PDA

View Full Version : Fluid Film Samples

Dano50
11-30-2006, 10:36 AM
We are continuing to offer Fluid Film (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com)Samples to all LawnSite members who live in the Continental United States and have never tried the product. If you would like a sample, just PM me and supply me with a physical shipping address and a nice comment to make my day. :)

If you haven't heard of Fluid Film, then explore our forum (http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) and find out what everybody is talking about!

WJW Lawn
11-30-2006, 11:54 AM
If you havent tried it guys and gals....DO IT! You're missing out! Liquid gold!!

fyshstykr
12-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Got mine a couple weeks ago, want to use it on the snow blower and snow shovel but have not had enough snow yet.
Thank you for the sample Dan.:)
fysh.

mdvaden
12-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Got mine a couple weeks ago, want to use it on the snow blower and snow shovel but have not had enough snow yet.
Thank you for the sample Dan.:)
fysh.

If I read some replies right - elsewhere - this can be used on exposed metal of shop tools like drill presses and table saws.

Yes?

:)

green_with_envy
12-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Great stuff! Try it then buy it...I'm going to order some...it is great.

JTF40
12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
If you havent tried it guys and gals....DO IT! You're missing out! Liquid gold!!

I am sick and tired of everyone stealing my thoughts !!!!!!:usflag:

robbo521
12-03-2006, 12:00 AM
man this stuff is just great!!!its better than gold.

lawnman_scott
12-03-2006, 12:55 AM
It really does make wd-40 look like crap. I was lucky enough to find a boat place locally that sells it too.

MattsMowing3535
12-03-2006, 02:37 PM
MDVaden It works great in shops. After I got my sample I took it to school and preety much coated everything in are shop. Now I just need some darn snow to try it on the snowblower!

hoyboy
12-03-2006, 06:01 PM
How do you get a sample? I PM'd for it awhile back and never got any.

grandview (2006)
12-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Maybe you didn't give the secret hand shake the right way!:laugh:

lawnman_scott
12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
How do you get a sample? I PM'd for it awhile back and never got any.click on forum in the first post in this thread, when the window opens click on the first sticky thread, and his e-mail will be there. E-mail him with your address and he weill send you a sample. It really is a very good product.

Dano50
12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks for answering all the questions and all the great comments! You are all the reason why Fluid Film is becoming so popular in the Green Industry! I have to applaude you all! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

JTF40
12-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Dan,
What are the REAL chances of Fluid Film appearing in the "large" stores?
Don't ask which ones - you know what I mean.:usflag:

Dano50
12-05-2006, 11:08 AM
How do you get a sample? I PM'd for it awhile back and never got any.

Sometimes they get lost in the cracks or shipped to the wrong address. Just PM me again and explain what happened. I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your interest in Fluid Film!

Dano50
12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Dan,
What are the REAL chances of Fluid Film appearing in the "large" stores?
Don't ask which ones - you know what I mean.:usflag:

Right now we are on the verge of being handled by much larger distribution, which means Fluid Film will become easier to find on a consistent basis. As far as the "large" stores go, and I do think I know who you mean, that is not even our focus at the moment.

Don't worry, Fluid Film will become easier to find. We're working on it.

Rhett
12-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey Dan, I will be PMing you for a sample along with a budy of mine that runs a boat yard. Heard the product is top shelf and appreciate you sponsoring this forum. Oh by the way BUMP

Thanks Rhett

JTF40
12-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Right now we are on the verge of being handled by much larger distribution, which means Fluid Film will become easier to find on a consistent basis. As far as the "large" stores go, and I do think I know who you mean, that is not even our focus at the moment.

Don't worry, Fluid Film will become easier to find. We're working on it.

Ok, what I mean is - Lowe's, Home Depot, WalMart, TSC, Rural King, Farmer's Co-op. :usflag:

Dano50
12-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I have a meeting next Thursday with TSC. I'm hoping that the reviews on LawnSite will be enough to convince them of the value of carrying Fluid Film.

gasfast
12-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I just received a link to a rustbuster called Boesheild T-9, a Boeing product.

There was a pdf doc. with a comparison test of 14 products.
Fluid Film was not in the comparison test.
They must be afraid of FF. :weightlifter:

Uranus
12-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Dan- where can I find FF for sale in my area? Western mass zip 01057

metro36
12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
They have it at most jd dealers. William I sent you a pm regarding am mower mentioned in a previous thread.

Dano50
12-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Fluid Film was not in the comparison test.
They must be afraid of FF. :weightlifter:

They should be! :laugh:

Dano50
12-27-2006, 01:38 PM
Dan- where can I find FF for sale in my area? Western mass zip 01057

I checked your zip code and unless your local John Deere dealer is carrying it, you would be best off going through mowpart.com. They offer good service and pricing.

ed2hess
12-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Looks like they sell in gallons......what type of device do I use to put the stuff on?

Dano50
12-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Looks like they sell in gallons......what type of device do I use to put the stuff on?

Any sprayer that can spray paint will spray Fluid Film. I've heard good things about Wagners. You could also brush or roll it on if needed. :waving:

WALKER LANDSCAPE
12-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Dano
:) Just recieved my smple thanks. i can use this on anything I dont want to rust
and its a lub too right? Can I spray it on the back of the truck to help keep the salt off?:confused: Thanks again send me some info on how to get larger
quantities of it.:waving:

ed2hess
12-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Any sprayer that can spray paint will spray Fluid Film. I've heard good things about Wagners. You could also brush or roll it on if needed. :waving:

I don't understand the Wagner recommendation? I thought this would work in joints that are not greased and I was happy with the spray can application. I don't want to spray my entire machine with this stuff?

Dano50
12-28-2006, 10:44 AM
I don't understand the Wagner recommendation? I thought this would work in joints that are not greased and I was happy with the spray can application. I don't want to spray my entire machine with this stuff?

I thought you were looking for something to spray it in bulk? For smaller applications, I'd just stick with the spray can. The problem with buying it in bulk is its viscosity. It is about the viscosity of a house paint, which means that putting it into a hand sprayer is not going to work that well.

PLS-Tx
12-28-2006, 10:52 AM
We did get our sample, thanks, works great. Only one problem, the sample is all gone, where can we buy this stuff?

Also, on the hedge clippers, how often would you reccommend spraying them? We were spraying WD-40 after every use is that nessesary with FF?

DAV Mowers
12-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Wish I had seen this thread sooner. This stuff might be what I'm looking for.

Dano50
12-28-2006, 11:23 AM
We did get our sample, thanks, works great. Only one problem, the sample is all gone, where can we buy this stuff?

Also, on the hedge clippers, how often would you reccommend spraying them? We were spraying WD-40 after every use is that nessesary with FF?

Check our website (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com) for our dealer locator to fiind your closest dealer. You could also buy online through mowpart.com (http://www.mowpart.com).

Hedge clippers are a tough one. It really all depends on how much they get used. I'll leave that one to your discretion. You'll know if you need to reapply if the blades are dry.

Dano50
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Wish I had seen this thread sooner. This stuff might be what I'm looking for.

Just send me a pm with your shipping information and I'll get a free sample out to you. As long as you reside in the Continental US you're good to go.

PLS-Tx
12-28-2006, 11:38 AM
Check our website (http://www.eurekafluidfilm.com) for our dealer locator to fiind your closest dealer. You could also buy online through mowpart.com (http://www.mowpart.com).

Hedge clippers are a tough one. It really all depends on how much they get used. I'll leave that one to your discretion. You'll know if you need to reapply if the blades are dry.

Thanks mowpart.com sounds like the way to go.

GreenN'Clean
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
This stuff is awesome!!!

ed2hess
12-28-2006, 05:09 PM
I thought you were looking for something to spray it in bulk? For smaller applications, I'd just stick with the spray can. The problem with buying it in bulk is its viscosity. It is about the viscosity of a house paint, which means that putting it into a hand sprayer is not going to work that well.

So I can buy it in spray cans somewhere? Hopefully in a fairly big can like the size of carb cleaner?

PLS-Tx
12-28-2006, 11:37 PM
So I can buy it in spray cans somewhere? Hopefully in a fairly big can like the size of carb cleaner?

http://www.mowpart.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=fluid+film&osCsid=c208621b65261f83b25e8c088fd99872

11.75 fl oz $7.50