PDA

View Full Version : Ferris IS 2000Z

Daves Propert Maintenance
12-01-2006, 12:18 PM
My dealer just contacted me and he has a Ferris IS2000Z in stock. I am looking to buy a Z this spring, and I am looking for a quality machine that won't completely kill my bank account. He quoted me $7500 for it with a 25 Kawasaki and 52" deck. Is this a reasonable price? I also want to get a collection system for it, any idea how much that will cost me?

I kind of see the suspension as another part that will break and need to be repaired. Is it durable for everyday use without need for replacement?

Also, how is the cut quality, I have heard of some issues.

rodfather
12-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Machine cuts great. My company demoed and field tested one for 2 months this past summer. My write-up is in the September issue of Turf Magazine.

12-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Is the pricing good? I have read somewhere that you have bought a bunch of Ferris machines.

rodfather
12-01-2006, 12:39 PM
To be perfectly honest, I don't know the price of that machine. Yes, we have had over 20 Ferris mowers in the past. They are extremely reliable machines IMO.

12-01-2006, 01:49 PM
do you have any experience with their bagging system? I am curious as to how well it works

rodfather
12-01-2006, 04:40 PM
do you have any experience with their bagging system? I am curious as to how well it works

I run Hasty Vacs on my Z's...they're a clamshell type just like Peco's. Those babies make me some serious denero in the Fall. You want to save some time, get one of those and forget the bag type. Clamshell you can empty without leaving your seat. Back up to the curb or woods, throw a lever and you're gone in seconds. They run about $2500 with an additional engine mounted on the side for additional suction.

Hope that helps ya.

dan37
12-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Ferris now has a dump from the seat unit to go on their ZTRs. It fits in the same frame as their current 3-bag systems....giving you the option of bagging or dump from the seat. You can literally change from one to the other in about 30 seconds.

12-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Actually bought the IS2000 Z today. Paying for it tomorrow, with delivery next saturday.. I got the Fastvac collection system as well. Total cost was $8650. I think I got a good deal, now all I need is a larger customer base. Thanks for the advice on the Ferris line, hopefully they will treat me well over the years.

rodfather
12-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Congrats, good for you...I wish you the best.

Ramairfreak98ss
12-02-2006, 09:23 PM
My dealer just contacted me and he has a Ferris IS2000Z in stock. I am looking to buy a Z this spring, and I am looking for a quality machine that won't completely kill my bank account. He quoted me $7500 for it with a 25 Kawasaki and 52" deck. Is this a reasonable price? I also want to get a collection system for it, any idea how much that will cost me?

I kind of see the suspension as another part that will break and need to be repaired. Is it durable for everyday use without need for replacement?

Also, how is the cut quality, I have heard of some issues.

I have a 1000z, non suspension, i wish i got the suspension though lol. at the time i couldnt afford the 3000z models anyway.

The turbo collection system is like 2 grand, not cheap at all trust me, i went to find out. 7500 sounds right, i paid $6900 for the 1000z with NO suspension and a 27hp kohler/61" deck end of last year. Normally it was $7,600 i think.

Ramairfreak98ss
12-02-2006, 09:25 PM
i have a simplicity legacy xl tractor i just got this year, i plan to get a fast Vac collection trailer PTO driven for it for next year, with the 60" deck on the diesel legacy and 27hp should be more than enough to suck up my biggest leaf jobs with a 44cubic foot capacity wagon behind me. :)

formula500
01-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Dave's property management how do you like the is2000 with the fast vac? I am considering buying one for the spring My dad has the 3000 with a 61 deck I used it a couple of times and really liked it. But I would like to know how the quality of cut and how the vac system is on that machine. I made the mistake of buying a walker last year, but am going to get rid of in favor of the ferris. ALso where is the dealer you bought it from, my local dealer is trying to sell me one with the vac system for 10,200 which I think is really high. any input would be appreciated.

02-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I love the ferris. Cut quality is very good, and the suspension makes the freshly cut lawn look very smooth. The fastvac works very well, although I have not had enough real testing on it. I did purchase it in Decmber, after all my cleanups were finished. I got the whole package for about $9000. The model was a demo though, with 17 hours on it so they knocked off $1000. Your quote for $10000 seems about right. My dealer is Philbrick's Sales and Service, in North Hampton, NH. Good luck. You may be able to talk their price down if you really try, they have an enormous inventory and might be motivated to move their ferris products. Give them a call at (603)964-8384, and they can probably give you some prices and inventory numbers. Tell them Dave Lobdell sent you.