PDA

View Full Version : Turbo force deck?????

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Is the turbo force deck 5.5" deep?? Are you happy with the deck??

Thanks John

gilatplc
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I demoed one before purchasing the exmark and I liked it lot. Yes the deck is 5.5" deep and in IMO a hi quality cutting system from what I experienced.
The only reason I decided to go with the exmark over the the Toro was because of dealer support, I had to pull teeth just to get the demo from this dealer and no one wanted to talk to me about this mower.

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 04:04 PM
I demoed one before purchasing the exmark and I liked it lot. Yes the deck is 5.5" deep and IMO in a hi quality cutting system from the I experienced.
The only reason I decided to go with the exmark over the the Toro was because of dealer support I had to pull teeth just to get the demo for this dealer and no one wanted to talk to me about this mower.

I know some dealers suck. I'm glad you liked the deck. Did you use the ajustment at all??

John

gilatplc
12-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Ya know here in FL the adjustable baffle system doesn't really affect us from what I see that and most all of us mulch. I tried adjusting it and didn't see any difference, also when they install the mulching kit it is removed and not used anymore.
If I had tall wet Bahia grass I think this would be a great system, very ez to use and adjust. I loved the cam love, a much better system to exmarks 2 bolt system which is identical, why not adapt?

The front baffles I have never had the need to adjust.

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Ya know here in FL the adjustable baffle system doesn't really affect us from what I see that and most all of us mulch. I tried adjusting it and didn't see any difference, also when they install the mulching kit it is removed and not used anymore.
If I had tall wet Bahia grass I think this would be a great system, very ez to use and adjust. I loved the cam love, a much better system to exmarks 2 bolt system which is identical, why not adapt?

The front baffles I have never had the need to adjust.

Cool. Thank you
John

mhussey
12-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I love my Turbo Force. I unlike the other guy can tell a big difference in the adjustable baffle. Especially running gator blades. However, I think he is farther in the south were we have cool season grass instead of warm season grass. Here is a link to a thread that I posted a pic of some stripes on my own yard. Hope this helps!!!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=147510

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 06:52 PM
I love my Turbo Force. I unlike the other guy can tell a big difference in the adjustable baffle. Especially running gator blades. However, I think he is farther in the south were we have cool season grass instead of warm season grass. Here is a link to a thread that I posted a pic of some stripes on my own yard. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks Matt

Matt how is it in weeds and that tall thin grass you have???

john

prostriper
12-01-2006, 06:56 PM
A crew that cut next to one of mine used a Toro with the TF deck and I must say I was real impressed with the cut of it. It is right there with the Ultra Cut.

gilatplc
12-01-2006, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=mhussey]I love my Turbo Force. I unlike the other guy can tell a big difference in the adjustable baffle. Especially running gator blades. However, I think he is farther in the south were we have cool season grass instead of warm season grass. Here is a link to a thread that I posted a pic of some stripes on my own yard. Hope this helps!!!

Yup deeeeeeeeeep south middle of hurricane allay as a matter of fact

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 07:01 PM
A crew that cut next to one of mine used a Toro with the TF deck and I must say I was real impressed with the cut of it. It is right there with the Ultra Cut.

In taller grass with the baffle open it was faster then the ultra. But the ultra discharged better even when you closed the baffle.

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 07:02 PM

How is it in wet grass? Does it clog. Thanks for the link. Nice Pic:)

prostriper
12-01-2006, 07:07 PM
The lawns were in a lake and I did notice that when I got near the water I had to slow down and he was able to go full stick for the most part. In the area that we were cutting double cutting was, for the most part, standard. And they were mulching so I didn't get to see how well it was discharging.

John Gamba
12-01-2006, 07:31 PM
. In the area that we were cutting double cutting was, for the most part, standard. And they were mulching so I didn't get to see how well it was discharging.

Same here on the double cut but there's NO mulching. It sounds like it was a fast mulcher

mhussey
12-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks Matt

Matt how is it in weeds and that tall thin grass you have???

john

John,

The deck don't seem to care what it passes through except for the Bahia stringers sometimes that leave one or two sticking up. It discharges very well, however the only time I have had a problem with clumping was in wet grass on my own personal yard in the spring time. My yard is real thick and not many weeds. As far as that I am real pleased with my decision with Toro. It cuts better than my neighbors Exmark Trivantage!! That came from the horses mouth. He liked my Toro so much he sold his Exmark and bought a Toro Z-Master with a Turbo Force.

I believe I have more pics of some grass out at the road that has mostly common Bermuda in it. I will try and find those pics.

Hope this helps John.

Matt

mhussey
12-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Here are somemore John! Note that the close up of my niece you can really see the quality of cut. Hope these help.

Idealtim
12-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Did you say the with your niece is the one that showes the cut? looks like it wasn't cut. Or am I confused?

mhussey
12-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Did you say the with your niece is the one that showes the cut? looks like it wasn't cut. Or am I confused?

Yea I see what you are saying. I believe that what you were looking at was where the sunlight was filtering through the trees. It does look like some stray sprigs, but I grant you that isn't the case. Plus I mowed this on Wednsday and that was Sunday, so it may look somewhat choppy. The back is mowed at 3.5 where the dogs are.

John Gamba
12-02-2006, 07:03 AM
Yea I see what you are saying. I believe that what you were looking at was where the sunlight was filtering through the trees. It does look like some stray sprigs, but I grant you that isn't the case. Plus I mowed this on Wednsday and that was Sunday, so it may look somewhat choppy. The back is mowed at 3.5 where the dogs are.

Sweet Matt:cool2:

I was going to ask about the cut above 3" but it looks great at 3.5. Do you find the cut stays good above 3.5 all season??

John

mhussey
12-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Well the back yard where you see the dogs in the picture is cut at 3.5". The front yard is cut at either 4 to 4.5" depending on the heat. The back I don't put much emphasis on because I have two huge dogs on it at all time. So that would be a great example of a lawn that has mostly weed and some grass and then the pic in the front would be an example of cutting mostly grass. I think its an all around good deck for any combo. It stripes great stock, and who knows what it will do with a roller or mat attached.

You planning on purchasing some John? I think you would like the cutting platform, and you should be used to the seat and controls because they should be the same as an Exmark. Hope these pics and comments help.

Matt

John Gamba
12-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Well the back yard where you see the dogs in the picture is cut at 3.5". The front yard is cut at either 4 to 4.5" depending on the heat. The back I don't put much emphasis on because I have two huge dogs on it at all time. So that would be a great example of a lawn that has mostly weed and some grass and then the pic in the front would be an example of cutting mostly grass. I think its an all around good deck for any combo. It stripes great stock, and who knows what it will do with a roller or mat attached.

You planning on purchasing some John? I think you would like the cutting platform, and you should be used to the seat and controls because they should be the same as an Exmark. Hope these pics and comments help.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

I dont like exmarks decision on the 44" Phazer. Ive followed the TF since it came out and i think toro is more in line with the main stream in pricing and on the mowers. There prices in the past reflected on there golf coarse prices not are's.

John

S man
12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
you can get that deck on the cheap belt drive toro w/bs. I'm looking at it for next year. No toro dealer around here has it though.