PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation system pricing

ericlemson
11-30-2006, 04:31 PM
This may be a stupid question. Do any of you guys or other normal irrigation companies offer pay plans or do people normaly pay cash/check or put it on a creditcard?

Thanks

Wet_Boots
11-30-2006, 05:11 PM
Cash is good. For installations, I will always prefer checks, as they offer a signed-by-the-customer proof (beyond the contract) of customer approval of the terms and performance. This can be important, depending on the contract laws of your state.

justgeorge
11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm purely by check. I tell people that accepting a credit card will just cost them another 2-3% so I don't take cards to help keep their price down. John Deere Landscapes offers a customer credit payment plan, but it costs me money and them too. Anyone who can qualify for that would be much better off getting a line of credit on their house.

George

jerryrwm
11-30-2006, 07:52 PM
We have an easy payment plan.. 1/3 down; 1/3 at start of job, and balance on completion.

Owner is working on a payment plan for a long time client who owns a couple of apartment buildings. It is a $120,000.00 project and they asked to finance it for 4 yrs. He has the final say on that so I don't have to get on the hook for that mess. He set up the payment schedule and is charging pretty good finance charges. They could go to the bank and get a lower rate, but we'll see.