PDA

View Full Version : carlisle or titan????????????????

grass disaster
11-30-2006, 04:02 PM
my mower has titan multi trac c/s....stock

trying to decide what tire i should put on there

is there a difference in the carlisle TURF MASTER and the titan MULTI TRAC C/S?????

for the back on a kubota

grass disaster
11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
i think i just figured it out. they seem to be the same tire.

i see i can get them in either a 4 ply (which i have) or for a few bucks more i can get a 6 ply. should i get the 6 ply????????????? looks like the 6 ply weighs 5lbs more though seems like a lot

grass disaster
11-30-2006, 07:58 PM
6 ply you think?????

J&R Landscaping
11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I would think 4 ply would be fine. Turf saver, turf mate treads are good. Kenda has some good tred styles as well.

Envy Lawn Service
12-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Noooooo:nono:
Definately NOT the same tire :nono:

They have a somewhat similar tread look. But it's not the same. The multi-trac is a stiffer tire with a tighter tread pattern and a different pattern at the edges.

Both are good quality tires. Wear seems similar too dispite the Multi-trac seeming like a harder compound.

Myself, I much prefer the Turfmasters. The tighter tread on the multi-trac is bad to "pack up" with clippings, leaves, dirt, mud, ect.

specialtylc
12-04-2006, 11:27 PM
I have found that tires from different companies are not always the same size. Some of the cheaper Asian tires are narrower and or shorter than what you get from the original equipment supplier. Found this to be true with my Hustler . And many of them are real thin and wear out prematurely. Buy the same brand that came with your mower and you wont be dissatisfied.