PDA

View Full Version : Crew Cut Enterprises New Dump Trailer

CrewCutEnterprises
12-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Ok Guys, I wanted to ask some questions.

I just bought this trailer. 2005 triple crown 6x 12 dump trailer. I paid $3800.00 for it. I think thats a great deal.

My problem is the battery hooked up to charge while the trailer plug is pluged to the truck. I should be able to take the hot wire and the ground and connect it to the battery, Right??

Any pictures of anyone's trailer that does charge while its connected to the truck? Thanks alot

CrewCutEnterprises
12-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Here is a shot under the body.

DSLND
12-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Nice! That sounds like u got a great deal. Looks like ur using it for clean ups now but im guessing you'll use it for landscaping too. I'd like when i get my license to get a 6x12 dump for big mulch jobs and other material involved jobs and also have a 16" trailer for a skidsteer and compact tractor and also have a 18" trailer for lawn maintenance. Looks Great and keep up the great work! -Mitch-

fishinman22487
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
That Triple Crown trailer will treat you very good!! I like the dual cylinders. I also noticed looks like you got the ramps with it.. I think that it would hold a small skid steer too
I think but I might be wrong is Triple Crown based out of FL.
Looks good:)

CrewCutEnterprises
12-01-2006, 09:21 PM
ramps were custom.. the tag says ocala so yea i think its from fl.

I dont know what they cost new

That Triple Crown trailer will treat you very good!! I like the dual cylinders. I also noticed looks like you got the ramps with it.. I think that it would hold a small skid steer too
I think but I might be wrong is Triple Crown based out of FL.
Looks good:)

Idealtim
12-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Nice! Now I want one...

DBL
12-01-2006, 10:59 PM
wow thats nice and an even nicer price you can use that to dump haul equipment and general trailer use good pick up

TWUllc
12-02-2006, 01:49 AM
After 4 full dumps, or once a week, I just yank the battery out and charge it. It could go longer, but I'm not going to test it. Have thought about running a hot wire though. Price wise you did well. I grabbed a new 7x14 for $6,600, so you beat me by a mile.

Rickco
12-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Your 7 pin connector,on the truck side should have a hot wire (cant remember which) that you can hook up to charge the battery. That is what it was made for on RVs. The most important thing to do is MAKE SURE IT'S FUSED!Some truck do not have this wire fused.

FearThisDeere
12-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Your 7 pin connector,on the truck side should have a hot wire (cant remember which) that you can hook up to charge the battery. That is what it was made for on RVs. The most important thing to do is MAKE SURE IT'S FUSED!Some truck do not have this wire fused.
Rickco is right. I have had my Cam for over 1.5 years now and have only had to charge it once. It gets used atleast once a week, sometime more like two or three. Looking at the front of your trailer, it looks like you are missing the front toolbox where the motor and battery and motor are mounted. What is up with that? Mine just might be set up a little different, I don't know.

Dstosh
12-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Why dont you just buy a float charger and leave it in the box with the battery and plug it in when you are done using it. Thats what I do with my 20ft equipment trailer that has a hydraulic jack and gate. It works well.

CrewCutEnterprises
12-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Here is a shot under the body.

Battery is under the dump. in this picture. on the left. The controller, plugs in and unplugs when not in use. it works for the price but i might change it, cuz it would suck to leave the controller home when you go to dump it.

CrewCutEnterprises
12-02-2006, 05:56 PM

Yea its black. Then it runs to the trailer , its then tapped off to the break away and the hot wire goes to the selenoid on the pump... hmm not sure..

CrewCutEnterprises
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
here it is

stevesmowing
12-03-2006, 10:35 PM
what are the specs on that leaf loader?

Fordsuvparts
12-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Check to make sure that your truck has the fuse in place under the hood for the power for the trailer. Also check to make sure the wire is hot, ( in the factory wiring the wire is orange) in the ford superduty trucks the wiring is already in place so it should be very simple to have a hot wire to keep the battery on the dump trailer charged.

grassmanak
12-03-2006, 11:22 PM
i believe the center pin on the 7 pin connector is for charging.

stevesmowing
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM
there is a diagram of the 7 pin here

http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/images/7pintrailer.jpg