower the deck and push away. I use my 48" wb last sun to move impressive piles into the woods.I did that for a while before I got my plow. It will work, but there are down sides. it rips up the turf. You can't steer for crap when the piles get big. Very prone to getting hung up on the belly (i used a z so i can't just pop it off like a WB). I would find myself getting stuck on a pile of leaves in the woods. Not the best place to get stuck with a ripping hot muffler touching or nearly touching leaves. A guy here lost his Z and burnt up a tree cause he got stuck on a pile and it got lit up.

Even though I think JRCO is over priced for what it is, it is very good. I can maneuver very well and I don't get stuck like I used to. I did have to re-inforce my mounting because i bent it to hell

procut
11-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Leaf Plow????

Sorry, couldn't resist:)

wahlturfcare
11-30-2006, 12:29 PM
heres a pic of the plow setups that i make and sell.

wahlturfcare
11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
i made mine so when it is folded in it will fit through a 36'' gate and open to 60''. it also folds flat onto the dock. I dont have a newer pic with the lift hande and scalp wheels yet.

Runner
11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Nice. hey, what do you use at the bottom, there? Is it just rubber flap?

Strongmd
12-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Nice leaf plow, do you have a walker mower handy? and the tine rake dethatcher? If you could fab something like that, only half as high, that would mount to the frame of the walker detatcher (so that it's easy on/off) you've got a buyer. I was thinking that it should be 4' wide with two 1' wings that fold out to 45 degrees, like yours. I'd like them to fold in for gates/transport/extremely heavy leaves.

Let me know.

thanks!

Uranus
12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Leaf Plow????

Sorry, couldn't resist:)

Thats funny, but I'v done that too. Used to do a comercial with a row hedges with a fence behind them with woods behind the fence. We would blow the leaves out to the parking lot and push with the plow down to the end of the fence and into the woods.:laugh:

wahlturfcare
12-06-2006, 11:37 AM
runner, sorry for the delay getting back to you. havent gotten a email notice from here. I use wrestling mats for the bottom as they are soft against the ground.
Strongmd, i can make you one. i know a couple guys who have walker mowers and can get some measurements from theirs for you. do you have a pic of your mounting bar just to make sure his is the same?