PDA

View Full Version : What a piece of!!!!!!!!!

Mike Blevins
11-30-2006, 09:04 PM
I took my scag in today for my year end service and my dealer wanted me to take this husky zero-turn and try it out. It is the worst zero mower i have ever used! These mowers dont even come close to compare with scags. My neighbor and I mowed 6 yards with it and i would hate to think that i would have to mow for a living with this thing !!! Anyway its just my 2 cents but man do i love my scag evenmore now!!!!!!!!! oh yeah its a 60 inch deck with a kohler

J&R Landscaping
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Thats another tally on that chart for this topic.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
12-01-2006, 12:37 AM
So scag is simply the best.

dbear
12-01-2006, 02:53 PM
A little more info would be nice. What model and hp? What specifically didn't you like - operator position and controls; cut quality...?

rodfather
12-01-2006, 06:26 PM
A little more info would be nice. What model and hp? What specifically didn't you like - operator position and controls; cut quality...?

For sure...how about being specific?

prostriper
12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
I took my scag in today for my year end service and my dealer wanted me to take this husky zero-turn and try it out. It is the worst zero mower i have ever used! These mowers dont even come close to compare with scags. My neighbor and I mowed 6 yards with it and i would hate to think that i would have to mow for a living with this thing !!! Anyway its just my 2 cents but man do i love my scag evenmore now!!!!!!!!! oh yeah its a 60 inch deck with a kohler

And these are my thoughts on SCAG's.

brucec32
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
Makes you wonder if he's a Scag dealer! (of course I haven't heard a ton of good things about Husqvarna mowers either)

Mike Blevins
12-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Sorry about that its a 62inch deck 30 kohler v-twin which is burning oil. The mower also vibrates very badly. I took the blades of and balanced them and it didint help. The throttle has to be held in the fast position with a wire because of the vibration. The deck adjustment handle pops out when you try to move the deck height. Another thing i noticed is that after sharpening the blades and running it over my own yard the cut quality is not comparible to other mowers i have used such as scag,deere, or exmark. And no I am not a scag dealer, I have had alot of great service from my scag and after using the husky I think I made the right choice in what mower I use.:clapping:

crzymow
12-04-2006, 02:17 PM
What year is the husky, from your first post i was under the impression it was new or at least a demo

walker/redmax
12-04-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm not really defending Husky; Ive never used one of their mowers but it does sound like the one you were using was kind of outdated and beat up.
-Nick

richard coffman
12-04-2006, 08:28 PM
scags are pretty decent mowers, i've used them since 1991. yea they seem to not be to fancy but at least they run decently.

Mike Blevins
12-04-2006, 08:50 PM
The mower is a 2006 and only has 54 hrs. on it. Thats why Im really surprised that it is such a piece of !!!!. It looks like its brand new. Granted it was a demo and maybe someone was really rough on it.

green_with_envy
12-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I just bought a Husky 36" hydro WB......So far it has worked great.

Envy Lawn Service
12-05-2006, 12:01 AM
One word sums the Husqvarna thing up.......

TYPICAL

Big orange piles...

PS- They come in Red too. (Yazoo/Kees)