PDA

View Full Version : Some of my equipment

RedMax Man
12-01-2006, 09:31 PM
This is my custom built wagon rig... I use my truck now but the wagon got the job done even though it was a workout pulling it.:weightlifter:
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68873&stc=1&d=1165026452

dcondon
12-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Nice looking little setup you have there. Make lots of $$$$ with it.

bjlawnman
12-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Love the Toro t-bar. Great machine i have the exact same one. Nice setup

J&R Landscaping
12-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Looks nice!!

RedMax Man
12-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the complements so far. Wow, no bashing or rude comments about the wagon i guess it must be OK.

Uranus
12-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Didn't you have another tread out at the same time as this one where your truck was backed into the driveway sucking up leaves? If I remember right somone comented on the sign on you toro. We know that is not all of you equipment. Are you finished with cleanups? I was done last week. Put everything away yesterday, just have to winterize the leaf loader that's on my trailer and park the trailer. Are you getting flurries today? I woke up to half an inch of snow and the town salting the roads. Funny thing is I got 2 phone calls looking for plow estimates this morning.

RedMax Man
12-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Didn't you have another tread out at the same time as this one where your truck was backed into the driveway sucking up leaves? If I remember right somone comented on the sign on you toro. We know that is not all of you equipment. Are you finished with cleanups? I was done last week. Put everything away yesterday, just have to winterize the leaf loader that's on my trailer and park the trailer. Are you getting flurries today? I woke up to half an inch of snow and the town salting the roads. Funny thing is I got 2 phone calls looking for plow estimates this morning.

No thats not all of my equipment, I will post more current pics. soon. Yeah i finished my last cleanups this past Sat. 12/2. I will be cleaning stuff up a bit, and winterizing it for "hibernation" this week. It's bright and sunny today only a few flurries yesterday. I have a leaf cleanup pics. thread with pictures of my buddies International truck backed up sucking a pile of leaves.

Uranus
12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Justs for laughs what kind of cash do you get for that lawn? Just trying to see how this side of the state compares to your area. How much bigger is the back yard. I'll give you my price for out here once I know how big the back is.

RedMax Man
12-05-2006, 09:54 PM
If your talking about the property in the 1st picture then this past season i got $30 per weekly maintenance (mow, trim, blow0. Took me 20 - 30 min. tops even including some double cutting sometimes. I've done this property since just after the house was built a few years ago. The owner cut the lawn a several times and then hired me, it is also one of my 1st customer from when i started out so no other landscaper has touched it. Next season i will be doing it with my Walker so it will take a little less time, about 20 min. Other properties that are similar in size to this i charge $35 so may raise the price $5 if i need to but i also don't want to loose the client, really nice people and easy mowing. I also am able to dump the clippings and debris on the property so there are no hauling fees.

Here are some pics. of the back:

S man
12-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the complements so far. Wow, no bashing or rude comments about the wagon i guess it must be OK.

Yeah I have a wagon too so I complement yours. :clapping:

W.L.S.27
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
lets see some pics of the new walker...

RedMax Man
12-07-2006, 03:00 PM
lets see some pics of the new walker...

Here's a pic. It's not brand new but runs and works awesome.

lawnproslawncare
03-10-2008, 12:26 AM
How old was your walker? How many hours and options did it have?

TomberLawn
03-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I love the wagon!! What do haul with it besides your trimmers? Northern Tool has a wagon with dual rear tires and tool boxes mounted underneath. That would be really cool, except it would probably be heavy.

Military Lawns
03-10-2008, 12:29 PM

My baby boy has a wagon! I wonder how he would feel if dear young dad borrowed it for awhile. Uhhhmmmm! I like that idea.

RedMax Man
03-10-2008, 02:03 PM
This brings back memories.

How old was your walker? How many hours and options did it have?
Think its a 98 and its got about 600 hours now. Has lights, 9.5 bushel catcher, low profile tires, 48" deck and the rest of the usual things. I still have it and use it.
I love the wagon!! What do haul with it besides your trimmers? Northern Tool has a wagon with dual rear tires and tool boxes mounted underneath. That would be really cool, except it would probably be heavy.
Yeah i've seen that wagon and i bought mine from northern tool. I don't use the wagon because i have a truck now but i still have. Its sitting in my shed with the leaf loader on it.
My baby boy has a wagon! I wonder how he would feel if dear young dad borrowed it for awhile. Uhhhmmmm! I like that idea.
I'm going to fix it up this year and bring it back to what it was originally. It got alot of use and needs some TLC.

bakerc8
10-11-2008, 11:13 PM
ihave a wagon its great how did you bring all that stuff to the job site?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Why did you use the wagon back then if you had the truck?

old oak lawn
10-11-2008, 11:28 PM
i don't think the wagon is in use any longer. looks like you have come a long way Redmax Man.

Scag413
10-11-2008, 11:29 PM
idt he was 16 yet or if he was he prlly was just trying to save gas money with yards that were close to his house...im just guessing though

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
i don't think the wagon is in use any longer. looks like you have come a long way Redmax Man.

The wagon actually still is in use. Its holding his leaf loader in the shed.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
idt he was 16 yet or if he was he prlly was just trying to save gas money with yards that were close to his house...im just guessing though

Good possibility. I know now that I can drive to mow I usually do. Just seems to be more convenient

RedMax Man
10-12-2008, 10:14 AM
ihave a wagon its great how did you bring all that stuff to the job site?
I pulled it around the neighborhood like a scrub!
Why did you use the wagon back then if you had the truck?
I didn't have a truck and driver's license.
I dnt use like i did in the past but i still have it at the shop.

I didn't get my license till i was almost 18 lol. I did have all my customers in my neighborhood so the wagon worked fine even though it was heavy to pull.
The wagon actually still is in use. Its holding his leaf loader in the shed.

Ya the leaf loader was on it but i took it off and put it on a shelf the other day.

I'll keep that wagon forever!

02DURAMAX
10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I pulled it around the neighborhood like a scrub!

I didn't have a truck and driver's license.

I dnt use like i did in the past but i still have it at the shop.

I didn't get my license till i was almost 18 lol. I did have all my customers in my neighborhood so the wagon worked fine even though it was heavy to pull.

Ya the leaf loader was on it but i took it off and put it on a shelf the other day.

I'll keep that wagon forever!

Why did it take you so long to get your license?

PlatinumLandCon
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Seriously, bakerc8 why the hell are you posting in all these old threads?

bakerc8
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
they were on my screen and i posted

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Seriously, bakerc8 why the hell are you posting in all these old threads?

I enjoy looking at this thread. I have been staying up to date on Micha's current thread and its pretty neat to see how he started out. I started with a little dump trailer behind my riding mower

Junior M
10-12-2008, 09:36 PM
I enjoy looking at this thread. I have been staying up to date on Micha's current thread and its pretty neat to see how he started out. I started with a little dump trailer behind my riding mower
I started the same way you did three years ago... and now I have a John Deere ztr, echo hand helds, (trying to decide on which backpack) and now if I could convince mom to let me put a trailer in the driveway along side the equipment trailer I would be doing even better!!!

Green Team Landscaping
10-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I started the same way you did three years ago... and now I have a John Deere ztr, echo hand helds, (trying to decide on which backpack) and now if I could convince mom to let me put a trailer in the driveway along side the equipment trailer I would be doing even better!!!
You mow lawns? I thought you did construction? Either way, at least you've got some pretty sick machinery around the house.

Green Team Landscaping
10-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Hey Redmax Man, any chance you still have that striper?

Junior M
10-12-2008, 10:03 PM
You mow lawns? I thought you did construction? Either way, at least you've got some pretty sick machinery around the house.
Yeah, I didnt do anything with mowing this year, I just kinda needed a year off, and I wanted to spend some time with real landscaper learning how it is really done, this year I have aquired a zero turn, some quality handhelds, I have mowed a couple yards around the nieghborhood this year for a guy that got sent to Iraq, and a new nieghbor that doesnt have a mower yet. But beginning of next year I am going to hit hard again trying to find some more work since the construction/dirt work side of us isnt working out to well with the economy the way it is

and we dont have any equipment, yet, we are renting when we have work but if the economy gets better after the election like we are hoping we are going to buy invest in a mini ex..

Oh, yeah go to the Starting a lawn care business forum thing and go read that thread i posted called "ok, I need some help here," it will tell most of the story of what happened and what I am going to do with the name and all the other crapola, and theres a little extra helpful bs in there to

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I didnt do anything with mowing this year, I just kinda needed a year off, and I wanted to spend some time with real landscaper learning how it is really done, this year I have aquired a zero turn, some quality handhelds, I have mowed a couple yards around the nieghborhood this year for a guy that got sent to Iraq, and a new nieghbor that doesnt have a mower yet. But beginning of next year I am going to hit hard again trying to find some more work since the construction/dirt work side of us isnt working out to well with the economy the way it is

and we dont have any equipment, yet, we are renting when we have work but if the economy gets better after the election like we are hoping we are going to buy invest in a mini ex..

Oh, yeah go to the Starting a lawn care business forum thing and go read that thread i posted called "ok, I need some help here," it will tell most of the story of what happened and what I am going to do with the name and all the other crapola, and theres a little extra helpful bs in there to
Keep getting accounts. I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday and we were talking a little bit about my business and he was like "Yeah thats a good idea because I don't see you wanting out of this soon". Its a correct statement. There is a landscaper up the road from me but I'm kinda hesitant to go talk to him.

RedMax Man
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Why did it take you so long to get your license?
The rents didn't want me to have it when i was younger so they waited then i had to go though all of drivers ed which takes bout a year.
You spelled my name wrong.
Hey Redmax Man, any chance you still have that striper?

No, it was sold with the Toro mower.

bakerc8
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
why did you sell it its nice

Green Team Landscaping
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
Haha well good luck with getting into the biz even further. If you guys get that mini x then you're going to be installing things in no time.

Green Team Landscaping
10-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Keep getting accounts. I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday and we were talking a little bit about my business and he was like "Yeah thats a good idea because I don't see you wanting out of this soon". Its a correct statement. There is a landscaper up the road from me but I'm kinda hesitant to go talk to him.
I would go talk to him if I were you. I highly doubt he will bite, and it can olny help you. I was pretty hesitant to talk to James Gates, but I did and he's helped me out a ton. The local guys probably know more than the guys on here would know about tricks with your area like dumping spots with leaves, and things that only the local guys would know.

Junior M
10-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Haha well good luck with getting into the biz even further. If you guys get that mini x then you're going to be installing things in no time.
Ok, this maybe my Lower education high school coming out in me,possibly a little blonde, but what do you mean by installing things?

RedMax Man
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
why did you sell it its nice

I replaced it with the Wright Stander. Yeah it was a nice mower.

deere615
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I had to go through all that drivers ed crap too, did help lower insurance though

PlatinumLandCon
10-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, this maybe my Lower education high school coming out in me,possibly a little blonde, but what do you mean by installing things?

I'm guessin he means hardscapes and more 'construction' type things, rather than mowing.

Its a great business to get into, I'm 17 now and I'm a full-fledged hardscape company. I'll tell you this, don't rush into it. I stumbled quite a few times simply due to lack of experience and lack of capital. I honestly wish I worked for someone else at first, but I am where I am now so I just have to roll with the punches. Looking back, I did pretty damn well for my first year (grossed aruond 100k), but there's a million places where I could have done something better. Oh well, just think how much better next year will be now that I've learned all these lessons.:)

Junior M
10-14-2008, 07:10 AM
Oh, we build retaining walls now, we havent built but a couple this year. We have never attempted pavers but hey I am not scared! haha...

Green Team Landscaping
10-14-2008, 06:55 PM
And the winner is platinum. Yeah, I was just wondering how far you've gone. WITH YOUR BUSINESS!!!!! NOT GIRLS!!!! lol

Kglenn04
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
is that a striping kit the bar on the back of the Toro?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM
is that a striping kit the bar on the back of the Toro?

That would be what it is. Or sometimes referred to as a striping roller. I need to get one for my new Gravely. It stripes good now but it would probably to ten times better with a kit

Kglenn04
10-14-2008, 10:43 PM
That would be what it is. Or sometimes referred to as a striping roller. I need to get one for my new Gravely. It stripes good now but it would probably to ten times better with a kit

me too lol

STIHL GUY
10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Those stripes pictures look great.

RedMax Man
10-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Those stripes pictures look great.

I don't do that account anymore. They were one of many customers that dropped the landscaper this year in order to save $$$.