PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge for leaf clean up?

Scagguy
12-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a unique situation. New customer, money is no issue with them. I was basically give carte blanche on providing whatever service I thought needed doing. I roll up on the property today, the leaves are out of control. The customer is out of town and I don't have their cell # with me. Hmmm. The lot size without the house is .27 acre. So, I blow out all the beds get all the leaves out of the yard and spend about 3 hrs doing it. I bag and stuff 15, 42 gallon contractor bags. Bottom line, what do you think is a fair price for this. I try to maintain a $65 per hour gross, but I want to be fair about it. any and suggestions will be appreciated.

prizeprop
12-01-2006, 07:42 PM
You answered your own question. $65 an hour.

seacoastlandscape
12-01-2006, 07:46 PM
if your hourly rate is 65 per hour than id say your total would be 195. Now that being said to me it sounds kinda high considering the property is only about a quarter acer. Also take into consideration how much time you spent stuffing garbage bags filled with leaves, if you could have sucked them up with a vac i bet you would have saved yourself close to an hour. Bottom line, if your rate is 65 per hour than thats what you should charge.

DaughtryLC
12-01-2006, 10:27 PM
No matter if someones got money or not my hrly rate stays the same! If you have to question the bill it mybe to high!!

HOOLIE
12-01-2006, 11:53 PM
if your hourly rate is 65 per hour than id say your total would be 195. Now that being said to me it sounds kinda high considering the property is only about a quarter acer. Also take into consideration how much time you spent stuffing garbage bags filled with leaves, if you could have sucked them up with a vac i bet you would have saved yourself close to an hour. Bottom line, if your rate is 65 per hour than thats what you should charge.

Yeah but you still have to....drag the leaves to the street, suck them up, and at some point dump them somewhere. Bagging sucks but sometimes is faster.

You can't say $195 is too high for a quarter acre without seeing how many leaves...how the property is laid out, etc.

Grass-Masters
12-02-2006, 12:02 AM
I charge about 200 for all 1/4 acre lots, I think your price is good.

charmill26
12-02-2006, 02:16 PM
might want to add in a disposal fee of the leaves

Ramairfreak98ss
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
i think his price is good too, i wouldnt bag all that crap up though. just takes a lot of time, but $65 hr is fine, i average between $50-$90hr doing these depending on circumstances.