PDA

View Full Version : baseball infield

slabpile
06-23-2001, 10:03 AM
hey do any of you have any ideas for keeping weeds out of the infield of a baseball and softball field? I know i can use round up or some other similar product but didnt know if anyone had any other idea

LiVe2
06-23-2001, 11:35 AM
There is this stuff called weedmaster that should take care of the weeds in the infield. I know you cant buy it at home depot, you will have to go to a place like Lesco to find it

Guido
06-23-2001, 12:08 PM
If its used enough, and you maintain and screen the field regularly, you shouldn't have much weed growth, if any. I've never had to use a spray so I can't really be of help. Sorry :(

Kent Lawns
06-23-2001, 03:49 PM
Increase traffic.

Infields are cheap to maintain because you can pull a drag over it on a regular basis and save a lot on herbicide.

Toroguy
06-23-2001, 04:11 PM
Please educate my feeble mind...

By regularly "dragging" it the weeds are prevented? What is used for the drag material?

This will help me on my resume for Miller Park when I retire.

Thanks

Toroguy
06-23-2001, 04:15 PM
You guys are talking about the dirt part of the infield...

Never mind:)

Guido
06-23-2001, 04:20 PM
Your slipping! ;)

I find myself doing that a lot, and either answering my own question or quickly realizing how dump the words I posted where!

You outsmarted yourself on that one :)!

slabpile
06-23-2001, 09:43 PM
my plan was to drag it often. we have a diamond demon so it does not take long but the crab crass comes in quickly. just thought i would see what others were doing. still taking ideas. may be lawrence stone will wiegh in on this. some one said "he's the man"

lawrence stone
06-24-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by slabpile
my plan was to drag it often. we have a diamond demon so it does not take long but the crab crass comes in quickly. just thought i would see what others were doing. still taking ideas. may be lawrence stone will wiegh in on this. some one said "he's the man"

If you have no idea on what type of non-selective herbicide to use
it is obvious you are not a certified pesticide applicator and have no business applying pesticides w/o any insurance where children are
playing baseball.

slabpile
06-24-2001, 08:32 AM
you are right. that is why my plan did not include spraying. however if i knew of something that worked really well at least i could hire some one to spray. also i am working on the licence