PDA

View Full Version : New equipment ordered

johndeereguy
11-30-2006, 10:09 AM
I ordered my new equipment today for the 2007 season/ Of course it is all John Deere. I ordered 3 John Deere 997 72" diesel z traks, 1 John Deere 777 27hp gas with a 60". Also oreder a John Deere 4720 tractor with factory cab. This is the first time I have ever replaced all of the equipment at once. I am now going to be looking forward to spring even more. (after i get cought up on a little rest)

BSDeality
11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
what kind of acreage do you cut a week?

Tim Wright
11-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Pictures when it all comes in!!!!!

And tell us a little about your business. It sounds like you have it going on!

Tim

johndeereguy
11-30-2006, 10:49 PM
I cut around 300 acres a week. Most of it is wide open areas where the Land Pride batwing is the main mower. I do a lot of school, truck stops, and city athletic fields.

rodfather
12-01-2006, 12:46 AM
I never liked replacing everything in the same year and always made sure NOT to get caught in that situation. How is it you know what exactly what you will need 4 months from now? Are you actually putting money down on new equipment or just talking outloud?

johndeereguy
12-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Well, considering I traded in all of the same equipment that I purchased, I think know what I need. I usually trade off almost everything every year, and for sure every 2 years.

lawncuttinfoo
12-01-2006, 11:28 AM
If you exchange equipment each year or 2, no sense on ever doing any maintenance like oil/air filter changes or blade balancing.

Remind me never to buy used (especially John deer) equipment.

J&R Landscaping
12-01-2006, 02:42 PM
What kinda diesel engines are on them z traks? Are the yanmars by chance?

jtkplc
12-01-2006, 05:21 PM
What kinda diesel engines are on them z traks? Are the yanmars by chance?

Yes, they are Yanmar diesels.

rodfather
12-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes, they are Yanmar diesels.

Shop Foreman at my dealer told me they are loud. True or false?

wall
12-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Seems to me like you should be baling that 300 acres for hay. I guess that is why my Taxes are so high I got to pay for your new (######) toys!!!! every year!!!!!

Idealtim
12-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Lucky b******....

That's all I have to say!

gene gls
12-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I ordered my new equipment today for the 2007 season/ Of course it is all John Deere. I ordered 3 John Deere 997 72" diesel z traks, 1 John Deere 777 27hp gas with a 60". Also oreder a John Deere 4720 tractor with factory cab. This is the first time I have ever replaced all of the equipment at once. I am now going to be looking forward to spring even more. (after i get cought up on a little rest)

Is the diesel Z PTO speed the same as the gas Z PTO speed???

seacoastlandscape
12-01-2006, 11:00 PM
If you exchange equipment each year or 2, no sense on ever doing any maintenance like oil/air filter changes or blade balancing.

Not true at all

J&R Landscaping
12-01-2006, 11:32 PM

I dont kn ow how many hours you put on your mowers each season but for 2 seasons of use, I cant say it would be very smart to abuse them and not maintian them.

What can a few oil changes, air cleaners spark plugs and fuel filters go for. $150 per year (on the high end)

I dont know about you but $150 aint gonna make me or brake me...........:confused: :hammerhead:

johndeereguy
12-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Sorry for the uproar here on Lawn Site. Seems like everyone else talkes about what they are buying or have bought. I just thought I would do the same. First of all, I do all the maintenance on my own equipment. Oil is changed at least every 80 hours on the diesels, and every 50 on the gas mower. Fuel and air filters are changed every 300 hours. This equipment has between 500 and 1000 hours on it in 1 or 2 season. My one 997 is 1 year old and has 900 hours. Tractor is less than 1 year old and has 700 hours on it. As far as taxes go, all my accounts are open bids, and I am by far the cheepest. Sorry if I offended anyone on here, buyt I guess I am done posting things if this is the reaction I get.

green acres lawns
12-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Is the 37ft trailer used to transport the 4720 with the 16ft batwing? I know my 20ft flat bed is just long enough for my 4700 and 6ft bush-hog. My 4700 has a Yanmar diesel(very good engine), but you 4720 should have John Deeres' power tech engine. I'm still watching to see how well they hold up. Anyway, good luck with your new fleet. I demoed the 997 and liked how it felt, but bought a Scag sabretooth instead because of the steep hills I have to mow.

Grits
12-02-2006, 12:59 AM
I think they were joking with you. Everyone loves to hear about equipment and the like. Equipment is just about the main topic of discussion on this site.

Sorry for the uproar here on Lawn Site. Seems like everyone else talkes about what they are buying or have bought. I just thought I would do the same. First of all, I do all the maintenance on my own equipment. Oil is changed at least every 80 hours on the diesels, and every 50 on the gas mower. Fuel and air filters are changed every 300 hours. This equipment has between 500 and 1000 hours on it in 1 or 2 season. My one 997 is 1 year old and has 900 hours. Tractor is less than 1 year old and has 700 hours on it. As far as taxes go, all my accounts are open bids, and I am by far the cheepest. Sorry if I offended anyone on here, buyt I guess I am done posting things if this is the reaction I get.

Ramairfreak98ss
12-02-2006, 09:35 PM
i was just gonna ask about the hours. the 900 hr machine, yeah i guess you use it enough to trade every year. But other than tax write offs whats the benefit of buying $15k ~ machines new every year, put 1k or 500hrs on them and then trade in for new equipment again?

I hate cutting in jersey, everythings so small now. I have a hard time with my 61" ferris machine, i always feel like i need either a 40" ztr, or a 72" deck for a big lawn. I cant see buying a small machine to do little yards because i want a larger machine for any of my big yards :dancing:

anyway, thats some cool equipment, it would be neat to see big pics when all that stuff comes in. I cant wait to get a cab JD tractor eventually. You pull the 16ft mower with that?

johndeereguy
12-03-2006, 04:55 PM
Trading every year like this lets me use my equipment the way it is suppose to be used, mowing, not getting worked on in the shop. I mow some rougher ground the equipment takes a beating. Also with buying that much stuff from Deere at once there are more discounts available. My dealer and i have penciled it out many times, it does not cost any more per hour to trade equipment yearly or every other year, then to keep it. And as you said, it helps out a lot come tax time.

I currently have that 4720 with cab and pics of it (the oneI'm trading in) but don't know how to load the pics I guess.

Ramairfreak98ss
12-03-2006, 10:52 PM
I currently have that 4720 with cab and pics of it (the oneI'm trading in) but don't know how to load the pics I guess.

oh so you already have a 4720 cab and you bought a replacement one this year? just shoot me an email if you want, carlslawncare@hotmail.com takes upto 20mb emails so send away. if theres more pics than that just send in a few seperate emails. I can upload them to my webshots.com account and drop you the link here if you plan to show anyone else :) thanks!

Oldtimer
12-04-2006, 10:12 PM
My customers who turn their equipment every 2 years or 1000 hours, which ever comes first, make more money, work fewer hours and have the lowest employee turn over.

Run your business with a pencil.

Oldtimer
You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink

lawncuttinfoo
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
how about the "clean cumbustion chamber" "check and adjust valve clearance" "clean and lap valve seating surface" which KAW says do every 300 hours for thier gas engines, this service will easily run $333 so that a grand droped on servicing which should be done, but will not hurt the engine till after 1000hrs/2 years if skipped.

Do you guys have services like this done?